Cerrone getting another fine after the fight

Monster will just pay the fines like Nike did back in the day with Jordan.

Cerrone is a fool. I like him as a fighter but why throw money down the toilet over a patch. You can't wear it so grow the fuck up and act like a man.

Act like a rule abiding adult? Like the guy in your AV?

It's a dedication to a loved one. Only a pussy wouldn't try to keep wearing it.

monster is an approved sponsor you goof. Along with tnt (barao) and fram.

Make an exception for one then everyone else will want one. Bad move.

This would end up being a PR nightmare for Reebok and the UFC. Cerrone is a fan favorite and call them out on that. If Reebok was smart they'd tell the UFC to make an exception for Cowboy. They have way too much bad PR as it is.

stupid from Cerrone

Fine, do it once on principle take the fine but repeatedly flouting the uniform contract, chuck in the one usada whereabouts violation that we know about

dude has problems following rules. Yet when he ends up out of the UFC he will no doubt cry about it

You mean the violation for not telling them he was going to be in Vegas when they showed up unannounced to his home?

Cerrone is a fool. I like him as a fighter but why throw money down the toilet over a patch. You can't wear it so grow the fuck up and act like a man.
He gets more money from the sponsors than the fine is. He is making money overall. Hope this helps.

Unfortunately for Cerrone, the UFC can increase those fines exponentially, and even suspend him. I think his rebellious plan has some flaws. I respect his stance, but I don't think he fully realizes that the UFC won't just slap him with an insignificant fine each and every time. Reebok will want to see a consequence that ensures compliance by all the fighters without question.
Which sounds really shitty right? I'd at least hope you agree on that much

Pre paid the fine already

I could live off his fine money...
That's the real sad story about all of this.

You mean the violation for not telling them he was going to be in Vegas when they showed up unannounced to his home?

yes hence inability to follow the rules. rules state he has to file his wherabouts and keep them updated

yes hence inability to follow the rules. rules state he has to file his wherabouts and keep them updated

Sounds like a strange thing to nit pick on, even in this context. What if he was at the store, or the doctor, etc etc etc? Expecting him to let them know every time he feels like leaving the house, even when not scheduled for a fight, seems extreme.

Sounds like a strange thing to nit pick on, even in this context. What if he was at the store, or the doctor, etc etc etc? Expecting him to let them know every time he feels like leaving the house, even when not scheduled for a fight, seems extreme.
im not nitpicking

im saying, ignoring uniform policy, failing to adhere to wherabouts policy, if he deliberately flaunts the uniform regs tonight he really doesnt do himself any favors.

(its not a debate about teh whereabouts policy, you get a phone call, if you are at the store they wait for you, he was in a different city :D)

Welcome to becoming a real sport.

October is the month where the NFL shows how much it cares by having players wear pink to show their support for breast cancer. But the NFL won't allow Pittsburgh Steelers defensive end Cameron Heyward to honor his father, who lost a battle with cancer in 2006.
Heyward tweeted Wednesday that he had been fined by the NFL. Not for causing an injury with a helmet-to-helmet blow, and not for criticizing the officials. He was fined for putting the message "Iron Head" on his eye black.
The message was a tribute to his father Craig "Ironhead" Heyward, who spent 11 years in the NFL as a fullback, most notably with New Orleans and Atlanta. Heyward died of bone cancer at the age of 39, when Cam was only 17.
http://www.sbnation.com/2015/10/14/9531371/nfl-fines-cameron-heyward-steelers-ironhead-cancer

Running back DeAngelo Williamshad his request to wear pink in recognition of his mother’s battle with breast cancer rejected by the NFL earlier this year and Aditi Kinkhabwala of NFL Media reports that he has now been fined $5,787 by the league for wearing “we will find a cure” and a pink breast cancer awareness ribbon on his eye black this month.
The NFL has been unbending in their opposition to any messages sent via uniforms that don’t come pre-approved by the league, so the only surprising part of Williams’s fine is that it comes during a month that the league uses as a way to show how much they care about the fight against breast cancer.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...fined-for-breast-cancer-message-on-eye-black/

Last I checked real men do what they want regardless of $ being dangled over their heads.

Maybe in 2016 the definition has changed and it's about how much corporate cock you can suck .

I have no idea anymore.

His employer has told him he can't wear the patch due to them being sponsored by reebok. Grow up and deal with it. I know the patch represents something to him but when you're at work you go by there rules.

He said he got fined a lot the last time, why do it again. It's pure stupidity.
What a fucking sheep.

I respect his conviction. The lone man thinks he can make a difference.

Just imagine every fighter did this....took a stand. Wtf would zuffa do? Suspend everyone? All the top fighters who have some dough to fall back on should do it. It would put the ufc in a precarious position.

His employer has told him he can't wear the patch due to them being sponsored by reebok. Grow up and deal with it. I know the patch represents something to him but when you're at work you go by there rules.

the evolution of you...

egdQ0.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back