Social Cancel Culture now targeting Stand Up Comedians

According to this YouTube video Hinchcliffe was just dropped from the Rogan/Hinchcliffe show.

Stand up comedians have gotten a pass for far too long. Racist or homophobic or xenophobic comments can't be excused because "it's comedy!" It is time they be held accountable like the rest of us should

I give comedians, especially stand up comedians a great deal of latitude in terms of their content..

But nothing...nothing about that was funny or in context, well delivered or anything.

Surprised he didn't make a small dick joke
he went too hard on the edge lord and shock humor and fell flat. I think chappelle used to make anti chinese jokes but just delivered them better and with more subtly.

I'm interpreting the clip as him actually paying deference to the man who introduced him, and ironically berating the audience as race traitors for laughing at that "c***k" (because presumably a good white audience would boo a Chinese performer based on race alone).

So he's pretending to be racist to mock a dearth of racism. It's absurd-ironic shock comedy.
"Tony Hinchcliffe, best known for his work on Joe Rogan's podcast"

Z-level Comic {<jordan}
And that right there is why they're going after him.

They even fabricate and organize excuses to go after anyone associated with Joe. Why do you think they went after Bryan Callen, Joey Diaz, and Chris D'Elia almost all at the same time on the thinly veiled pretense that they were Weinstein-lites? It was pure, orchestrated bullshit. The endgame, I'm certain, was to smear Rogan as the king presiding over a court of rapists. He harbored them, groomed them, encouraged them. That's what Gloria Allred wanted. That was her master plan.

This is nothing new.

Comedians are always getting shit.

I can think of several old school UK Comedians that were always in the shit.

There wasn’t even a joke involved, just racial slurs and stereotypes and calling the audience “race traitors” for laughing at the Asian comedian on stage before him.

Guy could be canceled just for being shit at his job.

Yea, again...racial humor can be successful and often funny...if well delivered.

like this entire bit was absolutely hilarious.

According to this YouTube video Hinchcliffe was just dropped from the Rogan/Hinchcliffe show.

this dude sounds like garrett from community.

too much money involved for joe not to cancel tony hinchcliffe money has too much power. joe gave him the "et tu brute" stab.

66891cd709cdbfa97b3bec62a57a9019.png

The racist scumbag was dropped by his agency. He just killed his pathetic career.

Comedian Tony Hinchcliffe dropped by WME and Joe Rogan gigs after slur against Chinese comedian: reports
ny-comic-tony-hinchcliffe-let-go-by-wme-after-anti-asian-slur-against-peng-dang-20210513-7xqq6fhycfcd5e3krh6ztceylu-story.html

Comedian Tony Hinchcliffe Racist Asian Jokes in Austin, TX ... WME Parts Ways With Him

Peng explains that prior to bringing Tony on, he himself had, ironically enough, actually done a few jokes about stopping Asian hate -- to which he says the crowd responded positively. That's why Peng says he was utterly shocked to hear Tony's jokes.
So..... one guy tells a bunch of jokes about asians and then is shocked by the next guy telling jokes about asians?

They are really concerned about people tied to Rogan.

Once Rogan gets his own comedy store open, they will be free from cancel culture. Comedians will have a home there.

what this effectively does is blunt the power of the left and their control over cultural outlets. Even if it’s just one outlet, it’s a start.

They are really concerned about people tied to Rogan.

Once Rogan gets his own comedy store open, they will be free from cancel culture. Comedians will have a home there.

what this effectively does is blunt the power of the left and their control over cultural outlets. Even if it’s just one outlet, it’s a start.
I think two problems arise

1. joe has proven not to be loyal and will disown his friends in situations like this.

2. spotify can probably still tell him not to have comedians on in his own club if they get out of line or what they feel is un pc. like if a video gets out of another one his friends being edgy at his club. they own joe now.

I think two problems arise

1. joe has proven not to be loyal and will disown his friends in situations like this.

2. spotify can probably still tell him not to have comedians on in his own club if they get out of line or what they feel is un pc. like if a video gets out of another one his friends being edgy at his club they own joe now.
Actually i see it as joe can do what he wants. Spotify can cancel working with joe, but I think joe keeps the money.
Then Rogan can go right back to YouTube and iTunes and all those podcast platforms

It's also not something that is typically televised nationwide, and is usually understood to be ironic. Nobody who doesn't want to be exposed to a comedian's jokes needs to be. Most of the time the backlash to a comedian's jokes is what ends up propogating them in the first place.

Hinchecliffe's biggest mistake was not being sure how the other guy would take the joke.

meh...

The guy was talking about stoping Asian hate so tony trying to be funny says racist shit immediately after. I get the joke but it’s Hacky. Tony also has said racist jokes plenty times in the past and they are almost always awkward and unfunny. That being said I don’t think it’s something to be offended by because he was at least trying to be funny and it was a joke but I won’t feel sympathy for him if no one wants to see him do stand up anymore either. The best content he produces is Kill Tony anyway

Is there a compelling reason to not allow people to say things you don't need to hear in places you don't need to frequent? I don't think so. These aren't politicians who are using rhetoric to promote policy. They're not even news anchors who are pretending to paint an accurate picture of the world to influence their viewers. Comedians can be effectively ignored by everyone who is so inclined.

Stand up comedians have gotten a pass for far too long. Racist or homophobic or xenophobic comments can't be excused because "it's comedy!" It is time they be held accountable like the rest of us should
But for the new comedy its to insults, mock white people now?

People like you are a danger to society.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back