Canelo resume' best active fighter?

Well its clearly Pac

After that it’s Sor Rungvisai, Canelo, Estrada and Chocolatito and it bounces around who is tops

Like the title says, is there anyone in boxing right now with a resume' as impressive as Canelo's?

He's a shithead for the drugs cheating/tainted meat malarkey, but he has had an amazing career thus far and is still only 28.
He's the best P4P fighter by a mile. Its clownish that people will try to claim Crawford or Lomachenko have better resumes than Canelo.

Can't even comprehend the level of delusion it takes to claim that Crawford or Lomachenko have a better resume than Canelo or should be ahead of him in the pound for pound rankings. Absolutely idiotic.

Can't even comprehend the level of delusion it takes to claim that Crawford or Lomachenko have a better resume than Canelo or should be ahead of him in the pound for pound rankings. Absolutely idiotic.
Top Rank promotion. Top Rank are masters of this shit. Got to give them credit.

I think getting 12-0'd by Floyd has to subtract a big amount of resume points. You can't get all the upside of a big win without any of the downside of getting absolutely dominated.

Then he's got a couple of close decisions over non-A level boxers in Trout and Lara.

Then he's got a draw against a 35 year old Golovkin who he waited on until he showed decline (and most thought it was an L anyway) and a very close win against a 36 year old Golovkin.

Jacobs was a close win over a guy who hadn't looked good at all post GGG.

I don't see a career defining win over a prime ATG or a dominant win over a very good fighter.

All his decent wins are razor close (at best).

Loma, for example, hasn't fought as many top guys but his wins are far more impressive. He made two very good fighters quite because of sheer dominance. None of his wins were controversial or even very close. And he never got whitewashed in a fight either.

He was still growing and has improved bounds since the Mayweather fight and even though he is getting a lot of close decisions (most of which he deserves), he isn't cherry picking fights and actually fighting the best in his division all while improving as a fighter. The fact that he is fighting fighters like Lara (definitely an A-Level boxer?!) is why he is building himself a legendary resume. All while the other p4p ranked fighters are still yet to fighter their main contender in their own division (Loma / Garcia, Spence / Crawford, Joshua / Wilder / Fury).

I rank a record that has close wins and even losses in a much higher regards than a undefeated padded one no matter how unbeatable they look.

Great resume, but I feel we've been here before.
Well its clearly Pac

After that it’s Sor Rungvisai, Canelo, Estrada and Chocolatito and it bounces around who is tops

I was just going to say, is Pacquiao retired ? Because if not, his resume blows Canelo's out of the water!

What ya think about last nights Canelo. After seeing him fade the last half and watching his fight with Floyd right after I was convinced Floyd would beat any version of Canelo. Canelo had a bit of trouble with Jacobs movement but when you compare him to Floyd especially his jab the man looked fucking Mach 2 in there.

Yea, I dont think Canelo has anything for Floyd. Some will say Floyd made him cut to 152, but Floyd is just a terrible match up for him. Canelo is too slow with his feet.

Floyd gets in, throwe]s a jab, and gets out before Canelo can even react

Last edited:
Great resume, but I feel we've been here before.

I was just going to say, is Pacquiao retired ? Because if not, his resume blows Canelo's out of the water!
nah he's not retierd at all

I wouldn't go that far
Juanma, perhaps? Other than that who? Gamboa beat him. Every elite level opponent he fought beat him., except for Lomachenko.

Second to Pac. It's baffling to me that he isn't the universally recognised p4p #1. His win over GGG alone is much better than any name that Crawford, Inoue, Loma, Usyk or whoever else is in the discussion have.

You can argue p4p because it’s subjective. Resumes are not.

Canelo makes fights. One of the few out there today who does so.

Juanma, perhaps? Other than that who? Gamboa beat him. Every elite level opponent he fought beat him., except for Lomachenko.
yeah JuanMa. He also beat Guerrero if I remember correctly, though he failed a drug test after

Lets put the Salido loss in context. It was Loma's second pro fight, Salido came in way over weight and landed 100 low blows on Lomachenko whilst only being warned one time for low blows the entire fight. Yeah doesn't look like a legit loss when you put it in context does it? The Salido loss is not legit at all, only Loma haters would claim otherwise.

Lets put the Salido loss in context. It was Loma's second pro fight, Salido came in way over weight and landed 100 low blows on Lomachenko whilst only being warned one time for low blows the entire fight. Yeah doesn't look like a legit loss when you put it in context does it? The Salido loss is not legit at all, only Loma haters would claim otherwise.
Just checked boxrec, still says its a loss.
Lets not make excuses for it. He got a title shot he didn't earn and got punked. He was also holding all through the fight. Since then he's fought b listers and second stringers, aside from Gary Russel.

The Salido loss is indeed legit.

Even if you erased that loss, Canelo's resume is miles deeper.

When its all said and done, Canelos resume will be better than Pacquiaos

Canelo has the best resume out of everybody rn, no doubt. It's esp impressive given his age. He is a true wunderkind in that regard.

Ko'ing that that incestuous pedophile Baldomir is my favorite win of his, considering the opposition. For some reason I just found that out the other day so it's why I mention it. What a fucking scumbag. Canelo really knocked that pos for a loop.

WateryAlienatedEastrussiancoursinghounds-size_restricted.gif

You can argue p4p because it’s subjective. Resumes are not.

Canelo makes fights. One of the few out there today who does so.

I got hell for saying even if Crawford got sone Names in lighter divisions he has to prove himself at WW.

3-5 Jorge Juarez beat Canelo's ass and was robbed on June 17, 2006.

Back