News Canelo is probably going to fight Kovalev

Who wins

• Total voters
is him waiting for kovalev really the reason? or is his bad knee causing problems?

I don’t even think kovalev beats yarde
I checked out some footage of Yarde today and he looks powerful to say the least. I don’t think the Kovalev of even a year ago would have any trouble with him, but I’m not sure about now. I won’t be surprised if an upset occurs. Now will Canelo fight Yarde if that happens?

Last edited:
I haven't been following closing but does this mean he will vacate/be stripped of his his IBF belt?
I’m not sure if they’d have grounds to strip him seeing as he hasn’t signed to fight anyone yet. I imagine if he fights someone at 160 who isn’t the IBF mandatory they might strip him.

So how much more tainted meat can Canelo consume to make this fight even steven?

Canelo will be an all time great and you'll love him for it.

He was humiliated by Mayweather and never convincingly beat GGG in the eyes many......the other good fighters he beat were washed up by the time he got to em.
Oh, let's not forget his "substance" usage .

That's not all time great status.

Golden boy promotions can do a lot, but they can't erase history and they certainly can't hide the truth.

He was humiliated by Mayweather and never convincingly beat GGG in the eyes many......the other good fighters he beat were washed up by the time he got to em.

Golden boy promotions can do a lot, but they can't erase history and they certainly can't hide the truth.
Lol

He wasn't humiliated, and if anything that fight made him who he is.
He was young and green.
Mayweather wouldnt fight todays Canelo. Too big and good, yet Prime Floyd could probably handle 160lb Canelo, but it would be very close.
But If Canelo fights Kov and wins its further certifies his resume.
Add up the names. Cotto, Lara, GGG, Trout, Mosley, Khan, Chavez Jr, Kirkland for the fuck of it.
Heavy resume.

He wasn't humiliated, and if anything that fight made him who he is.
He was young and green.
Mayweather wouldnt fight todays Canelo. Too big and good, yet Prime Floyd could probably handle 160lb Canelo, but it would be very close.
But If Canelo fights Kov and wins its further certifies his resume.
Add up the names. Cotto, Lara, GGG, Trout, Mosley, Khan, Chavez Jr, Kirkland for the fuck of it.
Heavy resume.

For some reason people easily diss the second best resume among active fighters. Go figure.

I checked out some footage of Yarde today and he looks powerful to say the least. I don’t think the Kovalev of even a year ago would have any trouble with him, but I’m not sure about now. I won’t be surprised if an upset occurs. Now will Canelo fight Yarde if that happens?
meh, yarde looks like a beast (i mean how the fuck does he even make 175?!), but i don't think he's really been fighting anyone who wanted to fight back.

kovalev isn't just going to let him unload right hooks, he'll keep him at the end of his jab and show him some power with the right any time yarde opens up. if yarde does beat kovalev, i'll eat my words and we'll have another beastly specimen at the top of the division, but the guy just strikes me as a bully, and i expect him to get a dose of his own medicine with kovalev.

meh, yarde looks like a beast (i mean how the fuck does he even make 175?!), but i don't think he's really been fighting anyone who wanted to fight back.

kovalev isn't just going to let him unload right hooks, he'll keep him at the end of his jab and show him some power with the right any time yarde opens up. if yarde does beat kovalev, i'll eat my words and we'll have another beastly specimen at the top of the division, but the guy just strikes me as a bully, and i expect him to get a dose of his own medicine with kovalev.
I think kovalev might have slipped enough that a comparatively crude brute like Yarde can take him. Apart from age related decline, knowing a Canelo fight is in the offing has to be a distraction, too. We could be looking at at Donald Curry/Lloyd Honeygan scenario.
I would like Kov to win, though. A fight against Canelo at 175 is a very, very interesting proposition. Canelo would be the favourite, but he could also get his head taken off.

I voted first.

Woo-hoo.

I voted canelito he's is easily becoming my fav fighter now.

Back