Cerrone getting another fine after the fight

Unfortunately for Cerrone, the UFC can increase those fines exponentially, and even suspend him. I think his rebellious plan has some flaws. I respect his stance, but I don't think he fully realizes that the UFC won't just slap him with an insignificant fine each and every time. Reebok will want to see a consequence that ensures compliance by all the fighters without question.

Highly doubt the UFC would suspend it's most active fighter who has a big fanbase, well known, and quite frankly is the only reason this card tonight is even getting attention.

They may fine him until the sun burns out but suspend him? That'd be a mistake on the UFC's part and Cerrone most likely knows that.

There's 4 panels on a pair of shorts. Why not just let the fighters put what they want on one of them? Like the left cheek.

Unfortunately for Cerrone, the UFC can increase those fines exponentially, and even suspend him. I think his rebellious plan has some flaws. I respect his stance, but I don't think he fully realizes that the UFC won't just slap him with an insignificant fine each and every time. Reebok will want to see a consequence that ensures compliance by all the fighters without question.
They would be hurting themselves by suspending their most reliable most active fighter that actually draws

Monster is a UFC sponsor.

aufxn76x.jpg

I didn't say it wasn't .. I was just commenting that it was all I saw in the photo TS posted.

So do we know what the fine was last time?

So if a Reebok payout for cerrone is around 15-20 k, and an outside sponsor is giving him 100k to wear their sponsorship patch as well as reebok.....how much is a fine?

Maybe its worth it....

stupid from Cerrone

Fine, do it once on principle take the fine but repeatedly flouting the uniform contract, chuck in the one usada whereabouts violation that we know about

dude has problems following rules. Yet when he ends up out of the UFC he will no doubt cry about it

he could get cut if he loses now.

This would end up being a PR nightmare for Reebok and the UFC. Cerrone is a fan favorite and call them out on that. If Reebok was smart they'd tell the UFC to make an exception for Cowboy. They have way too much bad PR as it is.
Making an exception is a ridiculous idea, what they need to do it, is allow fighters with a certain amount of fights to be able to customise their shorts within reason before they are made in order allow fighters a semblance of individuality.

They should really allow the fighters to customize one panel of the shorts, so long as they don't put any other sponsors on the panel. It would help establish the fighter's brands and would probably actually boost sales of their shitty "kits" if there was some unique imagery on each shirt instead of just different names on identical shirts.

It's amazing how many people here just can't grasp principles or standing up for them ..... It's a damn shame really

he could get cut if he loses now.

Wouldn't happen. No way would the UFC allow one of their most popular and active fighters (hate to regurgitate that line, but it's true) to inevitably go and headline a Bellator event his first fight out. Probably even fight for the title his first fight out for them. Absolutely no way knowing he'd become a major draw for the main competition.

I think the UFC continues to slap him on the wrist until Reebok demands they do more. I could see him eventually getting removed from a card. Reebok would "kill the hostage", as it were, as a lesson to other fighters to keep them in line. It would work, unless your last name is Diaz.

Standing up for things that are important to you is part of being a man.

His employer has told him he can't wear the patch due to them being sponsored by reebok. Grow up and deal with it. I know the patch represents something to him but when you're at work you go by there rules.

He said he got fined a lot the last time, why do it again. It's pure stupidity.

Cerrone is a fool. I like him as a fighter but why throw money down the toilet over a patch. You can't wear it so grow the fuck up and act like a man.
I thought it was manlier to stand by your convictions.

His last fine was for a flag, I don't see a flag on his shorts.

Too bad he didn't win the title, Dana would be blowing a fuse that the champ in the most stacked division is rebelling.

Wasn't his little side tshirt project supposed to be the replacement for the flag patch?

If he really needs to wear the patch can't he put it on the shorts he wears under the ufc gear? Does it have to be on show. Would save him some cash.

504_Rafael_Dos_Anjos_vs_Donald_Cerrone.0.0.jpg

It's stupid. He's just pissed that he doesn't have an individual Reebok sponsorship. It's what it's all about.

He's been salty about that since the launch when he wasn't one of the fighters to have shirts available right away.

Back