Cerrone definetely takes the fight to ground

If he does I'll be impressed, but something tells me that he won't.

It'd be smart to mix in some TDs and keep Conor guessing. If Cowboy wanted to win at any cost he'd exhaust his entire arsenal. Even if Cowboy doesn't have the best TDs, if he keeps feinting them, following up with strikes, and times Conor making a misread, who knows how the fight could go. If Cowboy goes in just to throw leather well, it may not work very well for him.

If Cowboy takes it to the ground, how many fouls will Conor do?

If it happens we will all discuss how the fight would've went without all those fouls.

Conor has a decent guard and Cerrone's sub game (although I admit he's solid on the ground) is more from the guard. Cerrone can win rounds and set up his striking with takedowns, but he has no chance of submitting Conor imo. I hate Danis as much as the next guy, but he's more lethal on the ground than Cowboy will ever be.

So recently we all read the news about Mcgregor's jiu jitsu coach Dillion Dannis that he cant be on Mcgregor's corner unless he pays his 7500 dollars fine. And he probably wont be there during the fight.

Conor is aware that without his coach he will be in trouble if it goes to ground so he posted the picture above and wrote that note, Cerrone has 17 submission victories.

I believe that Cerrone's coaches are aware of Mcgregor's ground game, and if they heard the news about Dannis not being on his corner, i think they will want to capitalize and take advantage.

But Cerrone is a fan favourite fighter who loves stand and bang, and to entertain the crowd. But why would he try to take it to the ground?
First of all it makes sense but secondly,
Lets remember the second round of his fight against Ferguson where he tried to take Tony down (which he succeed), he was getting rocked badly so he wanted to take it to the ground.

4:55

So my prediction is, Mcgregor will outstrike Cowboy and then Cowboy will try to take Mcgregor down, which i believe he will succesfully score.

so you think cerrone will do, what it took khabib 4 rounds to finally do? conor lasted with a wrestling machine for 4 rounds....cerrone, who isn't nearly the wrestler khabib is, is going to get conor down? I don't think so.

I would tell Cowboy use kicks, jabs, length, and movement to fend off and frustrate Conor's straight out the gate forward pressure point fight him through one & two heavy clinch work if he gets through tie him up and release. Think 5rds then start to open up and search for td's making him defensive and uncomfortable then really open up with kicks to body and legz softening him up for that td...

If Cerrone get's it to the ground, the advantage shifts waaaaaaay to his side

Two problems

Cerrone's takedowns kind of suck
Cerrone always wants to "prove" he can stand and bang

If they happen to grapple he will, i dont think he will shoot that much, not his style, despite having the all time subs record.

Cowboys should take it to the ground and submit if it goes to the fourth or fifth then he should stay standing and take Conor apart. The first couple of rounds are really dangerous for him. His head cannot take a clean shot anymore.

Cowboy will take it the ground, but he won't be conscious on the way down.
Name one time Conor has ever made someone unconscious completely? Can’t say Aldo either, BJM knee got him in the face securing the KO.

Is that Conor Mcgregor or has he swapped places with that pensioner he attacked in the pub?

Ceronne how's lots of ways to win but I think everyone is buying into this survive the first round nonsense. Yes he will have to survive it but if he goes out and simply tries to survive for 5 minutes throwing little he will be sleeping before he hears the bell. He has to initiate, whilst sleeping distance and also not over commit which will be a tall order for someone who finds a way to crumble in big fights. I like ceronne and want him to win but it's a tough match up for him, I think he will be lulled into the left at some point along the cage in the first.

Cowboy will take it the ground, but he won't be conscious on the way down.
Conor likes to lean back and hit with the counter left hand when somebody tries to go for his face. Cerrone will be well versed in this (as his coach has suggested), he will keep his distance and will use his legs calf kicks to great effect. With his front leg bruised as fuk, Conor will then be forced to go forward himself, keep in mind he always keeps his hands down thereby exposing his head/chin. This is where one of Cowboys legendary shin kick should connect to Mcnuggets chin, I think this will wreck Conor.

Most of Conor's opponents have been midgets (or with limited kicking game such as Khabib and Diaz). Mcgregor's style actually plays very well to somebody like Cowboy, who loves to pick people off with combos and kicks at range.

If Cerrone lands a shin kick to Conors chin, and becomes dazed (this is where Cowboy Cerrone's elite ground game kicks in). He's an absolute beast at submission on a dazed opponent, especially somebody like McNuggets with a piss-poor ground game.

I genuinely don't think Danis being in Conor's corner will make a difference whatsoever imo

Back