• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cannonier, UFC main event fighter - "I'm broke"

The UFC could fix this by downsizing and consolidating cards into a true ultimate fighting championship. Paying more to everyone and putting a stop to random nobody cards

They can definitely do this, but why would they? What's a "true ultimate fighting championship? Paying 'more to everyone', who is everyone? 'Random nobody cards'? The fuck are they?

I think people forget, fighters are not fighters because they are some model citizens.

They are prize fighters. They fight for money. Guess what happens when you get some money? You want MORE money.

And what happens when you want to ask for MORE money in public? You play a victim.

That's how it was 100 years ago, even 1000 years ago, and that's how it is today.

I'm aware that it's hard to find someone more dishonest Dana White, more likely than not, but these guys playing victim while getting paid pretty good money, in this instance, half a million fighting FIVE times over last two years and acting like he's broke, is fucking lame as fuck.

He should go to Bellator if he is broke and see if he gets better money. We all know Jared Cannonier is a main stream star AND what's considered an elite fighter amongst hardcore fan base. NOT.
i think he is broke more so because of his layoffs. I doubt that he was taking a jab at the UFC brass but just telling it like it is. Jared rarely disresepts anyone in interviews.

Cannonier is still fairly new in MMA and only recently established himself as a top guy. Unfortunately for him, injuries are slowing his surge a bit.

i think he is broke more so because of his layoffs. I doubt that he was taking a jab at the UFC brass but just telling it like it is. Jared rarely disresepts anyone in interviews.

Cannonier is still fairly new in MMA and only recently established himself as a top guy. Unfortunately for him, injuries are slowing his surge a bit.
Just another guy who wasted years of his career at a weight class higher than he should be at

In the next decade, I really do think the UFC will more or less be forced to start paying fair wages to it's roster. As of this moment, it's still hilariously disproportionate. Objectively it's a scandal.
Other posters in this thread would have you believe Cannonier is a POS for asking for more money.

I think people forget, fighters are not fighters because they are some model citizens.

They are prize fighters. They fight for money. Guess what happens when you get some money? You want MORE money.

And what happens when you want to ask for MORE money in public? You play a victim.

That's how it was 100 years ago, even 1000 years ago, and that's how it is today.

I'm aware that it's hard to find someone more dishonest Dana White, more likely than not, but these guys playing victim while getting paid pretty good money, in this instance, half a million fighting FIVE times over last two years and acting like he's broke, is fucking lame as fuck.

He should go to Bellator if he is broke and see if he gets better money. We all know Jared Cannonier is a main stream star AND what's considered an elite fighter amongst hardcore fan base. NOT.
How much does Dana and the UFC pay you to shill for them?

I could be an idiot and say to J.J. Watt or a guy like Bob Sanders (NFL Defensive Player of the year, injured, then out of the league)

- JUST BE AN ACCOUNTANT
- DIVERSIFY YOUR BONDS, NINJA
- FIND ANOTHER CAREER

All the while, hundreds of other old random dudes are making money off of them. Bob Sanders won a Super Bowl for the Colts. He made a few million bucks, that's it. Increased the value of the franchise by a hundred million or more.

Or maybe we can call those other non-athlete dudes out on their leveraging bullshit and get the fans behind us so that the athletes can make what they deserve? Since when is Jared Fucking Cannonier the bad guy in any of this? He just made millions of dollars for the UFC and ESPN, he's been a solid fighter for years, and some of you imbeciles still think HE'S the bad guy?

Other posters in this thread would have you believe Cannonier is a POS for asking for more money.
I don't know about the other interviews but in his octagon interview with DC he didn't even ask for more money.

He literally said he needs to work aka fight because he is broke and needs the money.

Oh look it’s the guy who gets overly emotional whenever you criticise black fighters
Continue to show off your ignorance and stupidity by making it about race. You are simply an idiot poster who often says stupid shit.

#3 ranked too.

E8879t3VcBsU2lj.jpg
The amount of money that is brought on through the other sports is much higher than in the UFC.

Continue to show off your ignorance and stupidity by making it about race. You are simply an idiot poster who often says stupid shit.

Yawn… classic. You’re a bigot dude. Don’t know why I ever took you off ignore.

Before or after taxes?

Does it really matter? I would assume before. That’s still more than most tax paying Americans make in a year for one single fight and if he would’ve won he could’ve doubled that and made $150,000.

The guy has made over $1million in the last 5 years, lets say after tax, training costs, management/gym fees etc, that he has made $500k.

$100k a year is pretty decent money to live on in Dallas.

I suspect it's probably more than that though, with sponsorship and other deals outside of the UFC.

If he is broke it is because he is not wisely using his money.

I agree that some fighters are underpaid, but I'm not crying for someone who has made over a million bucks in the last 5 years.
Bitch, please. I've made over a million in the last five years in revenue and I don't live large. I don't pay gym fees. I don't pay management. I pay overhead for an office business. Would you be surprised to hear that I've actually made several million in the past five years and only employ three, and still don't live large?

A million dollars in revenue in five years in the U.S. isn't shit, honestly. If you're not a business owner (which UFC fighters are, for tax purposes), then you have no idea. These guys need to be making $750k+ per year in revenue to cover their expenses as contractors to the UFC and have the peace of mind to train full-time.

This training expenses excuse sucks. Network a little better and get most of that for free for fucks sake.

Yawn… classic. You’re a bigot dude. Don’t know why I ever took you off ignore.
Lmfao!!! You probably never had me on ignore you dork!!! And if you did it was probably because I could easily make you eat crow off of one of the many stupid post you make like this one.

How many times have you been banned anyway??? Dummies never learn smh. Do you even know the definition of a bigot???

In the next decade, I really do think the UFC will more or less be forced to start paying fair wages to it's roster. As of this moment, it's still hilariously disproportionate. Objectively it's a scandal.
Objectively, it is.

The court filings make it pretty clear. Unfortunately, the target audience doesn't care enough to fix it.

So After a bit of Searching his reported pay outs were 70k+70k win bonus against hermansson, with 50k performance bonus and 5k sponsoship incentive for 195k reported there. 90k to show in a losing Effort to WHittaker, 5k for 95k sponsorship incentive. And reported to be making 90k to show again here against kelvin, with 90k to win and 5 incentive for 185k. Don't see him getting a performance bonus on this one so probably won't be anymore than that. If he does get one it'll be 235k. So for his last 3 appearances he's made a reported 475k. He's only fought 3 times in 2 years(the 3 fights I mentioned). If he had been more active the numbers would look better annually. But on these numbers he's making just shy of a quarter million a year average the last 2 years before taxes and costs while only fighting 3 times across those 24 months.

Taxes, training camp, training costs.

He probably walks away with about 130k a year for being in the main event.

He could make more as a plumber or a cop than being in the UFC.

There’s no sponsorships anymore either in the cage with the venum or Reebok deal.

Cops, firefighters, any high level blue collar job will make more money than Jared with less abuse.

Does it really matter? I would assume before. That’s still more than most tax paying Americans make in a year for one single fight and if he would’ve won he could’ve doubled that and made $150,000.

This IS his full time job.

he had to train every day.

He can’t just show up to the fight.

It’s harder than being a plumber or a construction supervisor and it pays less.

Back