Canelo vs Plant Nov.6th PBC Showtime PPV

Saw a clip of side by side bagwork between these two. Caleb's kickboxing background showed a lot and not in a good way. He doesn't seem able to be generate enough power to hurt Canelo and is too open to getting hit. Also I don't think he is built for power but for speed. He'll be faster than Canelo for in and out movement but I doubt he'd be able to hurt him significantly. Maybe I'm wrong.
Doesnt need power, says he's gonna piece him up like Floyd.

So, Ward is picking Plant by KO? Am I missing something? Plant by UD, fair enough.. but KO?

What if Ward comes out of retirement to fight Canelo after this at 175? That would be nuts @PUO3 would be fired up for his Bay bro. I would buy that shit no doubt.

So, Ward is picking Plant by KO? Am I missing something? Plant by UD, fair enough.. but KO?

Did he really say Plant via KO? That doesn't make any sense.

EDIT - Just read that Ward said Plant will win and it's not going 12 rounds, so i guess he did technically say it. What a strange thing to say though.

It also says that Canelo apparently dislikes Plant more than any opponent he's faced before... this fight could be quite spicy if Canelo is emotional.

Last edited:
I will be rooting for Caleb Plant. Canelo behavior is unbecoming of a champion.

What if Ward comes out of retirement to fight Canelo after this at 175? That would be nuts @PUO3 would be fired up for his Bay bro. I would buy that shit no doubt.
I think Ward can still beat most fighters his size, but I wouldnt feel great about jumping right back in with Canelo for his welcoming back to the ring.

I will be rooting for Caleb Plant. Canelo behavior is unbecoming of a champion.
Yeah, he should learn to quit on his stool or ride his bike and refuse to get off at the first sign of trouble. Put those fans asleep... like A REAL CHAMPION

I think Ward can still beat most fighters his size, but I wouldnt feel great about jumping right back in with Canelo for his welcoming back to the ring.
Wards is too smart to jump in straight away. Id have to imagine he'd play it the same as when he campaigned LHW, and at very least a tune-up. I would be thrilled if they met at LHW, one beats Bivol and the other beats Beterbiev and they unify.

...In my dreams perhaps.

I love me some Dre but he has always seemed to be unable to discuss the redhead objectively.

Nah I think Cuban's totally objective here. He's totally down the middle of the road here, no bias none at all.

I notice a sense of sarcasm here, but the reality is that I've been completely objective regarding Canelo for the last 8 years. Everything I've said about him and his abilities has been honest and fair.

Is it just me or is the undercard complete ass?

I hope Caleb can at least make it interesting.... I think he can, at least for 7-8 rounds.

Is it just me or is the undercard complete ass?

I hope Caleb can at least make it interesting.... I think he can, at least for 7-8 rounds.
I don't think he can. I think he has nothing for Canelo. I'll be truly surprised if this is a competitive fight.

I don't think he can. I think he has nothing for Canelo. I'll be truly surprised if this is a competitive fight.

Depends whether Caleb decides to fight him coming forward which will make it interesting for a few rounds, nonetheless Canelo's hand will ultimately be raised.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back