Cejudo: Mighy Mouse is the GOAT

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by KOPPE, Nov 28, 2020.

1. KOPPE McGregor enthusiast

2. IsNormal Brown Belt

Nice and humble statement...even if it would turn out he's just fishing for a rematch.
    Cejudo has really only won 6 straight fights (after his split loss to Benavides and TKO loss to DJ in 2016)
    Mighty Mouse had 13 straight wins before he lost the rematch.

Hard to judge the quality of MM's wins and I get that people are sour about him not wanting to fight Dillashaw.
    But it's hard to argue against him being a standout champ just based off his superiority and amount of wins.

His split decision loss (47-48, 47-48, 48-47) to Cejudo isn't a huge problem for his legacy, seeing as all the other UFC greats have lost...or should have, but got lucky with the judges.
    Silva lost at age 28 and from age 38, GSP lost to Serra and should've lost to Hendricks, Jones should've lost to Reyes and had close calls with Gus and Santos.

Would love MM vs Cejudo III. I'm sure they're both keeping that door open.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  3. RedDevilFan Orange Belt

The idea of your opinions on who should have lost somehow invalidates them from goat talk or whatever is nonsensical, they did not lose.

ridiculous

Linelo, Bubba Kid, jitzmonkey and 3 others like this.
  4. TapSnapBreak A Lion Never Roars After A Kill

Has he ever been this humble or is he trolling....

brackis1 likes this.
  5. El Panteron Purple Belt

Are you stupid? A decision is literally an opinion.
    Sorry he said your boy, whoever that is, should have lost, sports are a bitch.

I don't know if Johson is the GOAT based on resume, but his skillset is second to none, so I think he has at least an argument based on that.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    Ingjr, Ironnik94 and Yojimbonufc like this.
  6. IsNormal Brown Belt

I'm not saying anything about them being invalidated from a goat talk. The opposite. That any type of bad performance or loss does NOT exclude you from a goat talk.
    Well, it's a matter of oponion.
    Personally when I'm debating how good someone is I weight their performances and not just "a win is a win".

Maybe it's just the way I'm phrasing "should have lost" that bothers you

If I rephrase it and instead argue that "a controversial win is way less valuable than a clear cut win" - wouldn't you agree?

sadowolf and El Panteron like this.
  7. chiefwiggum Silver Belt

If your total number of fights are in the teens. You can’t be up for greatest of all time.

all of the mentioned guys, jones is the clear number 1. None of those guys fought and dominated such great fighters for so long.

mm. And gsp. I was never fans of but they are definitely in the discussion.
    Gsp. Fedor and Bones are the greatest fighters I’ve ever seen.

Bubba Kid likes this.
  8. Doug Money Purple Belt

Makes his win over mm better if he calls him the GOAT.

9. MaulingMyClown Purple Belt

I actually don't think he is trolling. He says he's retired so I think the cringiness goes away a bit because he's not hyping a fight. But it also makes his resume look that much better if he beat the all-time goat in his book.

10. welcometohavoc Yellow Card Yellow Card

11. TheMessiah Brown Belt

DJ ducked TJ

12. PlayboyMixx Green Belt

There's no way that DJ or any of the guys mentioned by Cejudo are the GOAT. Khabib won 3 straight title defenses and there's no way that those guys can compete with that... :D

13. Mr Fahrenheit Brown Belt

Disagree. Margin of victory is a significant component in the GOAT discussion. It’s referenced every time someone makes a case for Khabib.

Sal D’Amato scored the Hendricks fight for GSP and the DJ fight for Cejudo. We’re gonna let Sal D’Amato have the last word in our GOAT discussion?

Johnson vs Cejudo, St. Pierre vs Hendricks and Jones vs Reyes were all close fights, but under the new scoring system you can make a very solid argument that Johnson was the champion who won most clearly.

The only argument against including DJ in the top tier with Jones, Silva, St Pierre and possibly Fedor and Khabib is that flyweight was a relatively new and comparatively thin division. There’s no debate if we’re just looking at the performances.

sadowolf likes this.
  14. KillerIsBack V2 Black Belt

Don't foget his oh so prestigious M1 global championship lol

PlayboyMixx likes this.
  15. Mr Fahrenheit Brown Belt

Are you just stating this as your opinion, or are you saying it DQ’s DJ from the GOAT debate? Personally I don’t think you should do that unless you also do it for GSP, who was not particularly eager to take the Anderson fight. Frankly, Anderson only gets a pass because Machida was his teammate. It’s unfortunate, because it would have been great to see him face Liddell, Rampage, Griffin, Evans, Shogun or Jones when each was champion. For that matter we still haven’t seen Jones fight at heavyweight.

Really it’s just BJ Penn, Conor McGregor and Henry Cejudo who have actually moved up while they were champ and in their prime (arguably Henry and Conor were strongly influenced by the weight cut), and I guess that begs the question of whether it’s a coincidence that none of the three are in the GOAT discussion and what that tells us....

Kuggk likes this.
  16. Phisher Gold Belt

DJ tried to get paid.

Carsormyr, Chok Sok Te and Kuggk like this.
  17. TheMessiah Brown Belt

I don't think DJ is anywhere near the Goat debate. I actually think Cejudo is higher in that regard to him.

18. Kuggk Brown Belt

nope

19. Zolid Orange Belt

LOL yea right.

Bubba Kid likes this.
  20. Phisher Gold Belt

DJ should have two wins over him.