Media Carlos Correa: If Khabib fought LWs past their prime, he'd have just as many title defenses as Jones

This logic does not work, Jones fought the fighters who were ruling the LHW division at the time. These were men with a lot of championship experience and legendary talent still ruling the division.

Out of their prime is different from guys who were or are not in the top 5 in the weight class. No one but jones beat TRT Vitor, no one, who was smashing everyone he fought.

It is not about youth, it is about talent and skill. These were experienced killers who were still ruling the LHW division.

Bj penn, Hughes, etc.. at moment would not be top 5 in the weight class, so the point is nonsense. Jones did this while he was a young kid and beat Those ranked top 5 killers. They supposedly became out of their prime when jones beat them because before jones, no one was stopping them.

His record is superior to habibs, so is GSP, and Silva.

Last edited:
What credentials does he have? The only person's opinion who I care about is Ja Rule.

He's not wrong. Imagine Khabib defending his belt against BJ Penn, Frankie Edgar, Pettis etc right now.

Jones has a "remarkable" record because its full of washed up big names when they were out of their prime.

Oh and PEDs too.
Except it's not
Rampage was 3 years removed from dropping his title to Griffin when he fought Jones but stayed in contention and was 4-1 leading up to that fight.
Machida was 2 years removed and had only gone 1-1
Evans was 3.5 years removed and was 4-0 before facing Jones.
Vitor was a late replacement who had gone 3-1 only losing to A. Silva and continued to be a top contender at MW for another 3 years.
Sonnen was never a contender, he was supposed to be a replacement and then Dana decided to use Sonnen's popularity as a sales pitch. This is your only legitimate claim against Jones.

Pettis on the other hand never regained relevance in his division and hasn't had a winning streak since losing his title.
Edgar lost his rematch and never competed at 155 again. Still relevant earning 3 total title shots at 145lbs but never winning the title and even dropped to 135 for his most recent fight.
Penn went 1-1-8 after losing his title to Edgar competing in 3 separate divisions.

That's a piss poor comparison and it makes me wonder if Correa actually follows MMA or if he thought he came up with a witty line for Hellwani.

That’s true but also that shouldn’t discredit Jones.

Beating them all in a row (even though he was supposed to anyway) is still harder said than done.

khabib should of defended against bj penn,frankie edgar,anthony pettis, that would be 3 former champs

<BC1>

It's fairly clear, unless you are brain dead, that Jon Jones is a better fighter than Khabib, fought much better competition, though it could be argued some of them were past their prime, and accomplished much more.

But Khabib is pretty good too. But I do think he fought weak competition.
Old dudes are better competition? Shogun wasn't pride Shogun, Rampage is one dimensional, Rashad one dimensional, Chael sucks, Glover is good but old and slow compared to Jones, Gus loses to black folk.

Jon's best wins are TRTor, DC, and Machida. Khabib has the better top wins in Gaethje, Porier, and McGregor. DC is a quality win but Jon had to cheat for that one. Machida compares most Conor, as much as it pains me to say this, Conor is a better fighter than Machida. TRTor is a legit win and I give Jon a lot of credit for having finished that monster, he's the only one to ever do it.

Fact is LW fighters are better than LHW fighters skill wise. Guys with Khabibs top 3 wins skill sets at LHW would put a beating on Jon. The fact that Khabib made these guys look like children speaks volumes for his dominance. Defenitely the better P4P fighter right now. All Jon's done lately is have close fights and cheat.

khabib should of defended against bj penn,frankie edgar,anthony pettis, that would be 3 former champs

<BC1>
Jones didn’t pick who he would defend against. They were at the top at the time. And to say a fighter is past their prime - there’s no way to actually prove that, just so you know.

Old dudes are better competition? Shogun wasn't pride Shogun, Rampage is one dimensional, Rashad one dimensional, Chael sucks, Glover is good but old and slow compared to Jones, Gus loses to black folk.

Jon's best wins are TRTor, DC, and Machida. Khabib has the better top wins in Gaethje, Porier, and McGregor. DC is a quality win but Jon had to cheat for that one. Machida compares most Conor, as much as it pains me to say this, Conor is a better fighter than Machida. TRTor is a legit win and I give Jon a lot of credit for having finished that monster, he's the only one to ever do it.

Fact is LW fighters are better than LHW fighters skill wise. Guys with Khabibs top 3 wins skill sets at LHW would put a beating on Jon. The fact that Khabib made these guys look like children speaks volumes for his dominance. Defenitely the better P4P fighter right now. All Jon's done lately is have close fights and cheat.
He didn’t cheat in the first fight. Beating DC at the time he did is the equivalent of beating Khabib himself. DC is far more accomplished than Khabib.

Khabib has like 4 good wins...

Justin
Conor
RDA
Dustin

Compared to Jones.....

Shogun
Gus(prime)
Rampage(prime)
Rashad(prime)
Glover(prime, 20 fight streak)
Bader(prime, undefeated)
DC(prime)
DC(prime)
TrTor(prime)
Machida(prime)

Gaethje - One dimensional, supposedly a capable D-1 wrestler that never uses the skill he spent the most time developing.
McGregor - One dimensional, his ground game is non-existent
Dustin was his only legit win and I could tear him apart just as easily I did the others.

As much as I dislike Jones he has a much better resume. If we are looking at the names on the resume and not taking into account the PED accusations at least.

Sure some of the people Jones beat are past it now... but back then (Jones elite run started nearly 10 years ago) they were the top of the LHW division. They didn't lose to Jones then continue to go on a losing streak.

Comparing it to Khabib's resume where 2 of his title defenses were against former FW?

DC is far better quality win than anyone on Khabib's resume.

Jones dominated the LHW division for nearly 10 years... when Khabib does that he can lay claim to the GOAT status. Go compare their entire resume since joining the UFC. Jones was defending his title against Lyoto when Khabib was having his first fight vs. Shalorus.

And I guess Jones not being scared to go up a division to challenge himself doesn't hurt either.

Khabib dominated against tougher competition while Jones eeked out decisions people thought he lost, and got beaten by Matt Hamill

Only a braindead moron would think Jones is actually a better fighter

Gaethje - One dimensional, supposedly a capable D-1 wrestler that never uses the skill he spent the most time developing.
McGregor - One dimensional, his ground game is non-existent
Dustin was his only legit win and I could tear him apart just as easily I did the others.
You don't know striking

He didn’t cheat in the first fight. Beating DC at the time he did is the equivalent of beating Khabib himself. DC is far more accomplished than Khabib.
No it isn't. DC gets tired going for a few takedowns, Khabib goes for the takedown relentlessly and finishes you. You're blinded by accolades, skillset is something completely different and what actually matters in the cage.

It's fairly clear, unless you are brain dead, that Jon Jones is a better fighter than Khabib, fought much better competition, though it could be argued some of them were past their prime, and accomplished much more.

But Khabib is pretty good too. But I do think he fought weak competition.
roids roids roids,also roids

Khabib dominated against tougher competition while Jones eeked out decisions people thought he lost, and got beaten by Matt Hamill

Only a braindead moron would think Jones is actually a better fighter

Some of you are idiots, Jones did not get beaten by Hamill. He lost by disqualification after bloodying him up and an illegal elbow. This comment is ridiculous

In Another post some dummy’s argument for jones lack of competition is that all of Jones title defenses were against one dimensional fighters and that Gus loses to black people(Jimi Manuwa TKO/sec round).

Really dumb shit

Last edited:
What a fucking casual thing to say as Khabib hasn’t even had the time to do so. Idiot

GOAT isn't the one who fought the biggest names or the one with most medals. It's the one that is most skilled fighter ever. Skillwise on the octagon, khabib is better. Perfect grappling. Better than any fighter i ever seen, including Olympic champions and the most underrated striking ever. (Managed to successfully stand and bang with the most elite strikers on UFC and some of his punches made them bleed). Jon Jones maybe has better striking but his takedowns and grappling aren't at khabib level. So i would say that khabib is the GOAT

He's not wrong. Imagine Khabib defending his belt against BJ Penn, Frankie Edgar, Pettis etc right now.

Jones has a "remarkable" record because its full of washed up big names when they were out of their prime.

Oh and PEDs too.

Are those guys currently ranked at LW?

Machida had one loss..Shogun was 29 and the defending champ...Rampage was off a diminant win over Hamill and had won 4 of 5...Rashad had one loss and came in on a four fight win streak and had just dominated Phil Davis...

Kind of a reach to compare those guys to current pettis lol...much less Penn or Edgar

Bones really brings if outta people

You don't know striking

No it isn't. DC gets tired going for a few takedowns, Khabib goes for the takedown relentlessly and finishes you. You're blinded by accolades, skillset is something completely different and what actually matters in the cage.
Greatness is defined by accolades. Skill is something that is subjective to the viewer.

Back