• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Canelo vs Bivol DAZN PPV May7th

Status
Not open for further replies.
As predicted, this was the best opponent Canelo had faced since Golovkin. I dismissed everyone in between for a reason.

They weren't good, Bivol was.

Last edited:
Bivol performed brilliantly from start to finish tonight against Canelo. I chuckled a bit at the scorecards. The fix was definitely in. Towards the end of the fight Canelo began to gas; his output was pathetic, and turned into a headhunter as desperation set in. I believe that if Bivol had taken more risks he may have even finished Canelo towards the end. Bivol was so much sharper, accurate, and disciplined. I do not see Canelo winning the rematch.

I do give Canelo major props for actually stepping up and taking this fight. Bivol was easily the toughest opponent he could face.

How is Bivol tougher than Beterbiev? From what we've seen tonight, if Bivol with his limited power hurt and gassed Canelo like he did with peppering jabs, does anyone expect Canelo to survive Beterbiev?

I think Canelo has one of the best chins, but that would have been a much tougher stylistic fight for him on paper. They incorrectly banked on Bivol not being able to hurt him for this one and Canelo being able to walk him down.

Last edited:
People calling Bivol, a real LHW not a challenge for Canelo. Lmao...this was one of the biggest if not the biggest fight of the year for a reason

Canelo bit off a little more than he could chew this time. His adventures through weight classes caught up with him. I thought he fought well at points and showed good defense but got worn out when his power shots didn't affect Bivol much. This certainly wore him out physically and mentally. He should get credit for taking this tough fight, he isn't a true light heavyweight. We already knew that and tonight it was on display. Credit to bivol for a solid performance.

I'm mad I didn't bet on this. I was quite confident Bivol would pull the upset but didn't wanna risk any money considering the judging history of Canelo fights lol. Oh well...it is what it is.
I figured there was no way Bivol would get a decision that's why I also didn't bet on Bivol.

I'm not going to act like I knew for sure Bivol would win, but I thought he was good enough to be a live underdog and be competitive.

I thought Bivol's win was even more dominant than Triple G. Bivol barely got hit in the entire fight. He also landed way more punches than Canelo.
Yes that's the point the 1st GGG fight was close and eons ago....This fight was not close and happened just now.
I wish people would STFU about the 1st GGG fight.

Not too dissimilar to Usyk in the build up to fighting Joshua really. Everyone counted Usyk out due to subpar performances at HW, when it was evident that Usyk does exactly enough to win and nothing more. He was clearly going to step it up against Joshua and he did, and if he pushed harder he would have gotten the KO.

Bivol fights different to Usyk but he has the same thing of doing just enough to beat his opponent and not a hair more, and that's what he did last night. Congrats to Bivol, that jab worked wonders.

I had it 116-112 for Bivol, but the scorecards don't bother me because the right guy won.

lol@ the folks saying canelo would walk through bivol, what a domination

Yes that's the point the 1st GGG fight was close and eons ago....This fight was not close and happened just now.
I wish people would STFU about the 1st GGG fight.

Ya well, i watched it in a packed bar and I can count on 1 hand the amount of people who thought Canelo won that fight. Im sure 2 of them were mexican. I personally had that shit 116-112 for GGG. Even the 2nd fight I scored for GGG but that time I had 115-113. I wouldnt have been upset if it was a draw.

Bivol should have won by a 118-110 margin at the very least.

Whether we get Bivol vs Canelo 2, or Bivol vs Beterbiev/Smith winner, i just hope Putin doesn't demand Bivol comes to Russia to celebrate.

I know it sounds silly but that could really screw things up.

That's nothing unusual. Boxers experience their own fights from a different angle than we do in front of our screens.
And its not like he was getting beaten up by Bivol. He got outboxed from distance.

Last edited:
Bivol executed 100%. Canelo hast had a Problem with his reach..... and that boxschool style Bivot excells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back