Canelo GGG trilogy 9/12

Who wins?

• Total voters

PUO3

You are a can.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Welp. Here we go again. I think Golovkin gets smoked on this go around. Hope he earns a boat load of cash to go out with for his family.

Also, lol @ the troll who kept saying Canelo was still ducking Golovkin despite having fought him twice already, and now doing a third.

Too late for GGG. He will most likely lose convincingly this time. Would rather not see a third.

This one likely has a "terribly definitive" result, theres that at least lol

Oh, crap.

Golovkin comes in all beefed up, scores an early KD, and gets his ass handed to him until he lands one hell of a one-punch KO.

Hope he earns a boat load of cash to go out with for his family.

He's getting 100m for 6 fights... and I predict he's going to sign a new DAZN deal after that and continue to damage his brain.

Man man I’m a huge golovkin fan but I don’t want to see this fight, I think it ends bad for GGG

Can't wait to see everyone up canelos nuts for landing 2 partially blocked body shots a round

I'm a GGG stan but he's too old. I thought Canelo clearly took the rematch, unfortunately this will probably be an even more convincing victory for Cinnamon considering that he'll be even older and I feel like he's already showing his age in regards to not being able to get his power shots off consistently like he was able to do several years ago in/near his prime.

Not gonna lie, tho, I'm still fairly excited, they have brought it for both fights, they're both future first ballot hof'ers and a cpl of the best mw's we've seen in this generation. Even if GGG is on the downside of his career, I'll still be watching and hoping for an upset by my boy Gennady Gennadyevich Golovkin!

He's getting 100m for 6 fights... and I predict he's going to sign a new DAZN deal after that and continue to damage his brain.
I dont think he finishes that contract.

Why?
He hasn't been knocked out or even knocked down once so far... He can have 4 more fights.

A third Canelo paycheck is decent cashout money, and the likely decisive loss he’ll get at 38 questions his stardom. He doesn’t look like he’d be happy being a gatekeeper or a stepping stone. I for one think he deserves better.

Too late for GGG. He will most likely lose convincingly this time. Would rather not see a third.
Yeah this is how I see it. Canelo is in his prime, GGG is fading each fight and Canelo, the tactician and more versatile fighter knows how to beat GGG.

A third Canelo paycheck is decent cashout money, and the likely decisive loss at 38 questions his stardom. He doesn’t look like he’d be happy being a gatekeeper or a stepping stone. I for one think he deserves better.
This

Canelo's stocks have risen since the official results of their 2 fights and GGG's have fallen
which isn't really fair IMO because they were close as hell and GGG gave him all that he could/couldn't handle in
the twilight of his career which is a testament of his level.

A third fight would only bring down further GGG's standing in middleweight that IMO should be very high.

A third Canelo paycheck is decent cashout money, and the likely decisive loss he’ll get at 38 questions his stardom. He doesn’t look like he’d be happy being a gatekeeper or a stepping stone. I for one think he deserves better.
which makes me wonder why he insists on fighting canelo again.

as far as i'm concerned, he won the first fight convincingly. but he was already getting up there in age then, and it showed when they rematched. the third fight is just going to be canelo beating him up, and i can't for the life of me figure out how golovkin thinks he's going to win.

it can't be the money. he's made more than enough to comfortably retire and have his family taken care of. he must believe he can beat this guy, and it's not happening.

I know a lot of guys argue GGG won that fight. Believe me, I was rooting for him but I've scored it several times and I just don't see it. I didn't like his gameplan, I thought he looked a bit washed compared to his normal self and couldn't pull the trigger when he wanted/needed to.

It was a good fight but I've talked to a lot of hardcore boxnig guys and I'm far from the only guy who thinks Canelo kinda took it to him in the rematch. The first fight, he got a raw deal, second fight I thought he lost clearly. I hate saying it but that's my opinion, have to call em like I see em.

Back