Carlos Condit: Reebok deal took away our security

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
"Any of these fights could be our last. So yeah, it is a possibility. Anything is possible. I don't think it’s going to be my last fight, but shit who knows. I wish that a dude like Cyborg, or any of these fighters who are putting their bodies through this and putting their health and well being on the line, I just wish we had a little bit more security. This is his trade, he’s a fighter and this is how he makes money. Now he can’t make any money. Now what the hell is he going to do? That’s kind of how it is with all of us, so, that is the nature of the sport. Any of us can get hurt, get our faces broken. We accept that risk, but, we kind of don’t have anything to fall back on. And I was like, ‘damn, he may never fight again.’"

As far as a fighter association — like the one Mark hunt wants to spearhead — and possible collective bargaining, Condit said he was all for it and pointed to the fact that the much-criticized Reebok deal has hurt fighters pockets and security.

"Something needs to be done. A big part of the Reebok deal, man, our loss in sponsors took away our security. Now we are beholden to living fight to fight and we don’t have that buffer in between in regards to financial security that sponsors gave us. So, we are in a weird place, man."

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/8/1/12...h-reebok-took-away-our-financial-security-mma

Reebok deal is the worst decision the UFC has made
throughout the yeas imo

In b4 Cris Cyborg jokes.

Man, that skull fracture was nasty though...

evangelista-santos-skull-surgery-1.jpg

Sucks that these guys not only lose their individuality as fighters but income as well. Insult to injury is that the Reebok uniforms are ugly as hell...

The Reebok deal was stupid, should have gone with Fila.

How long are going to be seeing Reebok in the cage for anyway?

Reebok deal is the worst decision the UFC has made
throughout the yeas imo
Financially the UFC benefits immensely from the deal. Great business model. They make millions, and pay their employees pennies.

Nah, they hit it outta the park with the Reebok deal and fighters love it, Dana told me so, fighter are happy to not have to deal with the hassle of making money.

20/20 or 60 minutes would have a lot of sound bites if they did some sort of segment on unfair business practices.

So then get a real job like the rest of the world Carlos

Financially the UFC benefits immensely from the deal. Great business model. They make millions, and pay their employees pennies.
good way of raking in the coin

makes the business less interesting
for the fighters
and for the fans

Reebok makes great running gear, someone who runs as much as condit should appreciate that.

Yea I have no doubt Reebok is paying the UFC a shit ton of money.

I bet if the amount were public fighters would be real pissed, cause basically UFC just took their sponsorship money and put it into their own pocket.

Back