Crime CERN Scientist: "Physics Built By Men - Not By Invitation" [He's Gone and Einstein's Right...Again.]

Women can't drive. This is undeniable proof that women have no place in physics.

It is basically just a further division into immaturity and stupidity to even care who made the most visible contributions. People caught up in this concern, who see women as the other, have lost their way.

Women have contributed love and nurturing to out children and to the men they love. How do you measure that? It is a temptation to separate and judge the opposite sex, it is a weakness and a perversion to do so too.

You sure about that? The three great movements in physics history have been mechanics (forces, masses, and accelerations), electromagnetism (fields, charges and potentials) and quantum mechanics (propagating waves of probability). Maxwell essentially laid the foundation of the second, so it's very difficult to see how he could rate any less than among the top three or four at the very worst, and probably among all scientists and across all fields at that.

I was thinking of science in general, not just physics, which is why I would put Turing above Maxwell.

My problem with Maxwell is his most meaningful work weren't principles he discovered, was quickly re-imagined by Heaviside, and needed Lorentz and Einstein to tie it to the rest of the physical world.

And I would add relativity as another great movement of physics.

I was thinking of science in general, not just physics, which is why I would put Turing above Maxwell.

My problem with Maxwell is his most meaningful work weren't principles he discovered, was quickly re-imagined by Heaviside, and needed Lorentz and Einstein to tie it to the rest of the physical world.

And I would add relativity as another great movement of physics.

The first to unify a field theory is no small accomplishment though.

The first to unify a field theory is no small accomplishment though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/541840.stm

That was taken from a poll of 100 physicists, although it's weird to me how the media almost always only mentions special and general relativity when talking about him. You'd think realizing wave-particle duality and identifying the force carrier of electromagnetism would rate pretty high on a list of achievements. There have certainly been far more technological applications ultimately born out of it, but GR is his brain child.

He was speaking at a workshop in Geneva on gender and high energy physics. Professor Strumia has since defended his comments, saying he was only presenting the facts.

Facts at a "workshop" with the word "Gender" in it? The man may be intelligent, but he is clearly lacking in wisdom...

Also, why the actual fuck is there a workshop on gender and high energy physics?!? These two things are NOT related.

Cant wait for the scientific presentations at the upcoming gender and nuclear waste disposal conference!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/541840.stm

That was taken from a poll of 100 physicists, although it's weird to me how the media almost always only mentions special and general relativity when talking about him. You'd think realizing wave-particle duality and identifying the force carrier of electromagnetism would rate pretty high on a list of achievements. There have certainly been far more technological applications ultimately born out of it, but GR is his brain child.

Yes, but GR is one of the greatest achievements of thought in the history of the planet.

Facts at a "workshop" with the word "Gender" in it? The man may be intelligent, but he is clearly lacking in wisdom...

Also, why the actual fuck is there a workshop on gender and high energy physics?!? These two things are NOT related.

Cant wait for the scientific presentations at the upcoming gender and nuclear waste disposal conference!

I laughed out loud when I read that too. What makes it funny is that he showed up to it and went on a diatribe, causing absolute chaos and sparking outrage left and right.

Yes, but GR is one of the greatest achievements of thought in the history of the planet.

Of course, but there is room to mention more than that.

It is basically just a further division into immaturity and stupidity to even care who made the most visible contributions.

Certainly not in a general (or individual) sense, people damn well deserve credit and historical recognition for fundamental contributions to the natural sciences. It's the most invaluable endeavor and enterprise the human species has to its name. It's no coincidence we've arguably advanced more post-Newtonian Synthesis in the last 330 years than the previous 200,000 combined.

They can go nuts all they want, as can you, does not make that statement any less true.

I tend not to worry about what sort of emotions my statements will evoke in hysterical reactionaries.

Women do better in school for the most part so feminists can't complain about overall achievement so they move the goalposts to specific fields at the collegiate and graduate level to make the argument for female victimhood as boys are dropping out of school at higher rates. Its ridiculous and I pay little to no heed to it.

Women can do physics and math without question. There aren't as many in these fields, however.

I think the large gender disparity in skill is extremely obvious if you are a physicist, and just knowing that is probably enough for male physicists to just keep quiet.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9544

A Vanderbilt University professor recently complained in an academic journal article that the field of mathematics is a “white and heteronormatively masculinized space.”

In a recent article titled Unpacking the Male Superiority Myth and Masculinization of Mathematics at the Intersection, Professor Luis A. Leyva argues that factors such as teacher expectations and cultural norms “serve as gendering mechanisms that give rise to sex-based achievement differences.”

Citing the “masculinization of mathematics,” Leyva then suggests that the apparent “gender gap” in mathematical ability is socially constructed (as opposed to arising from inherently different cognitive abilities) and therefore a “myth of male superiority.”

This “myth” is further perpetuated by teachers who point out instances of female underachievement, Leyva claims, asserting that doing so can “contribute to the masculinization of the domain that unfairly holds students to men’s higher levels of achievement and participation as a measure of success.”

Intersectionality theory from black feminist thought, he adds, can allow for “more nuanced analyses of gender” and its relation to mathematical performance.

“It is, therefore, critical that scholars examine the influences of different contexts on students’ mathematics achievement and experiences at intersections of gender and other socially constructed identities,” he concludes.

txrecw.gif

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9544

A Vanderbilt University professor recently complained in an academic journal article that the field of mathematics is a “white and heteronormatively masculinized space.”

In a recent article titled Unpacking the Male Superiority Myth and Masculinization of Mathematics at the Intersection, Professor Luis A. Leyva argues that factors such as teacher expectations and cultural norms “serve as gendering mechanisms that give rise to sex-based achievement differences.”

Citing the “masculinization of mathematics,” Leyva then suggests that the apparent “gender gap” in mathematical ability is socially constructed (as opposed to arising from inherently different cognitive abilities) and therefore a “myth of male superiority.”

This “myth” is further perpetuated by teachers who point out instances of female underachievement, Leyva claims, asserting that doing so can “contribute to the masculinization of the domain that unfairly holds students to men’s higher levels of achievement and participation as a measure of success.”

Intersectionality theory from black feminist thought, he adds, can allow for “more nuanced analyses of gender” and its relation to mathematical performance.

“It is, therefore, critical that scholars examine the influences of different contexts on students’ mathematics achievement and experiences at intersections of gender and other socially constructed identities,” he concludes.

txrecw.gif
Yeah, once you get to the point of needing to write opaque, pseudo-intellectual pieces about the issue, it makes it more likely that there is no legitimate rebuttal. The disparity is very simply described by the small difference in IQ variance (variance in the sense of a Gaussian distribution) between men and women. This is accepted by many mainstream academics, as far as I know. So in a field with an average IQ of, say, 140, you can almost predict the outcomes.

It is basically just a further division into immaturity and stupidity to even care who made the most visible contributions. People caught up in this concern, who see women as the other, have lost their way.

Women have contributed love and nurturing to out children and to the men they love. How do you measure that? It is a temptation to separate and judge the opposite sex, it is a weakness and a perversion to do so too.

People in general do this, see themselves as the other, by race, gender, religion, finances etc. It's only gotten worse since social media became mainstream, and media and politicians capitalising on these expansions.

Our world and societies will benefit massively by letting go of these identities, but good luck getting somebody to stop being proud of black culture, or womanhood, or Christian or Muslim, or gay, or American or Middle-Eastern or European or British...

Yeah, once you get to the point of needing to write opaque, pseudo-intellectual pieces about the issue, it makes it more likely that there is no legitimate rebuttal. The disparity is very simply described by the small difference in IQ variance (variance in the sense of a Gaussian distribution) between men and women. This is accepted by many mainstream academics, as far as I know. So in a field with an average IQ of, say, 140, you can almost predict the outcomes.

You should be dubbed for such fascist rhetoric and kidding yourself if you think QFT has anything on Gender Queer Field Theory. The Standard Model can't compete with this.

maxresdefault.jpg

You should be dubbed for such fascist rhetoric and kidding yourself if you think QFT has anything on Gender Queer Field Theory. The Standard Model can't compete with this.

maxresdefault.jpg
Well, that is Chomsky's take on postmodernism. They see that the people in the physics department have "theories" that are opaque and littered with fancy lingo. So they want theories that sounds fancy and opaque. The difference is that theories in physics use language that corresponds to the underlying mathematics (which is the real meat of the subject), and these theories make testable predictions. In "French/left" theory, its just mathless giberish that makes no testable predictions.

Ding Dong Big Dick Doe.

Last edited:
Women do better in school for the most part so feminists can't complain about overall achievement so they move the goalposts to specific fields at the collegiate and graduate level to make the argument for female victimhood as boys are dropping out of school at higher rates. Its ridiculous and I pay little to no heed to it.

On the surface, it kind of seems like you are validating their complaints - if women do better in school, and have an overall higher graduation rate, then why do men still dominate in the private sector?

On the surface, it kind of seems like you are validating their complaints - if women do better in school, and have an overall higher graduation rate, then why do men still dominate in the private sector?
Uh, no I'm not. Women do better on average but men still excel in certain fields and take majority of the degrees in them.

Uh, no I'm not. Women do better on average but men still excel in certain fields and take majority of the degrees in them.

Ok. Was just asking.

Are you saying that women dominate in the private sector "on average'?

Autistic white males are the true masters of the universe. It's time society stops being in denial about it.
Don't go down that path. Japanese and Indian people are way overrepresented in doctorates and other measures of success in the US. Way moreso than white people. And the majority of advancements in physics came not from white people in general, but from Jewish men (who a lot of people don't count as white/Aryan in the first place), and even then not all Jewish men, a very specific group with a very specific cultural history that, again, is not caused by race.

Back