Opinion CBC releases list of "Words you should stop using because it may offend someone"

Wow, now that’s a savage and spooky article. It completely sells it’s first world problems by the river. I have to admit, reading this lame and tone deaf article is so ghetto, it completely crippled and grandfathered me in. It’s almost like being blackmailed and blindsided by a brainstorm tribe.

Oh well, I’m not too fussed about it, because I can always powwow with my spirit animal :) see you guys later!

is your spirit animal savage or spooky?

I don´t see the N-word there, so we can start using that one?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/otta...nly-used-offensive-english-language-1.6252274

word-collage.jpg

And they proceed to give reasons why.

I wish this was some nutty woke incel's blog instead of one of the biggest Media sources in Canada that is funded by Trudeau and the Liberal Government. <Huh2>

Yes when it inconveniences you it's about "context"

Here's some context for you. Most people, aside from some micro subset of progressive geeks who always got picked last for dodge ball in gym class, don't know the origin of these words.

It cannot be understood as decency for someone to knowingly refuse to use certain words that probably wouldn't hurt them in the first place. Infact, I would say that the asshole is you. The person who goes out of their way to reintroduce the historical context necessary for it to be harmful in the first place. We have a bunch of words that literally no one even cares about but because YOU decided to inform everyone about their history, all of a sudden we have to now remove certain words from our lexicon when they could have just blended in with the times and taken on a meaning in of themselves.

The left has a problem with the framework of reality. They don't like letting things "be" or to leave things up to nature. They are insistent of micromanaging every aspect of life and society. We are talking about seriously neurotic individuals here. BUT just like you are displaying here now, these rules are for opponents.

Either change your name and put your money where your moral mouth is or stop lecturing every one on decency and shut the fuck up.

Fuckin' bodied.

haha
What group is offended by the word lame? What group is it that progressives are telling me are lame?

Lame means crippled. Crippled means disabled.

So wheelchair bound people might feel bad about you saying your job is lame. So it’s lame like them?

Although in my experience most disabled people have a pretty positive attitude towards their disability, and aren’t like that.

I know, right. A an amorphous blob of colour with no other recognisable features, apparently. It's really weird, because you speak to any Middle Eastern person and they'd be quite offended to be 'categorised' alongside Africans with much darker skin tones, much different cultures and attitudes. Yet apparently, 'they're all the same' according to this categorisation. Weird.
this only works in the minds of cretinoid cultist wokes whose idea of the history of the world is like this:
-big bang
-POC invent everything
-white people steal and colonize everything
-hitler
- harry potter
-george floyd

Thank you. Please also note that the word “hard” is insensitive to those suffering from erectile dysfunction.
Not sure if I've mentioned previously or not, but I'm deaf. Would appreciate you having some better self-awareness moving forward and refrain from using the word 'note'.

Yours truly,

Nobody

Here's some context for you. Most people, aside from some micro subset of progressive geeks who always got picked last for dodge ball in gym class, don't know the origin of these words.

It cannot be understood as decency for someone to knowingly refuse to use certain words that probably wouldn't hurt them in the first place. Infact, I would say that the asshole is you. The person who goes out of their way to reintroduce the historical context necessary for it to be harmful in the first place. We have a bunch of words that literally no one even cares about but because YOU decided to inform everyone about their history, all of a sudden we have to now remove certain words from our lexicon when they could have just blended in with the times and taken on a meaning in of themselves.

The left has a problem with the framework of reality. They don't like letting things "be" or to leave things up to nature. They are insistent of micromanaging every aspect of life and society. We are talking about seriously neurotic individuals here. BUT just like you are displaying here now, these rules are for opponents.

Either change your name and put your money where your moral mouth is or stop lecturing every one on decency and shut the fuck up.
10-7 round

<bball2>Savage rebuttal.

Sometimes the unintentional hilarity of the left is absolutely golden. On one hand, language is malleable enough that the rules can change, such as allowing ebonics to be used in academic settings because it reflects the nature of a demographic. On the other hand, words or phrases used in a colloquial manner, centuries past their original meaning should not be used because they may hurt someone's fee fees. So I guess the changing meaning of a word in etymology is no longer a thing.

I shouldn't even say the left, most people outside the limousine liberal or purple haired soy coalition would also laugh at that shit.

[<dunn][<dunn][<dunn][<dunn][<dunn][<dunn][<dunn][<dunn]

Back