Cannot gain weight for the life of me!

Just out of curiosity, does anybody think it's just impossible for some guys to gain weight? I mean, with the hypothetical they ate 100,000 calories a day, do you think it's possible their bodies will only process so much, and never enough to gain weight?

King Kabuki said:
Leave us remember Ah-nold's heyday was the 60's and 70's. The decades of free drugs and love, where it was alright to smoke a spliff while having un-protected sex with a woman (or two) in between sets in the parking lot of your gym in your VW bus. Plus there wasn't as much competition to be innovatve against.

Haha, true. Seems a bit arbitrary to me, as well, picking up a habit like weed just to gain weight. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't know some guys (not every one of them a juicer, but most) who would smoke a couple joints a day just to increase their appetites. As far as appetite-enhancing supplements go, Vitamin B12:Marijuana::Creatine:Steroids.

But to the guy who started this thread, don't smoke weed if you're an athlete. Gain weight without it. It's not like it's the THC adding pounds. Do your work and eat, you'll be much healthier that way. Weed fucks your cardio.

Just out of curiosity, does anybody think it's just impossible for some guys to gain weight? I mean, with the hypothetical they ate 100,000 calories a day, do you think it's possible their bodies will only process so much, and never enough to gain weight?

Nah, I don't subscribe to that for the reason that you don't have as many current IFBB Pro's who started out as sticks and got as big as they are, and a lot of them minus their "sports supplements". Which even Flex Wheeler, who is naturally microscopic compared to his competition days, competed and placed in Olympia as late as 2003 on practically no roids, and with a near-fatal illness.

It's like sometimes I think I'm only going to get but so cut. But then I notice small details that hint at the progress towards the goal I've set for January of next year. I also see progress in my abilities in training. I believe the body is a machine, yes, like a car, indeed. But you can fine-tune it very well. And look at how many guys have these little fast-ass fucking Honda Civics. But it's all in what you put in and what kind of performance you put out. Time is the main limiting factor. But then again I have a regular client at my store who runs like 6 miles per day, Shadowboxes I think he said 8 rounds, does weights and plyometrics, I saw him throw some punches and he moves as quick as I do, and the motherfucker's 66 years-old.

Yeah, this is my belief, but I didn't want to come off as an asshole. I'm naturally big. Gaining weight was never an issue for me, so I try to be more forgiving when other guys say they can't. But that's not my inclination.

You see, I can't tell you how many small guys (like back in high school, playing football) said, "I wish I was your size, I can't gain weight."
I would always reply, "Well, you're not eating enough."
Of course they always say, "Yes I do. I eat six meals a day. I take weight gainer four times a day."
I say, "Well, okay, that doesn't change my advice, you're still not eating enough."
Then they get smart, they say, "I've tried that. You're not listening. Shut up. You don't know my diet. You don't know how much I eat. I eat like a horse."
So I say, "Okay. You need to eat like two horses."

I don't want to be a jerk, because, like I said, I was never small, but at the same time, I want to say, "What do you want me to do, stroke your vagina for you? That's not gonna help you gain any weight either."

STILL LIFE said:
Kabuki, what are some good fats that I should eat. Is there any foods that I should eat mass amounts of in a day that help gain? also, I can't stomach salmon or anything fish. This is gonna sound weird but I was taking 2 n-large shakes a day for the last few weeks and I wasn't benching well at all and felt weaker, then I quit taking it and now bench like 20 pounds more and don't feel weak. I don't know if whey is such a good idea for me. Thanks for your help.

Kabuki, i was wonderin about this stuff still, thanks. LOL I use to smoke weed but just ate junk food and had fat ass lovehandles.

P.S- I drive a little fast ass civic. :redface:

Xyience NOXCG3 seems to be working good though. It's weird how it makes your veins show crazy on the top of your skin though. Not gaining mass from it though really (if i am it's very little) but makes me look more ripped. Off subject, but Damn hitting the bag makes ur back and arms look more ripped, I love that sheite.

If you can't stomach anything fish then you've already limited yourself. Flax is about the next best thing, but you'd do well to get an Omega Complex or a Multi Oil and use that to supplement the good fat intake.

Mick - Bro I have that same conversation EVERY DAY. "You're not eating right for your specific goal" is probably something I say at least 9 times per week. Usually responded to with "naw I eat good"...to which I reply "if that was true you wouldn't be in here looking for a magic pill.". Just respond to those dudes with "you know pizza and cheeseburgers and shit are not part of a proper weight gaining regimen." Watch their faces, if you have a camera, take a picture for your own personal amusement.

Back