Cause of Ronda's mental issues revealed

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion' started by Cooliox, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Cooliox

Cooliox Gold Belt Platinum Member

I think this week we basically got to see why Ronda has all this mental baggage.

It's basically how her mother treated her as a child. It seems like her mom didn't hug her enough. It seems like she was extremely tough on Ronda, and basically Ronda admitted that she grew up feeling that her mother didn't have a heart, aka her mother didn't express any love.

She says she understand now why her mother put her through all that hardship and even made her fight injured and all that... but clearly Ronda worships her mom and keeps working for her approval. Even being UFC champ doesn't erase the insecurities inside Ronda because her mother basically tol her she's not going to be good enough for her mother, no matter what.

2. Aussie 084

Aussie 084 Orange Belt

Meh, i still wanna see Tate smash her face in even though the chances are slim to none

3. Slapchoppin

Slapchoppin Brown Belt

for a sports psychologist she does a really bad job of keeping people from having psychological problems caused by sports

4. MakroN

MakroN Orange Belt

Oh so you've seen her on a reality show and diagnosed her mental illness plus the cause. You must be a master psychologist!

5. irish_thug

irish_thug Meme Mod Staff Member Senior Moderator

That psycho is a sports psychologist?

6. man meets tate

man meets tate Yellow Belt

ronda was raised by wolves

7. 99Silva

99Silva Banned Banned

that would explain all the crying and thinking people are laughing at others pain...now I see..

8. Slapchoppin

Slapchoppin Brown Belt

right? why do people think that because they're messed up they should be the ones to help other messed up people?

9. Cooliox

Cooliox Gold Belt Platinum Member

You have to be taller that 6"5 to not be intimidated by Ronda's mom.

10. vb

vb Brown Belt

last 2 episodes have sucked and as for this being the biggest rivalry ever is complete BS

11. kalleanka

kalleanka Blue Belt

In this case you don

12. elzar

elzar Red Belt

how do sports cause psychological problems mate?

13. Vampire2

Vampire2 Blue Belt

All i wanna see is Ronda rip tates top off in the cage.... don't care about the fight result so much!

14. CELS

CELS Brown Belt

I can see how you got that impression. It's definitely possible. But it's also possible that Ronda's mom gave her plenty of hugs, while also putting Ronda through hell. It's possible to do both, it's possible to be a loving parent and still push your kid hard. Pushing your kid doesn't mean that you have to be cold.

At the end of the day, Ronda achieved so much and still has a great relationship with her mom. It's hard to criticize her mother, when you look at the result. Does Ronda have insecurities? Sure, who doesn't? I don't think she doubts that her mother loves her, even though she's constantly trying to impress her mother.

Without children, I also think Ronda needs her mother as motivation. It's easier to say that you're fighting for someone else, than to say that you're fighting for yourself. It feels less selfish, I think. And I'm sure it feels good to say that you're trying to achieve greatness as a way to thank your parents.

15. kid buford

kid buford Yellow Belt

The mom is definitely nuts, but I loved when that little troll, jumped into an arm bar without any hesitation at the age of 70.

16. MrHoost**

MrHoost** Blue Belt

The mother is a complete nutter no wonder she turned out like she did.

17. apostle**

apostle** Purple Belt

Sherdoggers have Jedi mind powers.

18. Itro Ling Yiu

Itro Ling Yiu White Belt

mothers are yes to giving hugging and kissies. the dad is to disapllin yes! but if no dad here then mother to giving both kissies and scoldings and hiting and lock in room to dawter for correcting. thjis is how its done.

19. BPA00

BPA00 Black Belt

A sports psychologist is different than a "regular" psychologist. A sports psychologist is only there to help you develop the mental edge that you need to perform at your best in competition w/out "choking". The mental attitude you need to be a truly elite professional athlete would often make you a psycho in real life... albeit some athletes are able to turn it on/off... while others are a bit crazy outside of competition.

20. irish_thug

irish_thug Meme Mod Staff Member Senior Moderator

Sounds like snake oil to me.