Canelo resume' best active fighter?

BillytheFish

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Like the title says, is there anyone in boxing right now with a resume' as impressive as Canelo's?

He's a shithead for the drugs cheating/tainted meat malarkey, but he has had an amazing career thus far and is still only 28.

Second to Pacquiao.

I think getting 12-0'd by Floyd has to subtract a big amount of resume points. You can't get all the upside of a big win without any of the downside of getting absolutely dominated.

Then he's got a couple of close decisions over non-A level boxers in Trout and Lara.

Then he's got a draw against a 35 year old Golovkin who he waited on until he showed decline (and most thought it was an L anyway) and a very close win against a 36 year old Golovkin.

Jacobs was a close win over a guy who hadn't looked good at all post GGG.

I don't see a career defining win over a prime ATG or a dominant win over a very good fighter.

All his decent wins are razor close (at best).

Loma, for example, hasn't fought as many top guys but his wins are far more impressive. He made two very good fighters quite because of sheer dominance. None of his wins were controversial or even very close. And he never got whitewashed in a fight either.

Last edited:
I think getting 12-0'd by Floyd has to subtract a big amount of resume points. You can't get all the upside of a big win without any of the downside of getting absolutely dominated.

Then he's got a couple of close decisions over non-A level boxers in Trout and Lara.

Then he's got a draw against a 35 year old Golovkin who he waited on until he showed decline (and most thought it was an L anyway) and a very close win against a 36 year old Golovkin.

Jacobs hadn't looked good at all post GGG either.

I don't see a career defining win over a prime ATG or a dominant win over a very good fighter.

Loma, for example, hasn't fought as many top guys but his wins are far more impressive. He made two very good fighters quite because of sheer dominance. None of his good wins were controversial. And he never got whitewashed in a fighter either.

Are you a hater?

Like the title says, is there anyone in boxing right now with a resume' as impressive as Canelo's?

He's a shithead for the drugs cheating/tainted meat malarkey, but he has had an amazing career thus far and is still only 28.
Pac's is definitely better but he's so old it hardly counts. Canelo's is certainly the best of any prime fighter.

Too much close and boring fights for all that, he still has one of the best IQs and coaches in the game though

If it wasn't for the failed drug test I could say yes but the fact he was cheating just destroys his legacy

I think getting 12-0'd by Floyd has to subtract a big amount of resume points.

Well, he didn't get 12-0'd.

And you can pick apart Loma's record too if you're going to apply that same level of cynicism. Canelo's win over GGG is very clearly better than any single win on Lomachenko's record and by a good margin. Even Jacobs is probably a better fighter than anyone Lomachenko has beaten, apart from Rigondeaux who was very undersized in the Lomachenko fight.

What matters about the Floyd fight is how much Canelo grew from it. Apart from Pac, I do think he has the best resume and you have to credit him for consistently taking some tough fights. I still object to both GGG fights but to each their own on that one. Those two are clearly the best in the game imo, so just getting those fights to happen feels like a win for everyone.

Jacobs was a close win over a guy who hadn't looked good at all post GGG.

Loma, for example, hasn't fought as many top guys but his wins are far more impressive. He made two very good fighters quite because of sheer dominance. None of his wins were controversial or even very close. And he never got whitewashed in a fight either.
Lmao Loma was dropped by Linares... Canelo has beaten the best fighters in his division consistently while Loma looks great against the Anthony Crolla's of his division, Canelo is easily p4p #1.

Lmao Loma was dropped by Linares... Canelo has beaten the best fighters in his division consistently while Loma looks great against the Anthony Crolla's of his division, Canelo is easily p4p #1.

Loma made a boogyman and gold medalist quit. Canelo has never had as dominant wins against as good opposition and it's not close.

Well, he didn't get 12-0'd.

And you can pick apart Loma's record too if you're going to apply that same level of cynicism. Canelo's win over GGG is very clearly better than any single win on Lomachenko's record and by a good margin. Even Jacobs is probably a better fighter than anyone Lomachenko has beaten, apart from Rigondeaux who was very undersized in the Lomachenko fight.

I disagree. He played weight games to duck GGG until he saw GGG started to slip at 35. Then he draw'd him in a match most thought he lost. Then he waited until GGG was a year + older and squeaked out a very narrow victory.

He's never dominated opponents as good as Loma has dominated. Every single one of his wins against a good opponent has been super close, if not questionable.

Lol, Loma lost to Salido and Canelo lost to the GOAT.

Gtfo of here with your shit posting

I disagree. He played weight games to duck GGG until he saw GGG started to slip at 35. Then he draw'd him in a match most thought he lost. Then he waited until GGG was a year + older and squeaked out a very narrow victory.

He's never dominated opponents as good as Loma has dominated. Every single one of his wins against a good opponent has been super close, if not questionable.
lmao Loma fought an old undersized Rigo.... your arguments have 0 logic.

Lol, Loma lost to Salido and Canelo lost to the GOAT.

Gtfo of here with your shit posting

What ya think about last nights Canelo. After seeing him fade the last half and watching his fight with Floyd right after I was convinced Floyd would beat any version of Canelo. Canelo had a bit of trouble with Jacobs movement but when you compare him to Floyd especially his jab the man looked fucking Mach 2 in there.

Back