Cejudo: Mighy Mouse is the GOAT

I'm not saying anything about them being invalidated from a goat talk. The opposite. That any type of bad performance or loss does NOT exclude you from a goat talk.
Well, it's a matter of oponion.
Personally when I'm debating how good someone is I weight their performances and not just "a win is a win".

Maybe it's just the way I'm phrasing "should have lost" that bothers you

If I rephrase it and instead argue that "a controversial win is way less valuable than a clear cut win" - wouldn't you agree?
I'm not saying anything about them being invalidated from a goat talk. The opposite. That any type of bad performance or loss does NOT exclude you from a goat talk.
Well, it's a matter of oponion.
Personally when I'm debating how good someone is I weight their performances and not just "a win is a win".

Maybe it's just the way I'm phrasing "should have lost" that bothers you

If I rephrase it and instead argue that "a controversial win is way less valuable than a clear cut win" - wouldn't you agree?

Controversial and a close fight are two different things. A close fight with one opponent getting the nod is different than than some fraudulent win in my opinion . Just like you personally think a fight win was controversial, someone else may personally view it as a close win or a good win. We adhere that these are all opinions but some label it as a fact which was my issue. These are personal opinions which is fine but these are not facts.

Value in my opinion in terms of a win depends on the opponent, situation and the fight. Not all opponents or situations are similar to warrant a higher standing than another. A close win against a great / top 5 fighter is better than one against a mid tier fighter, in my opinion.

Are you stupid? A decision is literally an opinion.
Sorry he said your boy, whoever that is, should have lost, sports are a bitch.

I don't know if Johson is the GOAT based on resume, but his skillset is second to none, so I think he has at least an argument based on that.

A decision is official, not an opinion. Silva is one of my favorite fighters ever and I thought he beat Bisping but judges say otherwise. So, Bisping beat Silva and I accept that and kudos to Bisping. Gotta take the good with the bad

Nice and humble statement...even if it would turn out he's just fishing for a rematch.
Cejudo has really only won 6 straight fights (after his split loss to Benavides and TKO loss to DJ in 2016)
Mighty Mouse had 13 straight wins before he lost the rematch.

Hard to judge the quality of MM's wins and I get that people are sour about him not wanting to fight Dillashaw.
But it's hard to argue against him being a standout champ just based off his superiority and amount of wins.

His split decision loss (47-48, 47-48, 48-47) to Cejudo isn't a huge problem for his legacy, seeing as all the other UFC greats have lost...or should have, but got lucky with the judges.
Silva lost at age 28 and from age 38, GSP lost to Serra and should've lost to Hendricks, Jones should've lost to Reyes and had close calls with Gus and Santos.

Would love MM vs Cejudo III. I'm sure they're both keeping that door open.
Except GSP beat Hendricks (the judges got it right). So he’s the true GOAT with Khabib

Are you stupid? A decision is literally an opinion.
Sorry he said your boy, whoever that is, should have lost, sports are a bitch.

I don't know if Johson is the GOAT based on resume, but his skillset is second to none, so I think he has at least an argument based on that.
Fully agree.

Also, DJs level of competion is hugely underrated.
Flyweights are super skilled.

Quite ironic people shit on DJ for his alleged bad level of opposition, while acting like Jones and Fedor (the latter i do rate super high) have fought in stacked divisions.

Has he ever been this humble or is he trolling....
I actually don't think he is trolling. He says he's retired so I think the cringiness goes away a bit because he's not hyping a fight. But it also makes his resume look that much better if he beat the all-time goat in his book.

He's not trolling. That would be backwards.

Trolling is when he's doing his Triple C persona.

Are you just stating this as your opinion, or are you saying it DQ’s DJ from the GOAT debate? Personally I don’t think you should do that unless you also do it for GSP, who was not particularly eager to take the Anderson fight. Frankly, Anderson only gets a pass because Machida was his teammate. It’s unfortunate, because it would have been great to see him face Liddell, Rampage, Griffin, Evans, Shogun or Jones when each was champion. For that matter we still haven’t seen Jones fight at heavyweight.

Really it’s just BJ Penn, Conor McGregor and Henry Cejudo who have actually moved up while they were champ and in their prime (arguably Henry and Conor were strongly influenced by the weight cut), and I guess that begs the question of whether it’s a coincidence that none of the three are in the GOAT discussion and what that tells us....

the difference is that DJ ducked TJ at 125. DJ was not obligated to move up but it is weak for a champion to duck a fight in his own weight class

I bet Cejudo has never seen a PRIDE fight.

His gf is probably against it

Cejudo trying to get hype for the rubber match, he's a so predictable midget

There is no Doubt that MM is the GOAT, greatest fighter ever, 11 Title defenses and No PEDS he is an all time Great

hi-res-1d41a1f94553ae5aab70b804f7e4ca02_crop_north.jpg

"“I’m not even part of the GOAT mountain to be quite honest with you"

"my take, it’s Demetrious Johnson, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva and (Georges St-Pierre) … and I would put GSP No. 4.”"

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...-demetrious-johnson-in-his-mma-mount-rushmore
Why Henry did not mention his friend Khabib as one of the all time Great ?

DJ ducked TJ

DJ wanted to get paid for TJ. He'd done enough to earn respect (in the form of $$) from the UFC; but his greatness wasn't sufficiently compensated (yeah, I get it, wasn't a huge draw, but still was absolutely dominant.)
The UFC didn't want to pay him.
In the case of guys like Izzy whose been super dominant but still has a few challengers in the relatively near future in the MW division, they're willing to put his division on hold while he goes up to fight immediately for a title. Of course, he's a bigger draw and has more potential star power.
All DJ had left was rematches against guys he'd already dominated. And the UFC didn't know how to promote him well.

Jones and Anderson are disqualified for PED usage.

Its

GSP
DJ
Aldo
Fedor

I think your opinion on that I naivety of fighting and naivety of what is really in your vitamins and supplements.
60 mins did a story few years back on the lack of overseeing by the fda in vitamins and supplements.

they created there own various supplements. Packaged. Ingredients in the label. One was arsenic pills. The other I can’t recall. But they were all approved for retail sale and consumption by the public.

He's right about the top 2 though he got the order wrong IMO. Less embarrassing than the GSP and AS for goat people who are stuck in the past.

He is a fantastic fighter, it might of been a weak division, but dude had 11 title defences, and lost it to a controversial split decision against another great fighter in Cejudo, that speaks for itself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back