Canelo still firm on not facing Mexican fighters

His resume speaks for itself, anyone who thinks hes ducking tough fights at this point is just a hater, and I actually see his point of view. And like he says, doesn't rule it out.

Why? Like I said I see his POV... I THINK... seems not to want to derail career of fellow Mexicans for a payday. Whether it be for national pride and unity or to never cause a divide in his fanbase where he comes from, who knows. I personally think a little of each and no harm. Lots of fighters around the world. Just keep taking big fights, no problems here.

Reminds me of accusations towards Mayweather never facing a certain type of fighter, and Ill leave it that for the description of accusation, because it is so stupid. How silly. Doesn't matter who he felt like fighting, his resume was still stacked to the gills.

Munguia doesn’t bring up any asset over 154. Canelo takes his soul.

As for Ramirez let’s see how he handles Browne first.

Does he consider benavidez mexican since he was born in the us? Anyways this is a stupid mindset to have. I can understand if you're from some small obscure country that doesnt have a lot of people representing at the high level. But were talking about mexican boxing, that's like an american or British person saying they arent going to fight anyone from their country

His resume speaks for itself, anyone who thinks hes ducking tough fights at this point is just a hater, and I actually see his point of view. And like he says, doesn't rule it out.

Why? Like I said I see his POV... I THINK... seems not to want to derail career of fellow Mexicans for a payday. Whether it be for national pride and unity or to never cause a divide in his fanbase where he comes from, who knows. I personally think a little of each and no harm. Lots of fighters around the world. Just keep taking big fights, no problems here.

Reminds me of accusations towards Mayweather never facing a certain type of fighter, and Ill leave it that for the description of accusation, because it is so stupid. How silly. Doesn't matter who he felt like fighting, his resume was still stacked to the gills.

I don't think anyone is saying he doesn't fight some of these guys eventually. The timing of some of his biggest wins came when these guys were already sliding: Mosley, Cotto, GGG, Kovalev. Both truths can exist in one place.

I still argue his best wins were Lara, Trout, and Jacobs, in that order (and although I'm glad he took that fight because nobody wanted it, that Lara win could have gone either way).

Didnt he fight Chavez? He knows Benavidez is too much for him.

The best fighters in and around his weight aren’t Mexican, so it’s not really an issue

Must be nice to have an excuse not to face the best fighters in the world.

Imagine if Ali refused to fight other black fighters.

Well there are plenty of good fighters out there for Canelo to fight. So he doesnt have to fight a mexican for the time being. 2021 he is gonna fight BJS and Plant anyway. So no problem with that, although i gotta say i dont really understand his way of thinking. He had no problem fighting Chavez Jr.

Well, I was watching a video of him recently and think he'd take issue with your opinion.

Well, Canelo likely won't consider him one, which is what matters here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back