Canadian Man Goes on Killing Spree

They got him, came out of someones back yard with his hands up, there were witnesses so they didn't kill him, apparently.

No, really I don't know. Else I won't have reply to your comment telling you that your country should mind it's own business. Doesn't sounds sarcastic at all.

Ive never gotten along with Seano but he was very clearly being sarcastic on that one...

You know, I'm sort of ignorant as to the capabilities of the Canadian military. Does canada have a strong military?

Depends on who you talk to and what your definition of "strong" is. We're not a large military, and as such aren't capable of taking the lead in some of the larger deployments (some think that Canadian's taking over operations in Kandahar was a mistake, as we simply didn't have the numbers to properly conduct operations there, and needed American reinforcements), however what we have tends to be well respected by our allies. Canadian Special Forces (JTF2) and snipers tend to be as capable as any of our allies (Canadian snipers held the record for longest kill shot from 2002-2009 when it was broken by a Brit).

I think the biggest issues facing the Canadian Military are equipment and budget, and those go hand in hand. It takes us longer to replace aging equipment, and as such, that equipment starts having issues performing when needed, even after refits and overhauls (see the CH-124 SeaKing helicopter and the CF-18 Hornet, though the SeaKing is due to start being replaced in 2016. We were supposed to be getting a shipment of F-35's to start replacing the Hornets, but with all the issues they're having in production, that's gone back to the selection process again.). The other thing is we lack some of the larger transport vehicles, having to rely on ally (American) assistance to get some of our larger armored vehicles over seas.

So, yeah, we're strong and capable, but we're small and not the best equipped, which hinders where we can contribute.

I'm pretty sure we are a knife in a gunfight compared to the US but I also believe we are fairly powerful. I don't know. Someone else take the talking stick.

I think that can be said for any nation not named Russia or China, though.

Depends on who you talk to and what your definition of "strong" is. We're not a large military, and as such aren't capable of taking the lead in some of the larger deployments (some think that Canadian's taking over operations in Kandahar was a mistake, as we simply didn't have the numbers to properly conduct operations there, and needed American reinforcements), however what we have tends to be well respected by our allies. Canadian Special Forces (JTF2) and snipers tend to be as capable as any of our allies (Canadian snipers held the record for longest kill shot from 2002-2009 when it was broken by a Brit).

I think the biggest issues facing the Canadian Military are equipment and budget, and those go hand in hand. It takes us longer to replace aging equipment, and as such, that equipment starts having issues performing when needed, even after refits and overhauls (see the CH-124 SeaKing helicopter and the CF-18 Hornet, though the SeaKing is due to start being replaced in 2016. We were supposed to be getting a shipment of F-35's to start replacing the Hornets, but with all the issues they're having in production, that's gone back to the selection process again.). The other thing is we lack some of the larger transport vehicles, having to rely on ally (American) assistance to get some of our larger armored vehicles over seas.

So, yeah, we're strong and capable, but we're small and not the best equipped, which hinders where we can contribute.

I think that can be said for any nation not named Russia or China, though.

Yall may not be getting those F-35. TBH your defense budget is kinda of half assed considering the size of your country.

Ah, the modern isolated male Rambo, enacting revenge on a society of "sheep."

America continues to spreads its "Falling Down" culture across borders.

Ah, the modern isolated male Rambo, enacting revenge on a society of "sheep."

America continues to spreads its "Falling Down" culture across borders.

oh shut up, every country has murder's psychopaths. Canada isn't a ammune, grow up

You know, I'm sort of ignorant as to the capabilities of the Canadian military. Does canada have a strong military?

No we don't. We have a barely functional military. What we DO have is the ability to create a massive military almost immediately. We could produce nuclear weapons almost over night. We have more resources than any other country on the planet and we have the technology to make it happen.

I'm pretty sure we are a knife in a gunfight compared to the US but I also believe we are fairly powerful. I don't know. Someone else take the talking stick.

America could not succeed in Vietnam, and had to give up. America has not been able to defeat the Taliban after 13 years in Afghanistan.

Canada's military is far more sophisticated than the Taliban's, and Canadians are virtually indistinguishable from Americans.

It's pretty clear that, while America would make a huge clusterfuck out of the situation, they could not successfully occupy or take over Canada.

So much Murican jealousy. Canadia is a land of fatsos.

I do love Whistler, though. What a beautiful mountain to ski on.

As for the crazy shooter, I think it is pathetic. This sort of act is spreading everywhere, and needs to be stopped.

I was reading on Yahoo of another shooting spree in Seattle. What has this world become?

Has it been confirmed that he is not American???

No we don't. We have a barely functional military. What we DO have is the ability to create a massive military almost immediately. We could produce nuclear weapons almost over night. We have more resources than any other country on the planet and we have the technology to make it happen.

The US will protect you. Regardless of how disrespectful to us your people are.

Thats just how we roll.

Remember that next time you feel like making a "merica" joke.

We're like that fat friend with a car.

Back