canned chicken?

Chaseg1520

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hey I know that most everyone here eats canned tuna/salmon, but what about canned chicken of about the same size can? It has like 30grams of protein per can and I cannot always cook fresh chicken.... opinions?

As long as you watch your sodium intake for the whole day. All of that shit is full of sodium.

I dont think so. I wouldnt eat it.

What I am asking is why wouldn't you if you would still eat canned tuna/salmon and you didn't have time that day to cook some chicken or w/e...

I guess you can. I mean dont make a habit of it. Learn to prep some food for the week instead. You can try to look for low sodium. I think theres one called Valley Fresh?? that is pretty low in sodium but check it out im not sure.

I prefer buying a couple of those roasted chickens, carve off the meat and then throw it in a blender with some low fat miracle whip.

I've had it before, when I was a kid.

My grandparents on my dad's side lived through both world wars in Britain. They were big on canned things.

I don't remember it tasting terrible or anything.

Also, after a quick google, the nutritional info doesn't seem that bad at all (even the sodium, @ 8% of RDI):

http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/98935.html

I've had it before, when I was a kid.

My grandparents on my dad's side lived through both world wars in Britain. They were big on canned things.

I don't remember it tasting terrible or anything.

Also, after a quick google, the nutritional info doesn't seem that bad at all (even the sodium, @ 8% of RDI):

http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/98935.html

Right. Thats the one I was talking about...Valley Fresh. Ok so I was right. :icon_surp

I prefer buying a couple of those roasted chickens, carve off the meat and then throw it in a blender with some low fat miracle whip.

Much better idea from Sonny.

I used to eat a lot of canned shit: mostly tuna 3x a day (yehhhh mercury), and every now and then canned chicken.

My Body just didn't like it, I'd have to force it down. It tasted "old" all the time. Always well before the expiration.

I never had problems with tuna, and would advice just buying the whole chicken.

This ALSO means you'll go to the grocery store, so use it as an opportunity to buy more veggies.

I sense a new addition to the menus of Keva Juice, Jamba Juice, and Smoothie King establishments worldwide!

ugh - puke. what do you eat it with? wheat thins?

Yeah... never thought of Sonny's idea... sounds like its worth a try :)...

Hey I know that most everyone here eats canned tuna/salmon, but what about canned chicken of about the same size can? It has like 30grams of protein per can and I cannot always cook fresh chicken.... opinions?

I usually buy the big packs of boneless skinless chicken breasts from Sam's, cook them all at once and put 2 per bag in freezer bags to bring to work.

i'm assuming you're talking about canned chicken breast, correct? i definitely wouldn't mess with the other flaked shit, and once again you're better off buying fresh/frozen whole breasts and cooking them en masse

ugh - puke. what do you eat it with? wheat thins?

Um..ever heard of chicken salad? Carve up the meat, throw it in a blender/magic bullet, add some miracle whip or mayo with some green onions and some apple slices. It's fucking good eating.

I sense a new addition to the menus of Keva Juice, Jamba Juice, and Smoothie King establishments worldwide!

LOL! I'm not talking about blending it into a shake, just a quick whirl to break it up so you can spread it on toast or eat it on a cracker.

LOL! I'm not talking about blending it into a shake, just a quick whirl to break it up so you can spread it on toast or eat it on a cracker.

Ah! Now that makes sense.

*Embarrassed for not realizing what Sonny was talking about.*

I was already thinking of a shake name for you: Colossal Chicken Creme?

Ah! Now that makes sense.

*Embarrassed for not realizing what Sonny was talking about.*

I was already thinking of a shake name for you: Colossal Chicken Creme?

LOL! That's nasty.

*ponders chicken smoothie*

LOL! That's nasty.

*ponders chicken smoothie*

I used to know a guy who drank tuna smoothies.

A can of tuna blended with lemon juice and water.

Ironically, he did this because he hated the taste of tuna but wanted the protein, so he figured he'd just zing it up and chug it back.

Terrible.

Back