Cannot gain weight for the life of me!

STILL LIFE

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
When I first tried creatine a few years back, I grew. Same with muscle milk. But now whenever I take them I don't gain anything. I tried switching it up with cell-tech, N-large 2, amino fuel, animal pack. Nothing has helped me gain out of these. My diet is really healthy with a lot of protein lot's of high protein meats such as chicken breast , veggies, whole grain, fruits, daily. My body doesn't respond to whey at all, even taking a gram per pound and even more. I see people say No-xplode is good, should i try that? My workouts are intense and nutrition is good. Does anyone have any other supplement's that worked to help gain muscle mass. Any help is appreciated.

have you tried counting your calories up? From what i gather you are eating okay but perhaps just not enough.

Cytosport has a higher calorie formula called Cytogainer that you might want to look into. Also MHP has a very reputable gainer called "Up Your Mass"...which has been reported to do well by some of my hard-gainer clients.

You've given us an idea of things you have tried but what is your actual diet? Run through a typical day of eating from start to finish. How long have you been eating this way? How do you work out? If you are trying to gain weight, obviously you don't want to do much cardio if you can avoid it.

id still keep the cardio... just eat more to gain what youve burned off. Cardio is still important in staying lean and will help in gaining just muscle mass instead of all that fat.

STILL LIFE said:
When I first tried creatine a few years back, I grew. Same with muscle milk. But now whenever I take them I don't gain anything. I tried switching it up with cell-tech, N-large 2, amino fuel, animal pack. Nothing has helped me gain out of these. My diet is really healthy with a lot of protein lot's of high protein meats such as chicken breast , veggies, whole grain, fruits, daily. My body doesn't respond to whey at all, even taking a gram per pound and even more. I see people say No-xplode is good, should i try that? My workouts are intense and nutrition is good. Does anyone have any other supplement's that worked to help gain muscle mass. Any help is appreciated.
you should post your exact work out scheduale and your diet...simething can be changed

jayyon39 said:
you should post your exact work out scheduale and your diet...simething can be changed
I second that.

And I have to say Carb are a huge factor too.

you shouldnt be depending on supplement to make you gain weight. nothing will make you gain weight like good training and diet. supplements are meant to do just that, supplement your diet. post up your weight training routine for critique in the strength and power forum. also, if your still doing long distance running/cycling/swimming for your cardio, you would be wise to replace it with high intensity interval training, as it is much less catabolic (muscle eating)

You want to gain weight. lift weights, get a stronger base meaning your legs, bulk up, hit the protein shakes.

This might sound obvious, but make sure you're spreading your food out into around 5 or 6 meals throughout the day so you've always got something in your belly.

How about some good'ole GNC MASS GAINER 34897398566... jk

heard good things about the cytogainer.. not tryin to gain weight like crazy though.

meal 1)whole grain cereal or oatmeal and fruit with N-large shake 2) Huge Chicken salad with nearly a whole breast in it 3) Any form of pasta (fat bowl of it) with a nutrigrain bar 4) Big turkey sandwich with 4 slices of turkey. 5) Chicken breast with asparagus or zuchinni. One more N-large shake right before bed. I'm 6'2 170 right now, but need to gain weight quick. Iv'e been eating like this for about 3 to 4 months and have seen very small gains.

you shouldnt be depending on supplement to make you gain weight. nothing will make you gain weight like good training and diet. supplements are meant to do just that, supplement your diet. post up your weight training routine for critique in the strength and power forum. also, if your still doing long distance running/cycling/swimming for your cardio, you would be wise to replace it with high intensity interval training, as it is much less catabolic (muscle eating)

Supplements are prominent in America because there's almost no way to get the entire caloric content necessary for most athletics in the food with the state of Agriculture and Processing nowadays. Supplements are very much necessary and there is nothing wrong with depending on them.

STILL - Nowhere in your diet do you seem to have any of the good fats. Most professional athletes use a simple 30-30-40 formula in terms of composing their dietery intake. 30% is lean protein. 40% of cabrs (staying away from sugars and simple starches wherever possible, using natural sources for sugars, greens, and whole grains), and 30% of fat usually in the form of an EFA supplement. Food sources for good fat are usually fish (you could do with throwing some salmon in as opposed to chicken), flax (you can get the seeds and mix them into your shakes), etc.

Also, I see no snacking. Toss in some snacks in-between your meals. For calories nuts are good, if you want good fat and protein, almonds are ideal.

And when you lift I hope indeed you're lifting heavy. Heavy weight = big muscles. You don't get big by not testing the limits of what your body is capable of. Learn proper form, and lift heavy.

seriously, cut the suplements and up the good food intake. thats all it takes. your body is likly burning up too many calories making use of those supplements your trying to cram in there.

the main pourpose of supplements is to make you lose wieght and recover quicker. It only helps to increase lean muscle mass if your eating astronamical amounts of food.

and by the way creatien puts on water wieght and thats about it.

seriously, cut the suplements and up the good food intake. thats all it takes. your body is likly burning up too many calories making use of those supplements your trying to cram in there.

the main pourpose of supplements is to make you lose wieght and recover quicker. It only helps to increase lean muscle mass if your eating astronamical amounts of food.

and by the way creatien puts on water wieght and thats about it.

Seriously, no.

Does anyone have an ideal diet sample to go off of? I'm having a little trouble gaining weight as well, and i'd like to see a sample of a good day's worth of eating to compare.

I don't know how many of the guys up here are going for gains, but a good rule of thumb I like to suggest is to look at the eating regimens of body builders or people who partake in Strength Athletics. A simple search of the Internet should be able to warrant some results. Reason being is because these people pay professional Dieticians to construct their regimens as opposed to having a bunch of people randomly suggest things.

Gaining weight is easy. After you ear, smoke marijuana. This will lower your blood sugar, making you hungry again. Then, eat another meal - exactly what you just ate. Do this after every meal for 2 weeks.

You will gain weight.

Back