• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Car recommendations

@Protectandserve

Another thing, don't go in there being honest with them about your situation as far as your vehicle taking a shit on you -you lose some negotiating power when they know you need to buy. Always buy when you want to, not because you need to. Even if you really are there because you need to be. Always keep the poker face game strong with sales people. Also, read up on the prices and the market for anything you're going to go look at before hand and try to have all your numbers worked out and memorized before you go in. And don't be afraid to walk if you don't get the numbers you want.

Also, don't negotiate off of a monthly payment -that's another thing they'd like you to do. Negotiate the price of the vehicle 1st. They will try and be slick and continuously bring up what kind of monthly payment works for you, just shrug it off and tell them you'd rather get the price ironed out 1st.

1. Vehicle price
2. Financing
3. Trade in/cash

Pretty much in that order, tho I find the last two to be sort of circumstancial, but you can sometimes wiggle them down further on financing if they think that's all that's left on closing the deal.

And lastly, don't purchase any of that extended warranty/paint protection plan/acid rain protection blah blah blah crap. Basically all the crap they try and sell you on after you agree to buy the car.

Good luck bud.

@Protectandserve

Another thing, don't go in there being honest with them about your situation as far as your vehicle taking a shit on you -you lose some negotiating power when they know you need to buy. Always buy when you want to, not because you need to. Even if you really are there because you need to be. Always keep the poker face game strong with sales people. Also, read up on the prices and the market for anything you're going to go look at before hand and try to have all your numbers worked out and memorized before you go in. And don't be afraid to walk if you don't get the numbers you want.

Also, don't negotiate off of a monthly payment -that's another thing they'd like you to do. Negotiate the price of the vehicle 1st. They will try and be slick and continuously bring up what kind of monthly payment works for you, just shrug it off and tell them you'd rather get the price ironed out 1st.

1. Vehicle price
2. Financing
3. Trade in/cash

Pretty much in that order, tho I find the last two to be sort of circumstancial, but you can sometimes wiggle them down further on financing if they think that's all that's left on closing the deal.

And lastly, don't purchase any of that extended warranty/paint protection plan/acid rain protection blah blah blah crap. Basically all the crap they try and sell you on after you agree to buy the car.

Good luck bud.
Thanks man. Good advice.

My next commuter car will be a Mazda 3 hatchback or a used Subaru Forester. I think those are both great options with lots of good reviews.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ram Rebel TRX. Supercharged Hellcat Hemi.

@Protectandserve

1. Vehicle price
2. Financing
3. Trade in/cash

Good luck bud.

All the extras and warranty shit is how they make their money, they really go hard for that shit. I had the dealer and the insurance company both trying to sell me gap insurance.

Its funny, the car salesmen there aren't really the salesmen. It's the "finance managers" they stick you in an office with who are actually skilled at selling. You think it's for paperwork but they just aggressively try to sell you like 20 extras. It was very irritating. I kept it light but by the 5th attempt my patience was wearing thin.

I've been driving mazda last few years

I had a CX-5 for a few years and it was very solid for a cheaper crossover SUV. I got the AWD for the winter and drove through a lot of shit here in the midwest and it was great.

I just got a Midsize Sedan - 2018 Mazda 6 Grand Touring.. leather, heated seats, good tech and a turbocharged engine for about 30k - I like it so far.

I totaled my Jetta and jumped in the market for a used car. My budget was around 3,500. Found a 2007 Mazda 3 base model for 2,800. No bells and whistles. Roll-up windows. Manual door locks. Manual transmission. Only 92k miles. Drives like a dream. Has a surprising amount of pick-up for 140hp. Best handling of any vehicle I've owned. Sound system is really nice.

I'd overlooked Mazda in the past, but so far (only a few days in) I'm really impressed with it.

2018 Ford Fusion Sport. Sleeper and stomps ass.

Get one of these full sick cars bro
they are also appreciating in value

I currently have a Hyundai Sonata and I'm not too thrilled with it. You get lots of extras for the price, but they feel cheap/ Little things always braking on it. My 2010 already has issues with the paint and clearcoat peeling. Google Hyundai and paint problems and you will see that's a common problem with Hyundai's. I had a Camry before this car and like Toyota's better than the Hyundai.

I have an old Subaru Forrester as my snow vehicle and dog transport car. It's a solid car for being a 2000 and would consider a new one when it's time to buy another car.

@Protectandserve

1. Vehicle price
2. Financing
3. Trade in/cash

Good luck bud.
Great advice.
...The "how much can you afford per month" question... ugh. Makes me wanna fill that showroom with uppercuts.

I totaled my Jetta and jumped in the market for a used car. My budget was around 3,500. Found a 2007 Mazda 3 base model for 2,800. No bells and whistles. Roll-up windows. Manual door locks. Manual transmission. Only 92k miles. Drives like a dream. Has a surprising amount of pick-up for 140hp. Best handling of any vehicle I've owned. Sound system is really nice.

I'd overlooked Mazda in the past, but so far (only a few days in) I'm really impressed with it.

It seems a lot of people overlook Mazda, but they've done well for themselves on their current cars (can't speak as much to earlier models). Usually they are fun to drive and efficient.

Back