Cerrone about the shoulder strikes: "I never saw something like that"

Cerrone is not a Happy Camper. Got Paid $200k to show in his biggest fight of his career and his worst performance. I was Shocked! I actually thought he had a great chance of winning. Once in a lifetime opportunity gone. Cerrone will never Headline another card.
Red Panties don't come cheap...

To be fair, right after the first one Cerrone still kept his head in the same position. A small adjustment would have been enough to avoid the rest. Shoulder strikes aren't that great of a technique, especially when you're smaller than your opponent. They work if your opponent is dumb.

He finally made the adjustment after it was too late; Conor's final shoulder strike slid by Cerrone's cheek, and then he didn't throw any more.

Allan Goes, what an underrated old school fighter. Bombing palm strike GNP on Frank Shamrock, making Sakuraba's life hell with kicks from off his back (Sakuraba's training for his fights with the Gracies), and even shoulder striking up a storm there. The time he tried capoeira on Mark Coleman didn't work out well for him, but he was always a very creative fighter who seemed to have been a master of techniques that nobody else had even thought of yet at the time.

Cowboy thought he was safe but he was walking into those strikes.

Now that you say that, it reminds me of Josh Barnett wrongly thinking that he was safe when Travis Browne started elbowing him: The time it took them to realize that they weren't safe was the time it took for the shots to do damage.

Tbh I don`t think anyone saw those coming.
Conor loaded them up for like 3 seconds. After the first one cowboy should have seen them coming. But didn't for obvious reasons.

To be fair, right after the first one Cerrone still kept his head in the same position. A small adjustment would have been enough to avoid the rest. Shoulder strikes aren't that great of a technique, especially when you're smaller than your opponent. They work if your opponent is dumb.

He technically needed to keep his head there to improve position but yeah when Connor loaded up on the second or at least their he should've timed it and switched under.

I think he meant shoulder strikes in the middle of the ring, which typically dont happen because the trained opponent can move back and away from the full range of it. I am predicting that foot stomps will become the next mysterious technique MMA fighters won't see coming. You heard it here first

Agree, out in the middle of the ring.

And it's not something people really train.

Also, just because he trains at the same place as Jones doesn't mean he watches all of his fights or any fights at all.

Not only that, BUT at least Jones is a PHENOMENAL grappler and had the cage + double wrist control.

Cowboy had an underhook on Connie and never bothered to do anything with it. He forgot how to fight in the clinch overnight

TOTALLY not suspect lol.

Yu0WLeN.gif

giphy.gif
U nailed it

Everyone knew Cerrone would lose. I was not shocked by the lose but his fucking cuckhold behavior pre and post fight is embarrassing.

At this point he should name his favorite horse Conor because clearly he loves riding the mother fucker.

This, while not a new technique, its something that usually doesnt seem to actually hurt the other guy, probably Conor basically hit jackpot with it and land it perfectly.
I think that might be what Donald is referring to.
People might be taking it as he literally never saw it before when what he means is he has never seen them used to the effect of actually hurting someone.
if you take it literally than you can continue to trash cowboy if you take it as the latter than it makes more sense. ymmv.
Ok back to bashing Cerrone ya all.

Not only that, BUT at least Jones is a PHENOMENAL grappler and had the cage + double wrist control.

Cowboy had an underhook on Connie and never bothered to do anything with it. He forgot how to fight in the clinch overnight

TOTALLY not suspect lol.

Yu0WLeN.gif

giphy.gif
U nailed it

As a fan of Occam's Razor, I think that the simpler explanation than fix/dive is that Cerrone is a notoriously slow starter and Conor effectively blitzed him with everything he had - fists, knees, feet, and even shoulders. Notice that the Conor gif is from the opening seconds and the Lawler gif is from deep into the fight? Hell, if you actually go back to Cerrone/Lawler, the first ten seconds with Lawler blitzing him - including putting on a clinch clinic! - is (Goldie voice) virtually identical to the way that Conor blitzed him. Conor just did it better.

Really cowboy, really?

UnfortunateMeagerAruanas.gif

Basically spent his whole career in JW, homegym of Jon Jones, and he never saw anything like this before?

LOL

I remember people here complaining about Jones doing this after that fight.

TOTALLY not suspect lol.

Yu0WLeN.gif

giphy.gif

He forgot to fight in the clinch overnight? Alexa play the Eddie vs Cerrone fight again for me please.

Sounded like a guy who's job was to put over Conor McGregor and nothing else. And he sure did a good job of it. He looked like a WCW Saturday Night jobber getting squashed by Bill Goldberg in 1997. Hell, those guys usually got a punch or 2 in at least.
Lmao!
The Goldberg reference.
Cowboy was essentially Glacier then?
Bad_Gimmick_Hall_of_Fame_Glacier_2_900x590.jpg

Back