News Canelo is probably going to fight Kovalev

Who wins

• Total voters
Hell play the speed game. Additional size will do zero for him, and if anything would likely hurt him in late rounds. Cant risk that against a giant puncher.

Kova’s jab and power vs Canelo’s head movement and body work is a tremendous matchup.

Agreed, but it does look like Kovalev is facing Yarde. Are we talking after that bout, I assume? Or is this fight (Canelo/Kovalev) now not on the table, really?
https://www.boxingscene.com/andre-ward-not-convinced-yarde-ready-sergey-kovalev--140861

That’s a short turnaround if he wants to go on Sept 14.
Given the rumors of Kova getting lazy out of camp it may be for the best. That is of course assuming he doesnt go through a war in this upcoming fight.

I believe the plan is after Kova finishes that one (if he wins).
Gotcha. Later in the year. I'd love to see that fight, would hope they don't drain Kovalev to 170, though. At this stage in his career, that seems a tall order. And 175/no re-hydration and I still favor Canelo and that is what would really put him one step higher on his mountain. I think he's pretty much #1

Shit, no edit with dubs and hit post too soon. #1 most recognizable boxer worldwide and this would seal it. Even casuals would know Canelo now rules the sport.

Gotcha. Later in the year. I'd love to see that fight, would hope they don't drain Kovalev to 170, though. At this stage in his career, that seems a tall order. And 175/no re-hydration and I still favor Canelo and that is what would really put him one step higher on his mountain. I think he's pretty much #1
Its supposed to be for the title so folks were saying it has to be the full weight class limit.

Its supposed to be for the title so folks were saying it has to be the full weight class limit.

Oh, then I'm all-in on wanting to see that come to fruition. That would be a great fight, huge stones on Canelo to go up to 175 for this one. I think his timing is right and his body work will carry the day, but it's not a cherry pick and definitely has its dangers for him.

Oh, then I'm all-in on wanting to see that come to fruition. That would be a great fight, huge stones on Canelo to go up to 175 for this one. I think his timing is right and his body work will carry the day, but it's not a cherry pick and definitely has its dangers for him.

Well, connecting this thread to the infamous Floyd-Pac 2 you bumped, let’s say this fight is better for one or two dozen reasons.

I think Canelo destroys Kovalev's body

Jesus Canelos looking to go down as one of the best ever.
Anyone thinking this scenario happens....
Canelo stops Kovalev in the 6-8th rounds.....
Ward comes back for a tune up.
Canelo-Ward 2020?
Maybe 2021
If only.......
Ward stops Canelo, bot go into the Hall Of Fame though.

Canelo is skilled enough to pull it off, has way more balls than Kovalev and will test him the way Ward did.

Well, connecting this thread to the infamous Floyd-Pac 2 you bumped, let’s say this fight is better for one or two dozen reasons.

lol
I could have used the non thread-worthy thread, but I just bumped that one because I can't start one and hadn't thought of the other (non thread-worthy) one at the time. Once I get rid of the dubs in a couple weeks, I'll start a whole new "Mayweather/Pacquiao 2!!!?" baseless speculation thread, tag @Hagler in the OP and act like you asked me to make it.
Good?

I don't think thats true. Pretty sure as long as its over the super middle limit, then they can fight where they want. Canelo won the MW title in a CW fight.

I don’t think this is going ahead, at least not in September. I can’t see DAZN making a fight that has a real chance of being derailed just three weeks before it’s supposed to happen. What would they do if Kovalev lost to Yarde? I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Munguia or Andrade next.

lol
I could have used the non thread-worthy thread, but I just bumped that one because I can't start one and hadn't thought of the other (non thread-worthy) one at the time. Once I get rid of the dubs in a couple weeks, I'll start a whole new "Mayweather/Pacquiao 2!!!?" baseless speculation thread, tag @Hagler in the OP and act like you asked me to make it.
Good?

I’ll greatly enjoy it. Sounds like a plan.

Al
exactly what I was thinking he is always fighting bigger guys if this happens I am going to be super excited.
always? The same canelo who became a middleweight champ with out actually fighting a middle weight,

I don't think thats true. Pretty sure as long as its over the super middle limit, then they can fight where they want. Canelo won the MW title in a CW fight.
Well then I have no idea.

Not that I really care. If the fighters agree to a catchweight than why should I give a damn imo.

getting busted for PEDs and acting like a monumental cunt in the aftermath of the failed test is what tainted the appeal to me. having ridiculous scorecards consistently turned in his favour is another issue.

as far as his performances go, he's pretty dope. and he does take difficult fights.
Not to mention he fought a welterweight at a catchweight for the vacant mw title then turned around and fought khan for his next title defense. What a joke

The size of brass nuts on Canelo if this comes to be. He really is chasing greatness. Were seeing an ATG in the making.

Cant wait for the inevitable critics to come in and complain about it lol.

I do not see how you can criticize this in any way shape or form, this takes balls and it would be a superb fight for him (I think it would ultimately be too much for him). What a shame that clenelo came to the light because this is Fantastic.

Back