Locked CAPTAIN MARVEL Movie (First Official Look)

Status
Not open for further replies.
835e9et.jpg

Brit Marling - Brit is also a talented screenwriter and producer. I've only seen one movie of hers and it was Arbitrage starring Richard Gere. Her acting there was so stiff and unnatural whenever she talked. While doing more research on her acting on Youtube, I stumbled upon this interview which just turned me off on the possibility of her getting the role.

Nu3mo8S.jpg

Rachel Nichols - The lovely Rachel Nichols has all the credentials (height, beauty, acting, build). If she can get into G.I. Joe fighting shape, Rachel is easily top 5 for the role. Unfortunately, her enemy is time - she turned 35 last January. You can catch her on the fourth and final season of Continuum.

9ir2Jks.jpg

Rosamund Pike - When Rosamund was a bit younger, there was always something odd about her face even though she looked beautiful. And that problem only got worse as she aged. She's just 35 but she looks old for her age. Tremendous actress but age, voice and looks are all wrong for the part.

qrhEiKP.jpg

Margot Robbie - Margot will kill it as Harley Quinn in the upcoming Suicide Squad no doubt. But if she ever decides to star in her own superhero movie rather than being part of an ensemble, she should give Marvel a call. (I wonder if WB has a stipulation in their contract preventing their talent from going to Marvel and vice versa).

5Ngt65N.jpg

Ronda Rousey - No.

efzsKVO.jpg

Katie Sackhoff - Katie is confoundingly the perennial favorite among many fanboys to play Carol Danvers. Probably the same fanboys who wanted chubby Lucy Lawless to play Wonder Woman. As proven in Marvelous Measurements, there are several better qualified candidates for the Captain Marvel role.

LJ2VXQi.jpg

Yvonne Strahovski (mine!) - Best known for portraying CIA Agent Sarah Walker in Chuck and Hannah McKay in Dexter, Yvonne Strahovski was born to play Captain Marvel. The 5'9" Australian beauty can next be seen this spring in ABC's The Astronaut Wives Club.

xuubgtr.jpg

Charlize Theron - Charlize gets straight A's except for her age. Such a shame, she was perfect for the role ten plus years ago. Even at 39, she still looks amazing though. You can see her next in Mad Max: Fury Road. She's currently dating Sean Penn.

GPneGEY.jpg

Anna Torv - The Australian actress is best known for her role as FBI agent Olivia Dunham on the Fox television series Fringe. I don't know much about Anna aside from a few episodes of Fringe season one but she seems okay-ish for the role.

eyoTBCj.jpg

Laura Vandervoort - The Canadian cutie name doesn't come up often in the Captain Marvel fancast, probably because most fans associate her with being Supergirl in Smallville. But I think she's not a bad choice for Carol Danvers. Laura is currently starring in the werewolf drama series Bitten.

TsPdpr3.jpg

Ruth Wilson - The English actress was first rumored for the Ms. Marvel role way back in 2012. Didn't know her back then but have seen a lot of her work since then and she's just not right for the part. She recently won a Golden Globe for her role in the Showtime series The Affair.

DZlIHgZ.jpg

Katheryn Winnick - Before she became one of the fanboy's favorite to play Carol Danvers, I was already a fan of Katheryn and casting her as Black Canary a few years ago. I love the idea of Katheryn as Captain Marvel but the Vikings star's age is not ideal for the studios to hang the future of the franchise on.

5G45PQU.jpg

Evan Rachel Wood - The American actress is not on anybody's radar for the role but based on her stats, I believe she'd make a good Carol Danvers. Wood's film credits include Thirteen, The Wrestler, The Ides of March, and Charlie Countryman. Wood has a black belt in taekwondo.

t4AZ8o8.jpg

j8TKsT2.jpg

Last edited:
You're obviously trying to outdo even yourself.

Impressive.

dam i thought this was about captain marvel (DC)

shazam's such a dumb name

She better not be some skinny litle actress with dyed hair, I don't want to see a Gal Godot type casting.

I think they'll introduce Black Bolt and the others before then.

Also, I'm not sure on Yvonne. I don't really see her as the superhero type.

Also, I'm not sure on Yvonne. I don't really see her as the superhero type.

If you have followed Yvonne on NBC's Chuck from 2007 to 2012, I'm confident you would change your mind.

Is this the same ladya as Ms Marvel?

Edit: nvm

Yeah, Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel (formerly known as Ms. Marvel, Warbird and Binary).

Cool. Ghey changed the name just to fuck with Shazam/Cap. Marvel?

Will read your fantasy script later and let you know what I think about it. :)

I too thought this is about the DC Billy Batson. I heard the Rock is playing Black Adam right? So they are making a movie about that guy.

But why cant they just do a movie starring the blue skinned Kree male Mar Vell? This is going to be a chick flick, but I guess I give it a go. Some chick flicks are pretty good.

How about Caty Lutz for Ms Marvel?

I'm looking forward to this one and Inhumans the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back