Law Capitol Rioter Megathread

You are stating facts but heres the thing... So am i. He shot a woman who posed zero threat to him, none. Hes a dirt bag pussy. A lot of cops that make national news are. There is no what aboutism. Him being cleared means nothing to me because i look at cases individually. You waved your "court of law says its coo" flag. I gave an example of why thats dumb. Lick his boots all you want but youre as ugly as a chauvin defender to me.
LOL oh man, dude you crack me up. The process of conducting an investigation or a trial is literally looking at a case individually.

It's not an "execution" though. That's as bad as when the left calls some multiple felon fucking around and finding out with the cops, an "execution".

It's nullifying a threat to the government. Lethal force is definitely on the table. Like I said, they were lucky they didn't all get the same treatment.

You should have to be armed to pull off such a thing. The fact that they managed to get so far without much resistance at all, despite being unarmed, sends a far worse message about how weak the security is, to those who would wish to pull off such a thing in the future, only with more organization.
Astonishing. I agree completely. Are you abstaining from drugs for some reason?

speaking of the finest spectrum of short bus retards in the country, we've got another one fellas.

Capitol rioter claimed he was elsewhere on Jan. 6, handing out Bibles

Described by the FBI as a white supremacist, Bryan Betancur pleaded guilty in May to one count of disorderly conduct in a restricted building or grounds

As authorities tell it, convicted burglar Bryan Betancur made what seemed to be a reasonable request to Maryland probation officials a few days before the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol. Prohibited from leaving the state without permission, he asked to travel to the District on Jan. 6, 2021, so that he could hand out Bibles on behalf of the Christian group The Gideons International.

Maryland’s division of parole and probation said okay.

“Betancur provided [his] probation officer with updates throughout the day and communicated that he would not be home by the normal curfew time,” a federal prosecutor said in a court filing.

In a recent plea deal, Betancur acknowledged that his story about distributing the Good Book was a ruse. Instead, clad in a shirt bearing a logo of the Proud Boys, a far-right group with a history of violence, he attended Donald Trump’s incendiary rally on the Ellipse, after which Betancur stormed the Capitol with an angry mob of fellow Trump supporters trying to prevent Congress from affirming Joe Biden’s electoral victory, according to the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington.

Betancur, described by the FBI as a white supremacist who lived with his mother in Silver Spring, Md., was sentenced Wednesday to four months behind bars for participating in the riot. Although his age isn’t clear (prosecutors say he is 24; his attorney says 22), there was no dispute in U.S. District Court in D.C. regarding his Jan. 6 whereabouts.

What helped give him away: On the day of the insurrection, he was wearing a GPS tracking device that had been affixed to one of his ankles by probation officials after his release from incarceration in a Maryland burglary case.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/08/11/betancur-jan6-probation-bible/

i dont know about the rest of you, but if i'm going to go out there committing crimes and i dont want to get caught, i'm not going to be wearing an ankle monitor from my previous arrest.

uhh it wasnt me who went into the capitol you guys! in the name of the lord, and ronald reagan i swear i didn't do it! my ankle monitor is simply just lying to you. its controlled by deep state agents!

this fine pile of maga trash right here likes to thump his bible around and hide behind jesus every time he goes around committing crimes. well i'm not truly a religious person either, but i'll try to recall a scripture from the bible straight out of my head:

"In the beginning, God created the heaven and this fucking retard right here."
Fucking hell, lol!!! One by one!!!

Astonishing. I agree completely. Are you abstaining from drugs for some reason?

I've been very consistent on this matter from the day it happened. You just dismiss people on the other side of the spectrum as "others", and judge with partisan blinders on. You should work on that.

I've been very consistent on this matter from the day it happened. You just dismiss people on the other side of the spectrum as "others", and judge with partisan blinders on. You should work on that.
lol

That's a silly generalization when my response is to you individually.

Trial Date Set For Jan. 6 Rioter From Tamarac; Mom Calls Him a ‘True Patriot’ in Fundraising Pitch

A trial date has been set for Mason Joel Courson, the Tamarac man accused of assaulting law enforcement officers during the Jan 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, court records show.

Meanwhile, Courson’s mother in Weston is raising money for her “true patriot” son through a crowdfunding site. Millions of dollars have been raised on the platform for the Proud Boys and other far-right groups and causes, including the Jan 6 attack on the Capitol.

Courson, 26, will stand trial in Washington, D.C., federal court beginning Sept 25, with jury selection slated to start that day, federal court filings show. Several other accused Capitol rioters are scheduled to go on trial at the same time, the records show.

Federal prosecutors said Courson participated in one of the most violent attacks on police during the failed attempt to stop the certification of Joe Biden as the winner of the 2020 presidential election.

Authorities said he used a police baton to strike a police officer and dragged a second officer down a staircase—then kept the baton as a possible “trophy,” records show.

Courson is charged with offenses that include assaulting, resisting, or impeding law enforcement officers using a dangerous weapon, inflicting bodily injury, civil disorder, and entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds with a deadly or dangerous weapon, among other federal crimes.

Courson told FBI agents the violent scene on the Capitol grounds was like being in a “war zone” and that he felt like he was engaged in a “battle,” according to the records.

“Despite his ‘Thin Blue Line’ face covering (seemingly showing support for law enforcement), he stated that he felt these officers were not ‘thin blue line’ but rather were traitors,” U.S. Magistrate Judge Jared M. Strauss wrote in a Dec 23, 2021 detention order.

Courson is being held without bond in a Virginia jail.

His mother, Angelica Courson, has launched a fundraiser to cover her son’s personal and legal bills on the Christian fundraising website GiveSendGo, which aims “to share the Hope of Jesus through crowdfunding.”

“My son Mason Courson, like many, went to Washington D.C. on Jan 6, 2021, to stand and listen to his President speak, with no ill intent at all,” Angelica Courson wrote in her fundraising pitch. “Unfortunately, as with many other individuals that day, he found himself in a situation he never imagined. He is currently being held without bond and has lost his ability to support his 2-year-old son, that he had 15 days a month. He is [a] man with a strong Christian faith, an incredible father, son, and brother, and loves his country, believes in freedom, a true patriot as we are all now called.”

“It’s important to try and maintain the [morale] of all these individuals that have been separated from their families while awaiting trial,” Angelica Courson wrote.

The campaign had raised $3,840 as of Sunday, well short of its $50,000 goal.

According to the fundraising site, ten people have donated, including one donor who wrote: “You attempted to support our Country, and for some unexplained reason, our Country has turned its back on you and your family.”

Before the Jan 6 attack, Courson had a criminal history that included several arrests between 2013 and 2018, including busts for battery, grand theft, and resisting arrest without violence.

In the 19 months since Jan 6, 2021, more than 860 people have been arrested in nearly every state for crimes related to the breach of the Capitol, including over 260 people charged with assaulting or impeding law enforcement.

The investigation into the attack remains ongoing.

https://tamaractalk.com/trial-date-set-for-jan-6-rioter-from-tamarac-29149

had to share this because of this...

He is [a] man with a strong Christian faith, an incredible father, son, and brother, and loves his country, believes in freedom, a true patriot as we are all now called.”

Before the Jan 6 attack, Courson had a criminal history that included several arrests between 2013 and 2018, including busts for battery, grand theft, and resisting arrest without violence.

i think his mom forgot to mention the part about how this true patriot loves his country and its democracy, and has the utmost respect for law enforcement and law and order.

Trial Date Set For Jan. 6 Rioter From Tamarac; Mom Calls Him a ‘True Patriot’ in Fundraising Pitch

A trial date has been set for Mason Joel Courson, the Tamarac man accused of assaulting law enforcement officers during the Jan 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, court records show.

Meanwhile, Courson’s mother in Weston is raising money for her “true patriot” son through a crowdfunding site. Millions of dollars have been raised on the platform for the Proud Boys and other far-right groups and causes, including the Jan 6 attack on the Capitol.

Courson, 26, will stand trial in Washington, D.C., federal court beginning Sept 25, with jury selection slated to start that day, federal court filings show. Several other accused Capitol rioters are scheduled to go on trial at the same time, the records show.

Federal prosecutors said Courson participated in one of the most violent attacks on police during the failed attempt to stop the certification of Joe Biden as the winner of the 2020 presidential election.

Authorities said he used a police baton to strike a police officer and dragged a second officer down a staircase—then kept the baton as a possible “trophy,” records show.

Courson is charged with offenses that include assaulting, resisting, or impeding law enforcement officers using a dangerous weapon, inflicting bodily injury, civil disorder, and entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds with a deadly or dangerous weapon, among other federal crimes.

Courson told FBI agents the violent scene on the Capitol grounds was like being in a “war zone” and that he felt like he was engaged in a “battle,” according to the records.

“Despite his ‘Thin Blue Line’ face covering (seemingly showing support for law enforcement), he stated that he felt these officers were not ‘thin blue line’ but rather were traitors,” U.S. Magistrate Judge Jared M. Strauss wrote in a Dec 23, 2021 detention order.

Courson is being held without bond in a Virginia jail.

His mother, Angelica Courson, has launched a fundraiser to cover her son’s personal and legal bills on the Christian fundraising website GiveSendGo, which aims “to share the Hope of Jesus through crowdfunding.”

“My son Mason Courson, like many, went to Washington D.C. on Jan 6, 2021, to stand and listen to his President speak, with no ill intent at all,” Angelica Courson wrote in her fundraising pitch. “Unfortunately, as with many other individuals that day, he found himself in a situation he never imagined. He is currently being held without bond and has lost his ability to support his 2-year-old son, that he had 15 days a month. He is [a] man with a strong Christian faith, an incredible father, son, and brother, and loves his country, believes in freedom, a true patriot as we are all now called.”

“It’s important to try and maintain the [morale] of all these individuals that have been separated from their families while awaiting trial,” Angelica Courson wrote.

The campaign had raised $3,840 as of Sunday, well short of its $50,000 goal.

According to the fundraising site, ten people have donated, including one donor who wrote: “You attempted to support our Country, and for some unexplained reason, our Country has turned its back on you and your family.”

In the 19 months since Jan 6, 2021, more than 860 people have been arrested in nearly every state for crimes related to the breach of the Capitol, including over 260 people charged with assaulting or impeding law enforcement.

The investigation into the attack remains ongoing.

https://tamaractalk.com/trial-date-set-for-jan-6-rioter-from-tamarac-29149

had to share this because of this...

He is [a] man with a strong Christian faith, an incredible father, son, and brother, and loves his country, believes in freedom, a true patriot as we are all now called.”

i think his mom forgot to mention the part about how this true patriot loves his country and its democracy, and has the utmost respect for law enforcement and law and order.

You mean to tell me that Trump and his followers didn't fully fund this "patriots'" defense already?!?!

I'm shocked! Shocked!

alright folks, its time to add another proud patriot and freedom fighter to the maga hall of fame

Trump fan who assaulted Capitol cops with Trump flag, billboard on Jan. 6 gets over 3.5 years in prison

Howard Richardson told the FBI he was "pissed off" about the election and angry about alleged voter fraud.

WASHINGTON — A "pissed off" Donald Trump fan was sentenced to 46 months in prison Friday for assaulting law enforcement officers with a Trump flag and joining a mob to use a giant Trump billboard as a battering ram when rioters stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

The government said that Howard Richardson, a 72-year-old from King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, "contributed to the breach of the police line that led directly to the storming of the Capitol doors." Federal prosecutors sought 46 months of incarceration for Richardson, who is the father of a 20-year veteran police officer, according to the government.

“Richardson also wrongly insisted that he carried a ‘Back the Blue’ flag on January 6 and not a Trump flag,” the government said, adding (misspelling “unfazed”): “Apparently unphased by the irony of using a pro-police symbol to attack a police officer, Richardson made this assertion even though the video footage clearly shows his flag is a blue and red ‘Trump’ flag.”

Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly sentenced Richardson to more than 3.5 years in prison, saying he had downplayed his actions in his plea hearing and misled the FBI about his actions, twice coming up with "excuses" for what he did.

"This is a serious offense," Kollar-Kotelly said, adding that the video made clear that Richardson was "very angry" when he swung his flagpole with the Trump flag at an officer.

"The intent has to be to injure the officer, there's no other reason to do it," Kollar-Kotelly said.

“It was an insurrection, it was not a protest, and certainly not a peaceful one,” she added.

Richardson told the court he was apologetic for his actions.

"I am sorry," Richardson said. "This was not my intention whatsoever." He said he was expecting a party and a "celebration" because he thought that Republicans would stop the certification of Joe Biden's presidential win.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...ump-flag-billboard-jan-6-gets-priso-rcna44988

bolding the hilarious. man these people are stupid. yeah he was attacking police with a trump flag, but he actually tried to argue that it was a Back The Blue flag that he was assaulting police officers with! that's really gonna help your case bud. Nothing screams of being all about Law & Order and Blue Lives Matter like assaulting a bunch of police with Back The Blue flags lol.

FBI adds to Jan. 6 arrests by taking ‘B Squad’ militiamen who led attack on tunnels into custody

ScreenShot2022-08-25at10.53.15AM.png

"The arrests this week of five Florida militiamen who called themselves the “B Squad” for their violent actions on Jan. 6, 2021, at the U.S. Capitol serve as a helpful reminder that the Justice Department is still in the process of bringing the insurrectionists who attacked American democracy that day—now over 860 and counting—to justice.

The details of their case, moreover, are chilling reminders of just how close the nation came to catastrophe that day, saved largely by the valor of police officers who defended the Capitol—and the deep implications of these unfolding arrests for the Republican Party, after NBC News identified the ringleader of the B Squad as a recently defeated GOP legislative candidate, a man who has not yet been charged."

FBI adds to Jan. 6 arrests by taking ‘B Squad’ militiamen who led attack on tunnels into custody (dailykos.com)

FBI adds to Jan. 6 arrests by taking ‘B Squad’ militiamen who led attack on tunnels into custody

ScreenShot2022-08-25at10.53.15AM.png

"The arrests this week of five Florida militiamen who called themselves the “B Squad” for their violent actions on Jan. 6, 2021, at the U.S. Capitol serve as a helpful reminder that the Justice Department is still in the process of bringing the insurrectionists who attacked American democracy that day—now over 860 and counting—to justice.

The details of their case, moreover, are chilling reminders of just how close the nation came to catastrophe that day, saved largely by the valor of police officers who defended the Capitol—and the deep implications of these unfolding arrests for the Republican Party, after NBC News identified the ringleader of the B Squad as a recently defeated GOP legislative candidate, a man who has not yet been charged."

FBI adds to Jan. 6 arrests by taking ‘B Squad’ militiamen who led attack on tunnels into custody (dailykos.com)
Jeremy Liggett facebook aug 24th...

"The FBI served a search warrant on my home today. I have put on the Armor of God." <Dany07>

Jeremy Liggett facebook aug 24th...

"The FBI served a search warrant on my home today. I have put on the Armor of God." <Dany07>

oh thats cute. the chuds have to start thumping their bible and pulling the religious card every time they get caught for their sins. keep trying to hide behind god. he aint gonna forgive you for your sins bro. jesus never beat up a bunch of cops and tried to interrupt the certification of a presidential election all because he's mad that his orange god lost the election.

oh thats cute. the chuds have to start thumping their bible and pulling the religious card every time they get caught for their sins. keep trying to hide behind god. he aint gonna forgive you for your sins bro. jesus never beat up a bunch of cops and tried to interrupt the certification of a presidential election all because he's mad that his orange god lost the election.

God will forgive them if they ask for it.

But..

Forgiveness does not mean escape from the consequences of your actions.

God will forgive them if they ask for it.

But..

Forgiveness does not mean escape from the consequences of your actions.
I don't remember if it's from Full Metal Jacket or Shawshank Redemption but to paraphrase, "Your soul belongs to God but your ass belongs to me"...

Back