Media Carlos Correa: If Khabib fought LWs past their prime, he'd have just as many title defenses as Jones

Jon Jones actually fought most of the big name LHW's when they were relevant. He beat two generations of LHW's before starting to fall off.

The Khabib thing is silly...the guy has basically 2 title defenses, 3 if you want to count Connor as a defense (it's really more like he 'won' the title, because he never really beat a champ to become champ in the first place). 29-0 and he beat good competition, but at the end of the day I don't get how someone can be the GOAT with only 2 or 3 defenses, and maybe 5 really good wins. Jon Jones is more accomplished even if you take out the wins he got while roiding, and there are a few other fighters who match Khabib's best wins. Barboza is a top 5 win for Khabib, Jon Jones beat many guys who were better than Barboza and he never really fought anyone who was way past their prime that I can recall.

Jon Jones has gotten gifts before - but he also has been fighting big names way longer. If Khabib sticks around for 8 more years does he look as unbeatable? Probably not.

MMA and fighting shouldn't be about not losing, it should be about who you beat. This is kind of similar hype Fedor gets when he went undefeated. (not hating on Fedor, just saying going undefeated makes people go gooogooo, it's great but Muhamad Ali, Sugar Ray Robinson, Roberto Duran were not exactly undefeated and they were pretty good...). And it's not like I think Khabib is ducking anyone (he would fight anyone at LW that is for sure), he just literally hasn't fought enough guys yet to get that benefit of the doubt.

I just dont get how Khabib can be the goat if he retires at his age. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Everyone thinks BJ Penn is a can because he hasn't won a fight since Nam', but somehow overlook at in his prime he has as many title defenses as Khabib - as well as a serious campaign fighting men much larger than him at WW (where he even got a title). I'm not saying that Penn > Khabib, but some posters here think Khabib is so much more accomplished than Penn that it is laughable to even compare them when Penn has had more title success, and Penn is certainly not in convo for P4P goat.

Last edited:
Correa is a stud and future hall of famer. Go Astros!

It's from the same show. At least this guy is somewhat of an educated fan unlike the guy he was debating. But he's underselling Jones hard. I'm not a fan of jones, but This dude was beating guys while being in his early 20s, the youngest champion iirc.
Yeah and he tried to say Vitor and Machida were oast their primes when Jon fought them???? Lol Even Jons detracters don't say that they try and say rampage and shogun were past their prime but I don't think anyone argues Vitor was the scariest he had ever been during that time period and Machida was at the top of his game.

Yeah and he tried to say Vitor and Machida were oast their primes when Jon fought them???? Lol Even Jons detracters don't say that they try and say rampage and shogun were past their prime but I don't think anyone argues Vitor was the scariest he had ever been during that time period and Machida was at the top of his game.
Machida was getting there. What were the odds on that fight again?

But I disagree with him that Jon's wins were past their prime and don't count. He's just counter-arguing. lol khabib reach his peak in 30s, jon peaked earlier, and was doing this in his 20s. its possible if Khabib had the opportunity, he could have beaten those guys at 25,26 years old but the point is Jon did and people can't take that away from Jon. He was finishing elite talent in his 20s

however, I discount his last 3 title defenses.

Back