Carlos Barreto suggests Khabib Nurmagomedov could win 170-pound title

Would you like to see The Eagle Soar one more time?

1027928_1.jpg
Yes I would, specifically tho, against Conor again. To beat the tar out of him again.

daca4af3-63c3-4829-b951-9394b1e72139.jpg

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship fighter-turned-commentator Carlos Barreto believes Khabib Nurmagomedov could be a threat in multiple divisions if he came back.

On Jan. 30, manager Ali Abdelaziz posted on social media claiming that if Nurmagomedov (29-0) decided to come back to the UFC, he could rule the roost in three different weight classes. The renowned manager did mistake Israel Adesanya as the beltholder at 185 pounds instead of Dricus Du Plessis, but he pitched a 2024 schedule for Nurmagomedov to win in three divisions. First, Abdelaziz stated that Nurmagomedov would start at middleweight in April, move up to light heavyweight in July and then drop to 170 pounds in December to become the first simultaneous three-division champ in a major organization.

This fantasy matchmaking against Adesanya, Alex Pereira and Leon Edwards, the manager claimed his fighter would be a “statistically bad nightmare for all these guys.”

UFC Fight Pass Brazil commentator Barreto, on his podcast Papo de Luta, weighed in on the bold claim on Monday.

“I think Aziz exaggerated a bit on his idolatry for Khabib,” the UFC 15 competitor admitted. “Don't get me wrong, I respect Nurmagomedov a lot, no doubt the Russian is among the greatest [in the history] of the sport, but we must [remember] that he has vulnerabilities on his game that were not exposed by the top five guys he faced in his generation.”

The Carlson Gracie black belt weighed in on all three of the fighters that Abdelaziz noted, expressing some doubt as to how successful Nurmagomedov would be in these new weight classes. Early in his career, “The Eagle” fought at welterweight, with his biggest win at 170 pounds over future ACA champ Ali Bagov.

It'd be great to see how he did at those weights, but I think that he'd be mad to even bother. I really like and respect the path that he has chosen. Even tho that may seem contradictory to my other response lol

Why are you saying 170-205? The Title pretty clearly states 170. Edwards is not on Khabib's level wrestling wise and if Khabib bulked up a little bit, i could see him mauling Leon. And i bet Khabib would have a better chance of taking Alex down numerous times than Alex would have of hurting Khabib with leg kicks enough to make him quit.
The OP mention three belts, so maybe he took that the wrong way - got confused

Why are you saying 170-205? The Title pretty clearly states 170. Edwards is not on Khabib's level wrestling wise and if Khabib bulked up a little bit, i could see him mauling Leon. And i bet Khabib would have a better chance of taking Alex down numerous times than Alex would have of hurting Khabib with leg kicks enough to make him quit.

I'm referring to what Ali said.. it's literally in OPs post

"On Jan. 30, manager Ali Abdelaziz posted on social media claiming that if Nurmagomedov (29-0) decided to come back to the UFC, he could rule the roost in three different weight classes. The renowned manager did mistake Israel Adesanya as the beltholder at 185 pounds instead of Dricus Du Plessis, but he pitched a 2024 schedule for Nurmagomedov to win in three divisions. First, Abdelaziz stated that Nurmagomedov would start at middleweight in April, move up to light heavyweight in July and then drop to 170 pounds in December to become the first simultaneous three-division champ in a major organization."

Yes I would, specifically tho, against Conor again. To beat the tar out of him again.

It'd be great to see how he did at those weights, but I think that he'd be mad to even bother. I really like and respect the path that he has chosen. Even tho that may seem contradictory to my other response lol
conor-mcgregor-in-roadhouse-v0-r69rxnqxslec1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Conor-McGregor-and-Cristiano-Ronaldo-Day-of-Reckoning-boxing-01.jpg

IMG_1233.jpeg

I always think no way but the fact that DC was LHW/HW champ sometimes makes me wonder how far up Khabib could go

Khabib beats everyone at 170 with ease.

He was a generational talent. One of the greatest to ever do it.

That pic w him and Shavkat lets us all know Khabib is a LW.

People bitching he should fight someone his own size? Yea those are all LW's

fa4b56oqbjna1.png

Khabib beats everyone at 170 with ease.

He was a generational talent. One of the greatest to ever do it.
Well the second part is true,but doesnt have any bearing on the first part of what you said.

I think Khabs could easily become a champion at 170. 185 is a no-no.

nah I'm quite happy that he has quit whilst he was at the top. Good decision, too many guys go on far too long....

I mean...look at Fedor..... case in point.

The Eagle has flown the coop and ain't returning.

That pic w him and Shavkat lets us all know Khabib is a LW.

People bitching he should fight someone his own size? Yea those are all LW's

fa4b56oqbjna1.png

Yeah sure,they could do it in 3 different weight classes
f8af41b7760f68424deccf507f899f8e.gif

triple-h-entrance.gif

Back