Carlos Condit: Reebok deal took away our security

Reebok could have slowed down a lot of this criticism by just not making ugly shit, but they can't even do that.

Rousey's head is too big to fit in a Kangol. Maybe they make a custom one and she can walk out to LL Cool J.

Frankie Edgar would be perfect with a Kangol, he already runs out to The Notorious B.I.G.

Reebok could have slowed down a lot of this criticism by just not making ugly shit, but they can't even do that.

It took a whole year to add colors son......a whole fucking year.

That's is only one brand that can erase the stain of reebok and truly legitimize the sport.

Starter-Oakland-Raiders-Pullover-Jacket-_254441-front.jpg

Reebok deal is the worst decision the UFC has made
throughout the yeas imo

Sucks for the fighters, sure. But not for the three dudes who recently sold their company for billions of dollars.

That's is only one brand that can erase the stain of reebok and truly legitimize the sport.

Starter-Oakland-Raiders-Pullover-Jacket-_254441-front.jpg

Fuck the Raiders.

Still got my early 1990s Broncos Starter jacket somewhere lol.

you
Sucks for the fighters, sure. But not for the three dudes who recently sold their company for billions of dollars.
you can make the argument for the billionaires
but it's a much harder argument to make
for the sport

"Any of these fights could be our last. So yeah, it is a possibility. Anything is possible. I don't think it’s going to be my last fight, but shit who knows. I wish that a dude like Cyborg, or any of these fighters who are putting their bodies through this and putting their health and well being on the line, I just wish we had a little bit more security. This is his trade, he’s a fighter and this is how he makes money. Now he can’t make any money. Now what the hell is he going to do? That’s kind of how it is with all of us, so, that is the nature of the sport. Any of us can get hurt, get our faces broken. We accept that risk, but, we kind of don’t have anything to fall back on. And I was like, ‘damn, he may never fight again.’"

As far as a fighter association — like the one Mark hunt wants to spearhead — and possible collective bargaining, Condit said he was all for it and pointed to the fact that the much-criticized Reebok deal has hurt fighters pockets and security.

"Something needs to be done. A big part of the Reebok deal, man, our loss in sponsors took away our security. Now we are beholden to living fight to fight and we don’t have that buffer in between in regards to financial security that sponsors gave us. So, we are in a weird place, man."

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/8/1/12...h-reebok-took-away-our-financial-security-mma
I dont see why in the world they could not place patches of sponsors on their reebok gear. I understand reebok not wanting the fighters to promote other clothing companies but there were lots of sponsors that were not competition to reebok

UFC clearly needs to replace Reebok with a more relatable clothing sponsor...North Face comes to mind.

Back