News Canelo is probably going to fight Kovalev

Who wins

• Total voters
can a mod maybe change the rumor part to news or whatever.

Kovalev's team know DAZN need big fights and they need an opponent for Canelo's september date soon as he's about to start camp. I guess thats why they're pushing their price up. will be very exciting if it happens.

Kovalev's team know DAZN need big fights and they need an opponent for Canelo's september date soon as he's about to start camp. I guess thats why they're pushing their price up. will be very exciting if it happens.
Great for all parties. Kova gets a career payday and we get a huge fight.

I already think he is p4p #1. But if he beats Kovalev, he is without a doubt #1, and anyone who says otherwise should be laughed at.

Even if he makes Kovalev come down to 170 catch weight AND has a re-hydration clause? I think it should be 175.

Even if he makes Kovalev come down to 170 catch weight AND has a re-hydration clause? I think it should be 175.

As far as I know, it is at 175 now.

I still would think Canelo is #1 tho, since I already do, and both TC and Loma don't have fights coming up that would change that. I am actually surprised TC doesn't have a fight lined up. I was hoping he would fight 2 more times this year since the Khan fight was a breeze... but at this point, hopefully he has at least 1 fight

I'd say Canelo can do it. Kovalev doesn't like getting hit in the body and Canelo digs hard to the body.

Meh, I don't get why people care. Kovalev is free to turn down the fight.

This is a good fight at 175 or 170. Canelo bodies the fuck out of Kov either way.

Meh, I don't get why people care. Kovalev is free to turn down the fight.

Fair enough, and I guess it was all talk and innerweb blather anyway.

Can't edit. At the same time, we all also know it's not quite THAT simple when someone dangles a career payday in front of you. Guys are willing to take fights with stipulations that don't make a lot of sense for them if the money is big enough.

If it happens I think Canelo would be best served making weight easily and being fresh for the fight rather than bulking up another 10 pounds.

If it happens I think Canelo would be best served making weight easily and being fresh for the fight rather than bulking up another 10 pounds.
Hell play the speed game. Additional size will do zero for him, and if anything would likely hurt him in late rounds. Cant risk that against a giant puncher.

Kova’s jab and power vs Canelo’s head movement and body work is a tremendous matchup.

Back