• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Canelo: Charlo, yes. Benavidez, yes. Plant, yes. Andrade, no.

The problem is that you viewed it as a diatribe, when it was adding an observation--actually two--about GGG and about Canelo's footwork. Not every reply is an attack. Safe travels.

Again, doesn't relate at all.

I don't think you and I see eye to eye at all, but that's fair. You still know enough on boxing and I like to see your takes. I think that's about the best we'll do.

You don’t know boxing. That’s a terrible example. The second half of Floyd’s career, he basically was not cutting weight and always fighting bigger dudes. You know, fighting guys like Canelo, who’s a super middleweight right now. Also, Floyd is 152 lbs at the most soaked and wet, how the hell is he supposed to even get to 168? The reason why Floyd lasted as long as he did is because of skills. The reason why someone Roy Jones had a steep drop off is because once his attributes declined, he didn’t have the skills. And trust me, Benavidez is no Roy Jones.

The Floyd thing was not even important. The point was physical attributes can make up for boxing skills, and if you don't accept that you really don't know boxing, and only a blind muppet would deny Benavidez has a number of significant attribute advantages over Canelo. He is faster, far bigger/reach, plus fights at a higher pace than anyone Canelo has faced for ages, and can do it for 12 rounds. Canelo is not even 5'8, he is not a great fighter above 160, and can only beat solid fighters not elites, he is simply too small. All his opponents at those weights have been cherry picked carefully and were never physical threats, including BJS.

No, you're wrong, you lose. Watch Saturday, he'll toy with BJS, and give him a boxing lesson on top of turning him into a highlight. Yes: Canelo called his shot in the Kovalev fight and hit a bullseye. Hes a complete fighter. Benavidez is light years away right now. He needs to fight somebody legit, but he'll probably get his shot at some point anyway even fighting journeymen.

So current Benavidez is light years away from that broken down Kovalev who fought Canelo to an even fight until he was stopped? LOL. Have you even see Benavidez fight?

The Floyd thing was not even important. The point was physical attributes can make up for boxing skills, and if you don't accept that you really don't know boxing, and only a blind muppet would deny Benavidez has a number of significant attribute advantages over Canelo. He is faster, far bigger/reach, plus fights at a higher pace than anyone Canelo has faced for ages, and can do it for 12 rounds. Canelo is not even 5'8, he is not a great fighter above 160, and can only beat solid fighters not elites, he is simply too small. All his opponents at those weights have been cherry picked carefully and were never physical threats, including BJS.

So current Benavidez is light years away from that broken down Kovalev who fought Canelo to an even fight until he was stopped? LOL. Have you even see Benavidez fight?
Yeah, because Kovalev sticking around extra rounds is the same as almost losing to Ronald Gavril. I like the Benavidez, actually both Benavidez brothers, I'm just not blind and can be logical and he doesnt get close to beating Canelo right now.

Well you gave Floyd as an example and he happens to be the epitome of a smaller fighter beating bigger fighters—it was your example so don’t take it back lmao. I’m not ignoring Benavidez’s attributes, but telling you that won’t be enough against the likes of Canelo. The “speed discrepancy” is not like Ryan Garcia vs some bum. He will need to out box Canelo and that’s not likely at the moment. I’ve been watching boxing hardcore for over 30 years. These scenarios play out all the time. Furthermore, Benavidez hasn’t fought anybody to indicate he’d beat the best p4p boxer right now. He is all hype at the moment. There are more questions than answers when it comes to Benavidez—this is all blind faith.

Meh everyone is p4p until they get beat. If you have been watching boxing that long you would have seen it happen many a time like Mosley vs Forrest for example. Its a different world when you are moving up and fighting huge guys, you seem to be underestimating the huge physical advantages Benavidez has, and he has power, he's not a power puff like Smith.

Meh everyone is p4p until they get beat. If you have been watching boxing that long you would have seen it happen many a time like Mosley vs Forrest for example. Its a different world when you are moving up and fighting huge guys, you seem to be underestimating the huge physical advantages Benavidez has, and he has power, he's not a power puff like Smith.
So basically you dislike Canelo and latch on to the next boogieman in hopes that he will eventually lose so that you can claim you were right all along. We get it.

He can do it all, and has proven it. Hes outboxed boxers and outslugged sluggers. He has tremendous offense and tremendous defense. He isnt lacking anywhere. He has changed his style many times over for many different opponents.

He can't do it all. He's not a massive puncher. So massive punching is one thing he can't do. He's also not very athletic in his bottom half, so he can't play defense very well with footwork.

I'm sure there's a lot of other things he can't do, but those are just two that come to mind.

So basically you dislike Canelo and latch on to the next boogieman in hopes that he will eventually lose so that you can claim you were right all along. We get it.

Is that really what you could comprehend from this debate? lol.

He can't do it all. He's not a massive puncher. So massive punching is one thing he can't do. He's also not very athletic in his bottom half, so he can't play defense very well with footwork.

I'm sure there's a lot of other things he can't do, but those are just two that come to mind.

He also fights in spurts, low volume. Needs to be planted to unload punches. He has numerous limitations.

Hes not a massive puncher but has hurt every opponent through multiple weight classes. Got it.

Canelos critics love to say he has bad footwork, but ignore how he rarely gets hit cleanly even against elite fighters lol. Bouncing around on your toes means jack shit if youre still getting tagged. The guys defense is referred to as the matrix but somehow hes lacking..... sure man.

Hes not a massive puncher but has hurt every opponent through multiple weight classes. Got it.

Canelos critics love to say he has bad footwork, but ignore how he rarely gets hit cleanly even against elite fighters lol. Bouncing around on your toes means jack shit if youre still getting tagged. The guys defense is referred to as the matrix but somehow hes lacking..... sure man.

All I'm saying is there's no need to overstate how good he is. He's a very good well rounded fighter, but saying "he can do it all" is an exaggeration.

How many elite fighters has he fought since Floyd?

All I'm saying is there's no need to overstate how good he is. He's a very good well rounded fighter, but saying "he can do it all" is an exaggeration.
He can do it all.....

He can do it all.....
Hes literally the most complete fighter in boxing right now. It's like people think his loss to Mayweather somehow carries over into the present day picture, but Canelo is literally a different dude today because what he learned in that experience. They just cant stand he actually has lived up to the original hype, and its hater syndrome not objective acceptance of the boxing picture as a whole. I have sentimental favs, but I personally am a fan of the sport as a whole, I only get competitive on here because it's fun to debate opinions and predict fight outcomes. I'm sure most are the same with occasional favoritism. But Canelo hater syndrome is almost Mayweather hater syndrome level, and it sticks out like a sore thumb. They are clearly not watching a thing Canelo does in the ring lately and are clinging to the past.

I’m with you, but let’s make this point properly, 3 times inside of 6 months (December 19th) and will likely schedule another fight for September. And there might be a real chance he ends up fighting 5 times in a 12 month period.

This right here.

Yeah, because Kovalev sticking around extra rounds is the same as almost losing to Ronald Gavril. I like the Benavidez, actually both Benavidez brothers, I'm just not blind and can be logical and he doesnt get close to beating Canelo right now.
What happened to Jose Benavidez anyway?

What happened to Jose Benavidez anyway?
Last I saw him he was in a video threatening to beat the shit out of Plant because he felt Plant disrespected his family while David stood stoically in the background watching.

Other than that, I've been wondering same thing. Maybe his bad leg is just forcing an early retirement. I was hoping to see a few more scraps with him. Unique style.

I should’ve stopped talking to you when you said Canelo had no footwork. Enjoy the fights this weekend. SMH

Back