Rumored Canelo vs Derevyachenko Sept.14th DAZN

Caneo is ducking Tyson Fury.

Canelo is ducking Rocky Marciano he waited until he died.

Why should Canelo fight him? He has no title, is not a huge name, wont generate much money?Forproof he can beat him easier than GGG? I think that rumour is bullshit. Canelo doesnt take unnecessary risks without any reward.

Why should Canelo fight him? He has no title, is not a huge name, wont generate much money?Forproof he can beat him easier than GGG? I think that rumour is bullshit. Canelo doesnt take unnecessary risks without any reward.
Canelo fights everyone. Thats why.

Who has BJS fought?

I wanted to see Saunders get the shit kicked out of him but this is a much better fight imo.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't he undefeated? He has wins against Eubank Jr, Andy Lee, and Sulecki, too, correct? If so, not a terrible resume. Flushed a GGG fight down the toilet a couple years ago, but still.

SD is the guy that always comes up short at elite level fights. I honestly thought that the GGG vs SD fight was tight but was edged by the knockdown. Sergiy is a great fighter but some guys just don't come out on top at those high level fights. Canelo, by contrast will get every close round I'm his favour. SD would lose even if he gets the Canelo fight. It' the way it goes. In fact, I might even put money on Canelo for all his future fights. He's got all the close rounds. Can't beat those. Not even Floyd got that during his career, and when they fought he ruled Canelo.

But, I digress, BJS has better wins than SD. Either way, there is no fun in Canelo fights, call it butt hurt, but I'll actually be more right about the close rounds than anybody else and the comment thus becomes invalidated.

When is BJS getting his opportunity to outbox this guy? I'm guessing he's difficult to negotiate with?

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't he undefeated? He has wins against Eubank Jr, Andy Lee, and Sulecki, too, correct? If so, not a terrible resume. Flushed a GGG fight down the toilet a couple years ago, but still.

SD is the guy that always comes up short at elite level fights. I honestly thought that the GGG vs SD fight was tight but was edged by the knockdown. Sergiy is a great fighter but some guys just don't come out on top at those high level fights. Canelo, by contrast will get every close round I'm his favour. SD would lose even if he gets the Canelo fight. It' the way it goes. In fact, I might even put money on Canelo for all his future fights. He's got all the close rounds. Can't beat those. Not even Floyd got that during his career, and when they fought he ruled Canelo.

But, I digress, BJS has better wins than SD. Either way, there is no fun in Canelo fights, call it butt hurt, but I'll actually be more right about the close rounds than anybody else and the comment thus becomes invalidated.
I dont think undefeated means a ton when you avoid every single top fighter. I dont think much of BJS and I think he would get obliterated by Canelo. Sad we wont get to see it, few people deserve an ass beating like he does.

This is an ok fight I guess. I probably won't pay money to watch it though.

I don’t mind the Direll fight or Dery so long as it puts Canelo closer to fighting Benavidez or GGG. If Canelo isn’t fighting someone with a genuine shot at putting him on his ass or turning off his lights it’s really not compelling imo. Even in a third Golovkin fight, that would only be interesting if GGG decided to go balls to the wall a la Hagler/Hearns. Dude has to know he’s got no shot at getting a decision... right?

Everyone knows whose getting the nod in a close fight against Canelo

That’s kind of a dilemma DAZN is faced with. How you gonna bring in new subscribers if people who aren’t Canelo fans (fans of Murata, Saunders, or whomever) or aren’t already subscribers don’t think his opponent can win? Honest question

I don’t mind the Direll fight or Dery so long as it puts Canelo closer to fighting Benavidez or GGG. If Canelo isn’t fighting someone with a genuine shot at putting him on his ass or turning off his lights it’s really not compelling imo. Even in a third Golovkin fight, that would only be interesting if GGG decided to go balls to the wall a la Hagler/Hearns. Dude has to know he’s got no shot at getting a decision... right?

Everyone knows whose getting the nod in a close fight against Canelo

That’s kind of a dilemma DAZN is faced with. How you gonna bring in new subscribers if people who aren’t Canelo fans (fans of Murata, Saunders, or whomever) or aren’t already subscribers don’t think his opponent can win? Honest question
Who are these guys that have a legitimate shot at putting him on his ass or putting his lights out?

Who are these guys that have a legitimate shot at putting him on his ass or putting his lights out?

What? I named them dude. David Benavidez and GGG (with the qualifier that he goes balls to the wall). And that’s just the guys at 160-168.

Nobody else from 160-168 is even a remotely compelling matchup for ginger.

Like I said: if you can’t knock him down or sleep him, don’t even bother showing up, cause your not winning on the cards if your not a Floyd level name. And I’d include Andre Ward in that estimation, so come at me

Last edited:
What? I named them dude. David Benavidez and GGG (with the qualifier that he goes balls to the wall). And that’s just the guys at 160-168.

Nobody else from 160-168 is even a remotely compelling matchup for ginger.

Like I said: if you can’t knock him down or sleep him, don’t even bother showing up, cause your not winning on the cards if your not a Floyd level name. And I’d include Andre Ward in that estimation, so come at me
Gotcha. I misinterpreted what you were saying.

Gotcha. I misinterpreted what you were saying.

Domt sweat it. I’ve been known to misinterpret what others are saying from time to time too. Think we clearly see eye to eye on wanting to see Canelo in a good fight sooner rather than later (fingers crossed).

Domt sweat it. I’ve been known to misinterpret what others are saying from time to time too. Think we clearly see eye to eye on wanting to see Canelo in a good fight sooner rather than later (fingers crossed).
For sure. Its just tough because the pickings are very slim right now of guys I think could actually dethrone him. Like this is a good fight, but Canelo is a wide favorite so it takes some luster off if it.

Similar to Floyd, Canelo is just in a place and time where there's very few match ups where he won't be at the very least a fairly significant favorite. Doesn't mean he isn't fighting decent comp. It just takes a lot to match w/ his stock atm.

For sure. Its just tough because the pickings are very slim right now of guys I think could actually dethrone him. Like this is a good fight, but Canelo is a wide favorite so it takes some luster off if it.

Similar to Floyd, Canelo is just in a place and time where there's very few match ups where he won't be at the very least a fairly significant favorite. Doesn't mean he isn't fighting decent comp. It just takes a lot to match w/ his stock atm.

Ditto. He’s becoming a victim of his own success. He eats big punches like skittles so nobody has put a dent in his armor. And the system hasn’t worked against him like its done to even Manny once or twice. So it’s tough to see who can beat him.

By compare, Floyd was the Money man and clearly the best boxer on the planet for most of his reign but the fact that nobody ever teed off on him left a little smidgen of doubt as to wether he could handle a big shot or two. So you always went into his fights thinking that if the other guy could maybe land a couple of big shots... who knows?

Canelo: very few credible threats, options, indeed. Not his fault

I still cant believe he ate those punches from Golovkin and Jacobs like they were nothing but a stiff breeze. Those shots knockout most anyone they land on lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back