Rumored Canelo vs Derevyachenko Sept.14th DAZN

Lol for real?

Edit: because other fights like BJS were on deck and I would have preferred those. SD struggled against old man GGG (who struggled as well).

I dont know what to think of this fight, SD is not a name, he is or has been the dark horse at 160, old but highly skilled, he made GGG look bad and gave Jacobs a tough outgoing so I guess it’s a good fight, there kind of is a high risk low reward vibe in this fight but Canelo is in the pinnacle of his prime plus its at 168 so its doubtful SD shocks the world, but still, odd fight if it does get made

I dont know what to think of this fight, SD is not a name, he is or has been the dark horse at 160, old but highly skilled, he made GGG look bad and gave Jacobs a tough outgoing so I guess it’s a good fight, there kind of is a high risk low reward vibe in this fight but Canelo is in the pinnacle of his prime plus its at 168 so its doubtful SD shocks the world, but still, odd fight if it does get made
is it for canelo's secondary title? lol

If this was at 160 it would actually be a pretty solid fight considering how Derevyanchenko looked against Golovkin in his last outing and prior to that against Jacobs. However, Derevyanchenko is on the small side at Middleweight as it is and he's 34. Super Middleweight doesn't make sense for him competitively but that's where the money is right now in fighting Canelo.

I like Derevianchenkoand I'm glad he's gonna get paid if this fight happens but poor dude is about to be 0-3 in big fights

I know a lot of people felt Derevianchenko beat Golovkin but is that really gonna generate big numbers for Canelo and DAZN?

This isn’t t the type of fight likely to make me renew but I guess it might please some people. I wonder what happened to JBS.

I mean if this happens and people still complain about canelo after this this guy wrecked golovkin should be an extremely interesting fight.

Risky fight, I'll take whatever they give me though.

This is a good fight.

I like GGG, but I believe he lost vs. Derevyachenko. Won't be an easy task for Alvarez, but I think he gets the job done.

Lol for real?

Edit: because other fights like BJS were on deck and I would have preferred those. SD struggled against old man GGG (who struggled as well).
Who has BJS fought?

I wanted to see Saunders get the shit kicked out of him but this is a much better fight imo.

Who has BJS fought?

I wanted to see Saunders get the shit kicked out of him but this is a much better fight imo.
i hate BJS with a passion, but canelo would have had a harder time with him than he will with derevyachenko.

dere will stand and fight with canelo, and he can't win that. BJS would've boxed him. he would have lost, but i suspect he'd look good in spots. as much as it pains me to say it (because he's a monumental piece of shit), he's a slick boxer.

Gonna be a fun one if you like body shots. I love me some body shots so I'm sure I'll enjoy this one.

i hate BJS with a passion, but canelo would have had a harder time with him than he will with derevyachenko.

dere will stand and fight with canelo, and he can't win that. BJS would've boxed him. he would have lost, but i suspect he'd look good in spots. as much as it pains me to say it (because he's a monumental piece of shit), he's a slick boxer.
I think BJS would have had to run for his life to avoid getting destroyed. Canelo has beaten far better boxers than Saunders imo.

I guess it could be worse.
https://www.boxingscene.com/golden-boy-considering-anthony-dirrell-canelo-next-opponent--149284

These promoters don’t seem to get it. They need to come back strong if the sport is going to survive in any sort of big time way. I’ll be honest, I haven’t missed sports over the last few months and if the offerings aren’t better than this shit I’m likely done for good.

Completely agree. They’re pussy foooting like they're the NFL or NBA and the audience is just going to be their. Thinking that they can just hedge their risks until next year when this thing blows over (?) and the live gate comes back. Do they even realize they’re fighting for relevance, eyeballs, their whole business model right now? They’re getting outflanked by a combat sports league headed by a former boxcersize coach (while DiBella and Arum, that I know of, have Ivy League credentials and decades of experience). Shame.

Canelo is ducking ggg, Charlo, Smith and andrade

Canelo is ducking ggg, Charlo, Smith and andrade

The Charlos throw some of the nastiest uppercuts in the game. I think Canelo beats Jermall but I’d love to see it. Canelo took a few big uppercuts from GGG, maybe Jacobs iirc, but i think Charlo is more dangerous with them than either of those guys. Would be a fun fight while it lasted.

Back