Cejudo: Mighy Mouse is the GOAT

its true that MM is often overlooked in the GOAT talks but I wouldnt place him on #1, it would be vice versa, he is a good #4 behind jbj, gsp and asilva! ofcourse, assuming that we are talking only ufc goats!

I don't think DJ is anywhere near the Goat debate. I actually think Cejudo is higher in that regard to him.

Cejudo caught fire there for a minute but he didn’t do nearly enough to get GOAT consideration. Where do Moraes and Cruz rank at bantamweight right now? Somewhere 6-10 maybe? Those are good wins, and it not HC’s fault that he arrived at bantam at a weird time, but his bantamweight “reign” amounts to winning a vacant belt and then having a Bisping-Henderson moment with Cruz.

As four fight peaks go, Henry’s run against DJ, Dillashaw (regardless of what you think of that crazy weight cut), Marlon and Cruz is very notable. But he literally has nothing else. He’s 0-2 against top flyweights otherwise (personally I think he went 0-3 but at a minimum he fought a great fight in DJ II) and he walked away right when bantamweight was getting good.

Let’s say Henry came back right now, beat Fig, then challenged the winner of Yan-Aljo and won. Now you’re talking about a legitimate, sustained, two division killer, and he absolutely warrants GOAT buzz.

But right now I have DJ ahead fairly easily. He dominated his division for years, has (at most) one narrow splitter defeat since losing to peak Cruz at bantamweight and moving down, and has first round knockouts against the two most notable adversaries of his era (Benavidez and Cejudo). It’s that combination that sets apart the GOAT candidates in my opinion. Lots of guys have a couple really big performances on their record and a few other held a belt for awhile. Holding the belt for awhile and dominating the next best guys when they poke their head up reserved for people like Anderson (Franklin, Henderson, Belfort), Jones (everyone), and GSP (Hughes, whoever else).

FWIW, I happen to be one of the ones who thinks flyweight is just a bit too fringey a division to consider DJ ahead of any of those other candidates. The fact remains that hardly any grown men can make 125, let alone top athletes, and any time you’re a division’s first big champ it’s a little suspect (look at people like Ronda, Faber, etc. once their divisions filled out). But he deserves to rank well ahead of Henry IMHO.

Mighty Mouse was very dominant. People don’t like him because he didn’t finish fights and fought at the lowest weight class.

Cejudo is a clown that overestimated his worth. Also he is a midget
Got finished by dj and got a stolen split decision in the rematch.
He beat a depleted tj, a washed up dominick, only good for 2 round marlon
He is so far out of goat talks its not even funny, so is dj for fighting weakass competition

I think he's the top p4p alive and #2 after GSP.

Back