Social Cancel Culture at it's Finest - Libs of TikTok Gets an Old Lady Fired From Home Depot

Social media FTW again.

"It's not enough that my friends and family know I'm a moron. Quick, hand me a tool that allows me to broadcast it to the world. I've been trying to figure out a way to really fuck up my own life and this seems like the ticket!"

Social media FTW again.

"It's not enough that my friends and family know I'm a moron. Quick, hand me a tool that allows me to broadcast it to the world. I've been trying to figure out a way to really fuck up my own life and this seems like the ticket!"

There's a lot I don't understand about culture these days but social media is definitely at the top of the list.

Nah. You can be against something but still think if it's going to happen, it should happen equally.

So, if I told you I'm against stealing elections, but have no problem with Biden claiming he wins the election in November, submitting fake electors and pressuring Kamala to not certify the election - would you agree that's a based take?

Which means it encapsulates your original argument perfectly.

No, because it suggests impending defense.

A better example, using violence, would be if some kid got upset and hit your child 3 months ago and instead of condemning that kid, you decide to also raise your child to beat the shit out of anyone who upsets them.

Man it’s almost like eye for an eye .. MAGA hat kid, the kid wearing face paint at a chiefs game . The Reddit guy that had Trump clotheslining cnn .. ect

Man it’s almost like eye for an eye .. MAGA hat kid, the kid wearing face paint at a chiefs game . The Reddit guy that had Trump clotheslining cnn .. ect

They tried to cancel a kid for being dressed up as an Indian?

Should probably be differentiated between poor people with no power and those who actually have cultural and meaningful impact on society.

I prefer both sides not resort to this tactic. I see some of the doxing that goes on online and it is crazy. Most of the people have this bloodlust that needs to be satisfied and believing that they have the moral high ground allows them to act crazy. It doesn't even have to be political. I saw someone get doxxed for photoshopping their own photos while promoting some sort of fitness thing. Just leave a bad review or something. Some folks were harassing their relatives etc etc.

The left created it, and now will reap what they have sowed. Everything the left does eventually bites them in the ass. The reason is they have lost common sense. I am no Trumper, but a guy like that could only get elected when the other side has jumped the shark so bad they over correct. The left stands for cancel culture. Biological men in women's sports because they 'identify as a woman"...No common sense. Legalized shoplifting, because it's racist to prosecute the majority of shoplifters because they are minorities. No common sense. Allowing unvetted migrants to pass through the border and put them up in hotels and give them stipends, gift cards, meals....all while homeless is rampant here. No common sense. This is why an asshole like Trump will get elected.

The left created it, and now will reap what they have sowed. Everything the left does eventually bites them in the ass. The reason is they have lost common sense. I am no Trumper, but a guy like that could only get elected when the other side has jumped the shark so bad they over correct. The left stands for cancel culture. Biological men in women's sports because they 'identify as a woman"...No common sense. Legalized shoplifting, because it's racist to prosecute the majority of shoplifters because they are minorities. No common sense. Allowing unvetted migrants to pass through the border and put them up in hotels and give them stipends, gift cards, meals....all while homeless is rampant here. No common sense. This is why an asshole like Trump will get elected.
I think you are basing your entire idea on the left based on ragebait social media posts......

Most people on the left disagree with cancel culture, the sports schtick and legalized shoplifting.

No one should support this. People should be able to have their own views and opinions outside of work, no matter how abhorrent. As far as I can tell this woman wasn't publicizing her views to the point it was becoming an issue at work. It was only an issue because some scumbags hunted her down to punish her for wrong thing.

I'm of the believer that doxxing should be illegal and seen as harassment unless it can be proven in some form of societal interest.

They tried to cancel a kid for being dressed up as an Indian?
First they try to say he was doing black face .. then said he was doing culture appropriation bs even tho he’s Native American lol

Wrongly shaming a kid for ‘blackface’ is a gross virtue signal​

Reality has put a big old Arrowhead Chop into a cheaply manufactured NFL racism scandal.

In perhaps the laziest Monday-morning quarterbacking performance ever, Deadspin writer Carron Phillips smeared a pint-size Kansas City Chiefs fan as a blackface-wearing bigot — and accused the NFL and CBS of aiding and abetting such abhorrent behavior.

First they try to say he was doing black face .. then said he was doing culture appropriation bs even tho he’s Native American lol

Wrongly shaming a kid for ‘blackface’ is a gross virtue signal​

Reality has put a big old Arrowhead Chop into a cheaply manufactured NFL racism scandal.

In perhaps the laziest Monday-morning quarterbacking performance ever, Deadspin writer Carron Phillips smeared a pint-size Kansas City Chiefs fan as a blackface-wearing bigot — and accused the NFL and CBS of aiding and abetting such abhorrent behavior.

Man these people are crazy. Just let kids have fun, it shouldn't even matter whether he's native American, white or black. This has gone way too far, and sadly the woke virus is infecting my country too and they've relentlessly been attacking one of our national holidays as well.

I don't believe someone should be fired from her job for posting a political opinion on Facebook, no matter how despicable it is, but first, the outraged liberals in this thread need to offer a mea culpa.

You always argued when it was a conservative being fired or canceled that the corporation was merely protecting their business interests, and that justifies it. Presumably, that same argument could be used for any instance like this. That Home Depot has a lot of conservative customers. This could hurt sales if word got out around town that this lady was a clerk, or some other lame rationalization like that. Amirite?

So if you want people to condemn this, and reject this sort of cancel culture, here are the steps:
(1) Acknowledge cancel culture exists.
(2) Acknowledge it's wrong because it's harmful to practical free speech (spare us the weeds about illegality, we all understand this is about consequences, not criminality, those consequences are what is backfiring, here) .
(3) Acknowledge you previously justified it when it was someone you didn't like getting canceled, and made arguments like the one I briefly highlighted above.
(4) Admit that argument was wrong. Concede.

Then we can move forward into a brighter, less spiteful, freer world.

I don't believe someone should be fired from her job for posting a political opinion on Facebook, no matter how despicable it is, but first, the outraged liberals in this thread need to offer a mea culpa.

You always argued when it was a conservative being fired or canceled that the corporation was merely protecting their business interests, and that justifies it. Presumably, that same argument could be used for any instance like this. That Home Depot has a lot of conservative customers. This could hurt sales if word got out around town that this lady was a clerk, or some other lame rationalization like that. Amirite?

So if you want people to condemn this, and reject this sort of cancel culture, here are the steps:
(1) Acknowledge cancel culture exists.
(2) Acknowledge it's wrong because it's harmful to practical free speech (spare us the weeds about illegality, we all understand this is about consequences, not criminality, those consequences are what is backfiring, here) .
(3) Acknowledge you previously justified it when it was someone you didn't like getting canceled, and made arguments like the one I briefly highlighted above.
(4) Admit that argument was wrong. Concede.

Then we can move forward into a brighter, less spiteful, freer world.

@emefer

Prob the best response to the whole turning the cheek you mentioned earlier

This makes it all the more worthwhile that she was given authority over books in Oklahoma.

Back