Social Cancel Culture now targeting Stand Up Comedians

Luckily for him he's probably safe from being cancelled considering nobody knows who the fuck he is in the first place.

The problem stems when the comedians are insulting minority groups. That is completely different than having fun at the expense of white people
Ah so in other words its completely ok!
Then comedy has no no more meaning if people are so sensitive over jokes.

No one had a problem with comedy and the kind of jokes during the 80s and 90s and only now comedy is problem. Probably because of some people who are insensitive on twitter.

Is there a compelling reason to not allow people to say things you don't need to hear in places you don't need to frequent? I don't think so. These aren't politicians who are using rhetoric to promote policy. They're not even news anchors who are pretending to paint an accurate picture of the world to influence their viewers. Comedians can be effectively ignored by everyone who is so inclined.

that isnt really the argument i made though and i did not comment on this specific instance either.

my point is that there is nothing about "art" that is magic or valuable as to get a special exception to ordinary social norms even though "art" getting a pass is constantly touted as an article of faith by some people.

that isnt really the argument i made though and i did not comment on this specific instance either.

my point is that there is nothing about "art" that is magic or valuable as to get a special exception to ordinary social norms even though "art" getting a pass is constantly touted as an article of faith by some people.
Hey is naked children is allowed as art, this guy should be able to tell racially charged jokes. You can’t please everyone and some will find his humor funny.

I've seen mentions that many comedians will no longer do shows in University towns. Liberal woke culture targets everyone.

Only State Approved comedy will be allowed..such as the hilarious SNL, and nighttime "comedians" Noah,Kimmel, Fallon,Colbert, Meyers ect...

You don’t think the guy calling him a “filthy fucking ch*nk” wasn’t crossing any lines in the stand up comedy culture let alone all the anti Asian hate going around?
I already addressed this and said I confused this with a different standup comedian.

Hey is naked children is allowed as art, this guy should be able to tell racially charged jokes. You can’t please everyone and some will find his humor funny.

thats fine so long as people who disagree can speak out and cause consequences through their free speech also. that's what i am doing- just pointing out that vile speech is still vile speech even if you spray perfume on it.

Posted in the thread going on in Mayberry:

Who is the arbitrator of what's on & off limits? Who writes that manual? Where's the line on who is offended? Race, body type, political affiliation, nationality, religion, age, status, etc, will all offend someone.

When comedy sucks, the comedians won't make it. Free market at work. Hacks like Tony have shit material. Cancel is not the way.

-- Signed a minority

thats fine so long as people who disagree can speak out and cause consequences through their free speech also. that's what i am doing- just pointing out that vile speech is still vile speech even if you spray perfume on it.
It is vile speech to you but some may find it entertaining. If you don’t like something you don’t have to watch it or listen to it. The world does not need to try to cancel whoever they don’t like, isn’t funny to them, or doesn’t have the same thoughts.

It is vile speech to you but some may find it entertaining. If you don’t like something you don’t have to watch it or listen to it. The world does not need to try to cancel whoever they don’t like, isn’t funny to them, or doesn’t have the same thoughts.

Again i have not made the argument you are opposing. Im stating a position through which the entire issue can be viewed and it allows for criticism of vile speech.

Last edited:
Yea, again...racial humor can be successful and often funny...if well delivered.

like this entire bit was absolutely hilarious.

From great comedians right racial humor is frequently the best humor. The simple problem is that a lot of the comedians who attempt racial humor aren't great comedians.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back