Cause of Ronda's mental issues revealed

I've trained Judo with some women who fought against her (De Mars) when she was competing on the international stage, and what I was told while she was a great competitor she was also a total thug, and didn't really give people time to tap on arm bars. I don't get the impression she was particularly liked in the Judo community due to her attitude, though of course she was the first American world champion and nothing can take that away from her.

Funny that. Chael's career took off after he saw one and addressed the issues he had.

GSP has been seeing one for quite some time as well. I know it's become fairly common place, and they do have merit. I was just commenting on the description the poster I was quoting gave. Sounds more like a coach than a mental health professional.

mothers are yes to giving hugging and kissies. the dad is to disapllin yes! but if no dad here then mother to giving both kissies and scoldings and hiting and lock in room to dawter for correcting. thjis is how its done.

yeah, what this guy said.

One tough lady. The type that only sees success through being single-mindedly tough and sharp. Seems like shes always a bit grim and with a slight neg. perspective. Not really nice for growing up. I mean, yeah life is tough and f*cked up but this is not the only way to go. Such a mentality only breeds more f*cked up mentality. Not very good for society. I mean ffs Ronda even took that cute little unibrow joke on TUF seriously, while any normal person wouldve laughed it off.
But I am somehow impressed by Ronda to still be this close to her mom, Im not sure if I would not resent a parent a bit. Rhonda said her mom owns a multimillion company but she basically had to live in car at some point (Ronda). I mean...thats a bit too much

mothers are yes to giving hugging and kissies. the dad is to disapllin yes! but if no dad here then mother to giving both kissies and scoldings and hiting and lock in room to dawter for correcting. thjis is how its done.

WTF did you even say?

One tough lady. The type that only sees success through being single-mindedly tough and sharp. Seems like shes always a bit grim and with a slight neg. perspective. Not really nice for growing up. I mean, yeah life is tough and f*cked up but this is not the only way to go. Such a mentality only breeds more f*cked up mentality. Not very good for society. I mean ffs Ronda even took that cute little unibrow joke on TUF seriously, while any normal person wouldve laughed it off.
But I am somehow impressed by Ronda to still be this close to her mom, Im not sure if I would not resent a parent a bit. Rhonda said her mom owns a multimillion company but she basically had to live in car at some point (Ronda). I mean...thats a bit too much

You mean someone with money actually letting their kids earn and live on their own is a bit too much?

But I am somehow impressed by Ronda to still be this close to her mom, Im not sure if I would not resent a parent a bit.

They did have a falling out in Ronda's teens where Ronda moved out of their home for couple of years and bounced around between training centers in North East U.S. and Canada

Rhonda said her mom owns a multimillion company but she basically had to live in car at some point (Ronda). I mean...thats a bit too much

That was Ronda attempting to find her own way in the world. Her mother's condition on further financially supporting her was that Ronda enroll in college.
In the end Rousey did find her way. She took up MMA and the rest is history

I think this week we basically got to see why Ronda has all this mental baggage.

It's basically how her mother treated her as a child. It seems like her mom didn't hug her enough. It seems like she was extremely tough on Ronda, and basically Ronda admitted that she grew up feeling that her mother didn't have a heart, aka her mother didn't express any love.

She says she understand now why her mother put her through all that hardship and even made her fight injured and all that... but clearly Ronda worships her mom and keeps working for her approval. Even being UFC champ doesn't erase the insecurities inside Ronda because her mother basically tol her she's not going to be good enough for her mother, no matter what.

Well we all have some baggage. Its up to the strong truth seekers to try and fix what we were not taught or were taught wrong. Rhonda is an unlikable person to me. I feel bad for some things she went through but if she is one of the strong truth seekers she will get better.

This is like some creepy nursery rhyme....what the fuck?

I think this week we basically got to see why Ronda has all this mental baggage.

It's basically how her mother treated her as a child. It seems like her mom didn't hug her enough. It seems like she was extremely tough on Ronda, and basically Ronda admitted that she grew up feeling that her mother didn't have a heart, aka her mother didn't express any love.

She says she understand now why her mother put her through all that hardship and even made her fight injured and all that... but clearly Ronda worships her mom and keeps working for her approval. Even being UFC champ doesn't erase the insecurities inside Ronda because her mother basically tol her she's not going to be good enough for her mother, no matter what.

i would imagine something changed chemically inside both of them when Rondas dad commited suicide when she was younger as well.

Last edited:
i would imagine something changed chemically inside both of them when Rondas dad commited suicide when she was younger as well.

Wow, I won't touch down on this but....This says a lot. Explains pretty much everything I already felt about Ronda and her Mom.

Wow, I won't touch down on this but....This says a lot. Explains pretty much everything I already felt about Ronda and her Mom.

yeah. 17 minute mark in the video i posted. i cant believe nobody mentioned this in 30 responses and someone tries to analyze people in the opening post without knowing shit. having had immediate family commit suicide i can say its something that overtakes you everytime you think of it if you let it.

yeah. 17 minute mark in the video i posted. i cant believe nobody mentioned this in 30 responses and someone tries to analyze people in the opening post without knowing shit. having had immediate family commit suicide i can say its something that overtakes you everytime you think of it if you let it.

People have commented about her Dad & the suicide in dozens of threads, I don't think it has to (or should) be brought up over & over
It is/was a horrible thing
Sorry you had to deal with it as well man

I could not agree more!

I can see how you got that impression. It's definitely possible. But it's also possible that Ronda's mom gave her plenty of hugs, while also putting Ronda through hell. It's possible to do both, it's possible to be a loving parent and still push your kid hard. Pushing your kid doesn't mean that you have to be cold.

At the end of the day, Ronda achieved so much and still has a great relationship with her mom. It's hard to criticize her mother, when you look at the result. Does Ronda have insecurities? Sure, who doesn't? I don't think she doubts that her mother loves her, even though she's constantly trying to impress her mother.

Without children, I also think Ronda needs her mother as motivation. It's easier to say that you're fighting for someone else, than to say that you're fighting for yourself. It feels less selfish, I think. And I'm sure it feels good to say that you're trying to achieve greatness as a way to thank your parents.
Todd Marinovich, look im up

People have commented about her Dad & the suicide in dozens of threads, I don't think it has to (or should) be brought up over & over
It is/was a horrible thing
Sorry you had to deal with it as well man

if someone is going to make a thread on the reasoning for someones "mental issues" and tries to diagnose said mental issues, i would say that something as life changing as a parents suicide is a pretty dynamic variable in the reason someone is made up the way they are. she was by many accounts a very happy child leading up to this point in time and her whole demeanor changed in the time directly after. i think its a pretty important factor in her makeup.

and thanks for the sentiment. seriously.

Back