Opinion CBC releases list of "Words you should stop using because it may offend someone"

Halifax

Part Timer Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/otta...nly-used-offensive-english-language-1.6252274

word-collage.jpg

And they proceed to give reasons why.

I wish this was some nutty woke incel's blog instead of one of the biggest Media sources in Canada that is funded by Trudeau and the Liberal Government. <Huh2>

It’s good to know the origin of some of these terms and how they can offend people. I remember people were upset with tiger woods a while back because he kept using the term “spaz”. After he was told of the words origin, he had a better understanding of how it could offend and did offend people. By writing these off as “woke”, it would seem immature. I am well aware of most of these and why they are offensive and will review why the ones I don’t know about are. Thanks for posting TS.

Out of those I only use brainstorm and tone-deaf, that's a pretty good score.
I think others have a bit more work to do.

haha
What group is offended by the word lame? What group is it that progressives are telling me are lame?
People with physical disabilities were in the past referred to as lame from what I know. Now something that is uncool or along those lines are lame. Seems like a reasonable reason to be offended.

Will we have to make up new phrases then?

Because I can't think of a better one for getting fucked over than so and so "sold me up/down the river." It's intentionally offensive and resentful.

*Edit Google just told me those are two different sayings. I grew up with "sold me up the river" for extreme betrayal.

It’s good to know the origin of some of these terms and how they can offend people. I remember people were upset with tiger woods a while back because he kept using the term “spaz”. After he was told of the words origin, he had a better understanding of how it could offend and did offend people. By writing these off as “woke”, it would seem immature. I am well aware of most of these and why they are offensive and will review why the ones I don’t know about are. Thanks for posting TS.

Thanks for letting us know you're a spaz...

Why would I care if someone takes offense?
That's entirely subjective.

These people are moral busybodies filled with anxiety trying to control everyone else.
I'm under no obligation to tip toe around their mental issues.

Back