Cerrone definetely takes the fight to ground

Hatuwkoi

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So recently we all read the news about Mcgregor's jiu jitsu coach Dillion Dannis that he cant be on Mcgregor's corner unless he pays his 7500 dollars fine. And he probably wont be there during the fight.

Conor is aware that without his coach he will be in trouble if it goes to ground so he posted the picture above and wrote that note, Cerrone has 17 submission victories.

I believe that Cerrone's coaches are aware of Mcgregor's ground game, and if they heard the news about Dannis not being on his corner, i think they will want to capitalize and take advantage.

But Cerrone is a fan favourite fighter who loves stand and bang, and to entertain the crowd. But why would he try to take it to the ground?
First of all it makes sense but secondly,
Lets remember the second round of his fight against Ferguson where he tried to take Tony down (which he succeed), he was getting rocked badly so he wanted to take it to the ground.

4:55

So my prediction is, Mcgregor will outstrike Cowboy and then Cowboy will try to take Mcgregor down, which i believe he will succesfully score.

Cowboy will take it the ground, but he won't be conscious on the way down.

Cowboy will probably feel a punch, shoot a weak old man TD, get stuffed and then get KO'd. Unfortunately.

I’d be interested to see Cowboys win bonus in relation to his show money. I bet it pales in comparison

He will stand and bang and fold like a chair, also he will be happy to do so and afterwards say something like: "I am just happy to be here and we are both cowboys and studs" or something like that

Last edited:
I’d be interested to see Cowboys win bonus in relation to his show money. I bet it pales in comparison
His win bonus would be the shit storm that followed up any win against Conor.
BMF fights etc.

Cowboy wins is easily if it goes to the ground, he's so much better there than Khabib is and he's on a completely different level to Conor.
I'd love to see him shoot in the first 10 seconds of the fight but we all know it'll be kickboxing until Conor wins.

He will stand and bang and fold like a chair, also he will be happy to do so and afterwards say something like: "I am just happy to be here and we are both cowboys and studs or something like that"
I do love an unintended extra quoted word or two.

either Cowoboy takes it to the ground, or he turns Conny into a panik rassler and then Conny takes it to the ground. Either way, it goes to the ground.

Well I fucking hope so... but I doubt it.
Cowboy is a company man and will entertain us in standup - he said so himself.

What makes you think he will even get it there? Only Khabib could control Conor on the ground and even then, he showed pretty solid defensive grappling. Donald has never shown good offensive wrestling..

Thing is, Cowboy can’t keep Conor down long enough to work a submission. Conor might not be the grappling phenom but he does have good TDD and scrambling ability. Only Mendes and Khabib were able to keep him down for a longer period of time, Cowboy has a good ground game but not as good as the two names mentioned.

Im just hoping that he wants to win, fights to win and not just to earn his money and have "fun"...

I aint a Conor fan but he did do reasonably well against Khabib than most of Khabib's opponents did, even stuffed a few takedowns when he was tired. This is probably gonna be a striking battle, question is will it be a point fight match or a slugfest we will find out soon!

Conor has solid TDD

And Cowboys not even going to try it.

So recently we all read the news about Mcgregor's jiu jitsu coach Dillion Dannis that he cant be on Mcgregor's corner unless he pays his 7500 dollars fine. And he probably wont be there during the fight.

Conor is aware that without his coach he will be in trouble if it goes to ground so he posted the picture above and wrote that note, Cerrone has 17 submission victories.

I believe that Cerrone's coaches are aware of Mcgregor's ground game, and if they heard the news about Dannis not being on his corner, i think they will want to capitalize and take advantage.

But Cerrone is a fan favourite fighter who loves stand and bang, and to entertain the crowd. But why would he try to take it to the ground?
First of all it makes sense but secondly,
Lets remember the second round of his fight against Ferguson where he tried to take Tony down (which he succeed), he was getting rocked badly so he wanted to take it to the ground.

4:55

So my prediction is, Mcgregor will outstrike Cowboy and then Cowboy will try to take Mcgregor down, which i believe he will succesfully score.

Incredible get up ability by Tony there.

Danis has to pay 7.5K?

How much is Bellator paying him to fight complete cans?

Back