Cause of Ronda's mental issues revealed

Ronda annoys me too. Dana convinced her that she is much bigger than she is and she seeems to think MMA fans all want to hear her unfiltered views on every subject. In reality she hasn't built up sufficient creds to warrant speaking her mind (on the state of mma or particular fighters) and having people listen or care what she has to say.

She's still a punk kid who fights in the shallowest division in all of mma. A bit of humility would do her good. But then again, she's got all of these people blowing smoke up her butt and she's too green to know how to handle that.

She hates cyborg but she coudl learn a few tings from her. First of all, cyborg has been demolishing her competition (in mma) for much longer, so in my books she has more credibility. Yet she hasn't had everything handed to her on a silver platter and she is much more humble.

cliffs: Dana ruined Ronda Rousey by convincing her that she was the greatest thing ever to happen to mma.

if someone is going to make a thread on the reasoning for someones "mental issues" and tries to diagnose said mental issues, i would say that something as life changing as a parents suicide is a pretty dynamic variable in the reason someone is made up the way they are. she was by many accounts a very happy child leading up to this point in time and her whole demeanor changed in the time directly after. i think its a pretty important factor in her makeup.

and thanks for the sentiment. seriously.

Yep,very sad. Whoever does not have to go through that will never know the feeling. If you have a heart it would definitely consume you until it takes you down or makes you stronger.

if someone is going to make a thread on the reasoning for someones "mental issues" and tries to diagnose said mental issues, i would say that something as life changing as a parents suicide is a pretty dynamic variable in the reason someone is made up the way they are. she was by many accounts a very happy child leading up to this point in time and her whole demeanor changed in the time directly after. i think its a pretty important factor in her makeup.

and thanks for the sentiment. seriously.

its a guy on Sherdog just babbling & posting
nobody is reading more into it than that
I don't bring it it bc I don't think it should be what "identifies" her & I respected her point about feeling like she is prostituting what happened by publicizing it
I hear what you are saying completely though & respect it
I think a lot of her 'traits" are not due to what occurred, by that is just my instinct/opinion
I also don't think she is a bad person by any stretch, just easily riled up and bratty

GSP has been seeing one for quite some time as well. I know it's become fairly common place, and they do have merit. I was just commenting on the description the poster I was quoting gave. Sounds more like a coach than a mental health professional.

actually it's incredibly common for athletes to do. A lot of times NFL players or college football players who have gotten injured to see them. Also a lot of fighters such as chael, condit, and cerrone have seen them after something devasting such as a loss has happened.
They just figure out why the person has lost the competitive edge in their sport on a mental level. It deals with psychology and kinesiology primarily and some other fields. Kind of weird stuff but is shows results. Imagine somebody decided to study why people such as bruce lee, bo jackson, and michael phelps did things they did but on mind body level. Very interesting stuff.

Yep,very sad. Whoever does not have to go through that will never know the feeling. If you have a heart it would definitely consume you until it takes you down or makes you stronger.

i, at one point in time, had a very damning and one sided opinion on suicide. i was very adamant that the only reason an individual could do such a thing was because of selfishness and being motivated by their own personal needs. having gone through that loss, i know realize that there are to many variables to think its so black and white or cut and dry. is the act itself selfish? absolutely. but i think there are alot of times where people do what they do out of a desire to save others from heartache as well. im sorry for anyone who ever has to experience this type of loss. the sense of helplessness and "what ifs" after the fact are endless.

People have commented about her Dad & the suicide in dozens of threads, I don't think it has to (or should) be brought up over & over
It is/was a horrible thing
Sorry you had to deal with it as well man

It is a terrible thing but if someone (TS) is going to play internet mental health diagnosis it's an incredibly crucial formative event to miss.

Paternal abandonment is often seen as a primary factor in a variety of mental health issues.

And, as an earlier poster so eloquently put it, good single moms have to be tough as well as caring and cover both roles.

Oh and as for psychologists being psycho, more than 90% of mental health practitioners are either the family members of mental health patients or have personally struggled with mental health issues themselves.

DeMars was the first American world champ in Judo, and well behaved women seldom make history. Kudos to her and F all the haters.

how do sports cause psychological problems mate?

I think it's the background pressure from family, coaches, or whatever combined with previous experiences.

i, at one point in time, had a very damning and one sided opinion on suicide. i was very adamant that the only reason an individual could do such a thing was because of selfishness and being motivated by their own personal needs. having gone through that loss, i know realize that there are to many variables to think its so black and white or cut and dry. is the act itself selfish? absolutely. but i think there are alot of times where people do what they do out of a desire to save others from heartache as well. im sorry for anyone who ever has to experience this type of loss. the sense of helplessness and "what ifs" after the fact are endless.

Sometimes it is not a selfish act at all

its a guy on Sherdog just babbling & posting
nobody is reading more into it than that
I don't bring it it bc I don't think it should be what "identifies" her & I respected her point about feeling like she is prostituting what happened by publicizing it
I hear what you are saying completely though & respect it
I think a lot of her 'traits" are not due to what occurred, by that is just my instinct/opinion
I also don't think she is a bad person by any stretch, just easily riled up and bratty

definately. i respect what youre saying.

meisha is defintely portrayed as the sweetheart on the show. she more personable in the training atmosphere and i think Ronda is more intense because of her training style. she also has a very deep desire for her team to win and succeed. so it makes her come off very brash and intense. i like both of them.

Sometimes it is not a selfish act at all

it may not be selfish to the person doing it but i think its a hard sell to any family members who lived through it that it wasnt selfish in the regard that it took that person from them prematurely. again, not trying to completely turns this into that. youre a good poster and i respect your opinion.

definately. i respect what youre saying.

meisha is defintely portrayed as the sweetheart on the show. she more personable in the training atmosphere and i think Ronda is more intense because of her training style. she also has a very deep desire for her team to win and succeed. so it makes her come off very brash and intense. i like both of them.

Thanks man
That is why it was ridiculous to see the White Knights coming to defend her in every thread
She came across bratty & people discussed it, most did not hate on her but they hated how bratty & bullyish she came across
She deserved the hits and I am sure Meisha's "smirking" will begin to grow tiresome too soon
Its a fun TV show, people get so defensive on here

I dont think Ronda has 'mental issues'... in fact, I think that's borderline fighter bashing.

Ronda definitely has some loud personality traits, many of which I'm not a fan of, but I don't think she's any more mental than most people. Clearly this kind of pressure brings something out of her that's not normal for her day to day life. In the Road to the Octagon series for her title defense against Liz, she seemed really fun and lovable most of the time (though still intense). I think there is something about coaching that just brings it out of her; she definitely has an empathy for her fighters like no one I've seen.

But yeah, I'm sure there is some mommy baggage. The woman lost her dad when she was young and was raised by a single parent. What the hell do you expect?
I'm kind of hoping for the upset, but I think Ronda might deserve a bit more respect that whats been offered here. "Mental issues" is a loaded term.

it may not be selfish to the person doing it but i think its a hard sell to any family members who lived through it that it wasnt selfish in the regard that it took that person from them prematurely. again, not trying to completely turns this into that. youre a good poster and i respect your opinion.

I understand every side to the discussion man
I dealt with it as well
If someone thinks they will no longer be an albatross to those that love them by going away & honestly feel that, I don't see that as selfish
Of course in a perfect world, the person can fix whatever, but no situation, life or person is close to perfect

Again I feel for you & yours

Hey also said all along "She acts like a Diaz brother"

True. The Diaz bros manage to pull it off because they are genuinely borderline insane so fans take what they say with a grain of salt. They also have a long history of bringing the fight. And even then, I'd wager that the Diaz' have more anti-fans (people who want to see them get beaten up) than they have fans. The difference is that they don't care. They feed off the hate.

most truly dominant athletes and performers aren't the most balanced people, being the best or one of the best doesn't lend itself to the qualities most of us like to see in people in regular life...

ronda reminds me of micheal jackson in that, she was really pushed and it paid off in huge success fame and trendsetting, but it may have had a huge impact on her development as a person and her ability to interact w/peers.

but most great athletes business people artist singers actors etc aren't really fitting in regards to the way we like to view people, the qualities it takes to make it and to maintain it in any field doesn't lend itself to being the best kindest or most balanced person in society.

True. The Diaz bros manage to pull it off because they are genuinely borderline insane so fans take what they say with a grain of salt. They also have a long history of bringing the fight. And even then, I'd wager that the Diaz' have more anti-fans (people who want to see them get beaten up) than they have fans. The difference is that they don't care. They feed off the hate.

Exactly
Ronda came from being the Golden Girl & running with that image to being looked at as a Diaz & the transition has not been smooth ;)

the qualities it takes to make it and to maintain it in any field doesn't lend itself to being the best kindest or most balanced person in society.

But then again, its easy to counter that. Unless you are balanced and have your mind straight you wont be able to stay and keep it up. Usually yeah sure, those the most brilliant and outstanding have certain traits or are extreme personality wise in some aspect (Ronda, Cyborg, Michael Jackson, Diaz). But IMO these kind of people burn fast(er) and quick. Those like GSP, J. Timberlake, etc.. who find balance can keep it up and maintain a normal persona without the need to be extreme in anyway (anymore if they were).

Last edited:
But then again, its easy to counter that. Unless you are balanced and have your mind straight you wont be able to stay and keep it up. Usually yeah sure, those the most brilliant and outstanding have certain traits or are extreme personality wise in some aspect (Ronda, Cyborg, Michael Jackson, Diaz). But IMO these kind of people burn fast and quick. Those like GSP, J. Timberlake, etc.. who find balance can keep it up and maintain a normal persona without the need to be extreme in anyway (anymore if they were).

Michael Jordan had some serious issues. He used them to be even more dominant. Mike Tyson is another example. You are right though, Tyson eventually came apart at the seems and took many years to rebuild and find some sort of peace. Michael Jordan is still a cranky bitter man.

Back