Canelo vs Plant Nov.6th PBC Showtime PPV

There's a big difference between taking someone's bombs and landing your own like he was with ggg as compared to taking someone's bombs (a hypothetical power-punching Plant in this case) and consistently missing your own. That's how you get KTFO.
If Plant was 7 foot tall he would of won too....

Respect to Plant he did all he could, fought a good fight, but if they fight 100 times Canelo wins 100.

Highest boxing gate of the year, surpassing fury vs wilder 3… that did 15.5 mil

I don't know if the convo between Plant and Canelo has been posted here yet, but I just discovered it and in my opinion this was a clear sign of weakness by Plant... Psychologically he absolutely wasn't ready to win this fight.

He was ready to look good and not get smoked early, but actually defeating Canelo? Nah... I don't think he was even close to get it done as some people suggest.

Highest boxing gate of the year, surpassing fury vs wilder 3… that did 15.5 mil
Joshua vs. Usyk did £15.8 million according to this article and was the biggest gate this year, so that's about $21.4 million. Which makes sense as AJ is a superstar and Usyk is about a good opponent as you can get. A lot of people didn't want Fury Wilder a third time and Plant is unknown to casual fans.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16199160/anthony-joshua-oleksandr-usyk-net-worth/

Last edited:
I don't know if the convo between Plant and Canelo has been posted here yet, but I just discovered it and in my opinion this was a clear sign of weakness by Plant... Psychologically he absolutely wasn't ready to win this fight.

He was ready to look good and not get smoked early, but actually defeating Canelo? Nah... I don't think he was even close to get it done as some people suggest.

Yeah when I first heard it the other day I remember thinking that he was more in there to win Canelo's respect rather than to win the fight, which is a obv a much lesser feat but it would be cool if Canelo said I was a "pretty good" fighter too, I guess. I'm sure Canelo was profoundly impacted by the flattery that Caleb Plant think's he's pretty good too.

plant didn't look like someone who came to win
overrated fight
Plant hardly threw any power punches but was landing the jab easily against Canelo who just plods forward. Canelo missed a lot of power shots even with Plant not rolling with the punches. I had Plant winning quite a few rounds. He would get Canelo backing up unprepared to defend and he still wouldn't follow up with power punches. It's really odd these much larger guys continue to fight like they are the smaller fighter...

Its frustrating. Literally all of them so far at 168 have been weak sauce, and don't give me 'they are scared of canelo', legit killers have no fear especially from a little guy like that. Really surprised its so hard to find fighters who just fkn bring it. That's why a Benavidez fight is so appealing.

Back