Cejudo: Mighy Mouse is the GOAT

KOPPE

אהיה אשר אהיה
@red
Reaction score
hi-res-1d41a1f94553ae5aab70b804f7e4ca02_crop_north.jpg

"“I’m not even part of the GOAT mountain to be quite honest with you"

"my take, it’s Demetrious Johnson, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva and (Georges St-Pierre) … and I would put GSP No. 4.”"

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...-demetrious-johnson-in-his-mma-mount-rushmore

Nice and humble statement...even if it would turn out he's just fishing for a rematch.
Cejudo has really only won 6 straight fights (after his split loss to Benavides and TKO loss to DJ in 2016)
Mighty Mouse had 13 straight wins before he lost the rematch.

Hard to judge the quality of MM's wins and I get that people are sour about him not wanting to fight Dillashaw.
But it's hard to argue against him being a standout champ just based off his superiority and amount of wins.

His split decision loss (47-48, 47-48, 48-47) to Cejudo isn't a huge problem for his legacy, seeing as all the other UFC greats have lost...or should have, but got lucky with the judges.
Silva lost at age 28 and from age 38, GSP lost to Serra and should've lost to Hendricks, Jones should've lost to Reyes and had close calls with Gus and Santos.

Would love MM vs Cejudo III. I'm sure they're both keeping that door open.

Last edited:
Hard to judge the quality of MM's wins and I get that people are sour about him not wanting to fight Dillashaw.
But it's hard to argue against him being a standout champ just based off his superiority and amount of wins.

His split decision loss (47-48, 47-48, 48-47) to Cejudo isn't a huge problem for his legacy, seeing as all the other UFC greats have lost...or should have, but got lucky with the judges.
Silva lost at age 28 and from age 38, GSP lost to Serra and should've lost to Hendricks, Jones should've lost to Reyes and had close calls with Gus and Santos.

Would love MM vs Cejudo rematch. I'm sure they're both keeping that door open.

The idea of your opinions on who should have lost somehow invalidates them from goat talk or whatever is nonsensical, they did not lose.

ridiculous

The idea of your opinions on who should have lost is ridiculous, somehow invalidates the goat talk is nonsensical, they did not lose.

ridiculous

Are you stupid? A decision is literally an opinion.
Sorry he said your boy, whoever that is, should have lost, sports are a bitch.

I don't know if Johson is the GOAT based on resume, but his skillset is second to none, so I think he has at least an argument based on that.

Last edited:
your opinions on who should have lost somehow invalidates them from goat talk
I'm not saying anything about them being invalidated from a goat talk. The opposite. That any type of bad performance or loss does NOT exclude you from a goat talk.
nonsensical, they did not lose
Well, it's a matter of oponion.
Personally when I'm debating how good someone is I weight their performances and not just "a win is a win".

Maybe it's just the way I'm phrasing "should have lost" that bothers you

If I rephrase it and instead argue that "a controversial win is way less valuable than a clear cut win" - wouldn't you agree?

If your total number of fights are in the teens. You can’t be up for greatest of all time.

all of the mentioned guys, jones is the clear number 1. None of those guys fought and dominated such great fighters for so long.

mm. And gsp. I was never fans of but they are definitely in the discussion.
Gsp. Fedor and Bones are the greatest fighters I’ve ever seen.

There's no way that DJ or any of the guys mentioned by Cejudo are the GOAT. Khabib won 3 straight title defenses and there's no way that those guys can compete with that... :D

The idea of your opinions on who should have lost somehow invalidates them from goat talk or whatever is nonsensical, they did not lose.

ridiculous

Disagree. Margin of victory is a significant component in the GOAT discussion. It’s referenced every time someone makes a case for Khabib.

Sal D’Amato scored the Hendricks fight for GSP and the DJ fight for Cejudo. We’re gonna let Sal D’Amato have the last word in our GOAT discussion?

Johnson vs Cejudo, St. Pierre vs Hendricks and Jones vs Reyes were all close fights, but under the new scoring system you can make a very solid argument that Johnson was the champion who won most clearly.

The only argument against including DJ in the top tier with Jones, Silva, St Pierre and possibly Fedor and Khabib is that flyweight was a relatively new and comparatively thin division. There’s no debate if we’re just looking at the performances.

DJ ducked TJ

Are you just stating this as your opinion, or are you saying it DQ’s DJ from the GOAT debate? Personally I don’t think you should do that unless you also do it for GSP, who was not particularly eager to take the Anderson fight. Frankly, Anderson only gets a pass because Machida was his teammate. It’s unfortunate, because it would have been great to see him face Liddell, Rampage, Griffin, Evans, Shogun or Jones when each was champion. For that matter we still haven’t seen Jones fight at heavyweight.

Really it’s just BJ Penn, Conor McGregor and Henry Cejudo who have actually moved up while they were champ and in their prime (arguably Henry and Conor were strongly influenced by the weight cut), and I guess that begs the question of whether it’s a coincidence that none of the three are in the GOAT discussion and what that tells us....

Are you just stating this as your opinion, or are you saying it DQ’s DJ from the GOAT debate? Personally I don’t think you should do that unless you also do it for GSP, who was not particularly eager to take the Anderson fight. Frankly, Anderson only gets a pass because Machida was his teammate. It’s unfortunate, because it would have been great to see him face Liddell, Rampage, Griffin, Evans, Shogun or Jones when each was champion. For that matter we still haven’t seen Jones fight at heavyweight.

Really it’s just BJ Penn, Conor McGregor and Henry Cejudo who have actually moved up while they were champ and in their prime (arguably Henry and Conor were strongly influenced by the weight cut), and I guess that begs the question of whether it’s a coincidence that none of the three are in the GOAT discussion and what that tells us....
I don't think DJ is anywhere near the Goat debate. I actually think Cejudo is higher in that regard to him.

Back