Cerrone definetely takes the fight to ground

Where are you seeing this?

Untitled.png

https://www.mmamania.com/2020/1/11/...ia-conor-mcgregor-donald-cerrone-ufc-246-espn

Who cares. It's mma, not boxing. Both of them will do what they have to do to win the fight.

Cerrone is a company man, he won’t do such a thing.

Cerrone wins by sub by hurting his opponent on the feet first

he won’t hurt Conor

So recently we all read the news about Mcgregor's jiu jitsu coach Dillion Dannis that he cant be on Mcgregor's corner unless he pays his 7500 dollars fine. And he probably wont be there during the fight.

Conor is aware that without his coach he will be in trouble if it goes to ground so he posted the picture above and wrote that note, Cerrone has 17 submission victories.

I believe that Cerrone's coaches are aware of Mcgregor's ground game, and if they heard the news about Dannis not being on his corner, i think they will want to capitalize and take advantage.

But Cerrone is a fan favourite fighter who loves stand and bang, and to entertain the crowd. But why would he try to take it to the ground?
First of all it makes sense but secondly,
Lets remember the second round of his fight against Ferguson where he tried to take Tony down (which he succeed), he was getting rocked badly so he wanted to take it to the ground.

4:55

So my prediction is, Mcgregor will outstrike Cowboy and then Cowboy will try to take Mcgregor down, which i believe he will succesfully score.

McGregor has outstruck every opponent he's faced (minus Khabib) in the first 2 rounds, it's just what he does. But he can't go more than 10 hard minutes, this has been proven multiple times. Cowboy just needs to be able to grind Conor out for 10 minutes and then he will be to control the fight at range with ease. Not to mention anytime he wants to work Conor with some wrestling it will be a win for Cerrone, guy has underrated wrestling and obviously a great BJJ game.

I'm gonna have to put in my bet Friday morning because once they face off at weigh ins and people see Cerrone looking bigger than Conor the bets will start flooding in for Cowboy. Hoping until then Cowboy continues to drop. Will be a nice payday on Cowboy.

What makes you think he will even get it there? Only Khabib could control Conor on the ground and even then, he showed pretty solid defensive grappling. Donald has never shown good offensive wrestling..

Who are you people who never saw the Chad Mendes fight?

He not only took him down with relative ease, he kept him there for an extraordinary amount of time. Conor's guard game consisted of literally asking the referee to let him up. If Chad had a champ and didn't gas out, he was easily dominating that fight on the ground.

Nate Diaz is arguably the WORST MMA adapted wrestler of his generation, certainly of the top 10 ranked guys in his career. He is truly terrible at wrestling and has been out wrestled to decision losses by multiple featherweights.

He took Conor down. Twice.

McGregor has outstruck every opponent he's faced (minus Khabib) in the first 2 rounds

This is definitely wrong.

Nate Diaz boxed the guys head in for roughly 90 seconds straight in the second round of their fight, to the point he was clearly about to lose via TKO. He shot in desperation and decided to get tapped out instead of taking a KO loss, but he surely didn't out strike Nate the first 2 rounds of their fight.

Who are you people who never saw the Chad Mendes fight?

He not only took him down with relative ease, he kept him there for an extraordinary amount of time. Conor's guard game consisted of literally asking the referee to let him up. If Chad had a champ and didn't gas out, he was easily dominating that fight on the ground.

Yeah, and Chad is a much better wrestler and grappler than Donald plus he was on PED’s. Conor popped up every time and finished him. Chad would have beat Cowboy with ease at that stage in his career.

Just like when he stood with Perry, they clinched and Perry took him down. How many people does Cerrone take down? He submits off his back, or he kicks you in the head.

• TD Acc.: 36%
  • TD Def.: 73%

Danis' presence is not a big issue...and it is also not just a matter of money or else Conor would simply cover it.

Contrary to what some people seem to think, Danis and Conor do not actually train together that often and Kavanagh is plenty competent to effectively coach Conor should the fight hit the ground.

But yes...of course Cowboy should try to get the TD, as he clearly has better grappling and submissions, and uses that aspect of his game more often in MMA, compared to Conor.

Cerrone has alot of sub wins but he either got taken down or knocked them down before hand in a number of them.

But then again, if Cowboy is willing to shoot on Cowboy Oliviera why not Conor? Its all a question mark

cowboys wrestling isn't that good; Conor's takedown defense is very underrated. and when Conor gets taken down, he's pretty good at getting back up. I see most of this fight being primarily on their feet

Yeah, and Chad is a much better wrestler and grappler than Donald plus he was on PED’s. Conor popped up every time and finished him. Chad would have beat Cowboy with ease at that stage in his career.

You made a flat out inaccurate statement, and I was correcting you:

Only Khabib could control Conor on the ground

Chad Mendes controlled Conor on the ground for minutes, including splitting his head open with elbows. So we both know you are wrong and can move on from that point.

I don't think Chad is a much better "grappler" then Donald who has 17 career submission wins against a wide variety of opponents, from both his guard and back mount. Chad had better take downs but not nearly as accomplished stopping fights via submission.

Either way, Conor is a subpar wrestler and all four of his career losses are submissions.

Thing is, Cowboy can’t keep Conor down long enough to work a submission. Conor might not be the grappling phenom but he does have good TDD and scrambling ability. Only Mendes and Khabib were able to keep him down for a longer period of time, Cowboy has a good ground game but not as good as the two names mentioned.

Conor's ground game is certainly underrated (especially by the haters)...but is there really any good reason to believe that Cowboy "can't keep Conor down long enough"?

I would say that the reason we have only seen Khabib and Mendes effectively control him on the ground is because Conor generally does not get taken down, so the sample size from which to draw conclusions about his scrambling, ability to get up, defend subs, etc. is relatively small.

The larger issue (IMHO) is not whether Cowboy is capable of keeping him down long enough to work for a sub, it's whether Cowboy will be able to get the TD in the first place.

Cowboy will take it the ground, but he won't be conscious on the way down.

Cerrone has never been KOd in his entire 57+ fight combat sport career, and Conor only has one KO in his entire UFC career and that took a featherweight running face first into his fist, then getting kneed in the head by the ref.

Conor by KO is pretty far down on the list as far as ways the fight will end.

Back