Elections Canadian Federal Election 2019 Thread

Far less risk than oil by rail and less energy consuming. But I don't want to turn this into a pipeline thread, there's a couple of those already floating around. Agree to disagree on this issue. Sounds like you're probably voting NDP. Hopefully if they get into government they'll do well.

Yeah I agree, it's not a simple issue.

Yup, voting NDP for sure. I was hoping Angus was going to be their new leader, but I am finally warming up to Singh now that he is getting some air time.

I like Canada. The common sense liberalism which was sustainable by a hard working, under sized population, PRIOR to Trudeau and the whacked out leftism of the last 5-10 years, was actually very admirable.

The amount of oil being shipped by rail is overloading the capacity of our rail system for sure.

We can't just point out finger and and say "what about China" , that's what lazy people do. Let's LEAD and not follow.

Doesn't it sadden you to know that rivers and lakes in Canada are unfit to swim in? Unfit to consume the fish that are caught?

What horrible creatures we are to poison the very environment that provides for us in search of the quickest route to profit.

Humans are indeed horrible creatures. Some worse than others.

Humans are indeed horrible creatures. Some worse than others.

We can do better.

Humans are so crafty and innovative when we need to be. There are sustainable ways we can move forward and we Canadians should step up and lead the charge.

We can do better.

Humans are so crafty and innovative when we need to be. There are sustainable ways we can move forward and we Canadians should step up and lead the charge.

Mods should be ashamed to give a positive edude you like dubz!

Mods should be ashamed to give a positive edude you like dubz!

Haha, well thank you.

However, sometimes I like to play devils advocate a little too harshly.

(And sometimes sarcasm / jokes / whatever don't carry over very well on a forum as it sounds in my head.)

I like Canada. The common sense liberalism which was sustainable by a hard working, under sized population, PRIOR to Trudeau and the whacked out leftism of the last 5-10 years, was actually very admirable.

We're really not any more left than we were. Still a centrist govt.

Common sense however, has seen steep declines from what we used to have. On all sides.

That debate format was atrocious.

Terrible signal to noise ratio.
Absolutely. I had to tap out as it was the equivalent of snow on the TV.

Have 45 seconds in which to articulate your points on complex issues.

The fuck is that?

Absolutely. I had to tap out as it was the equivalent of snow on the TV.

Have 45 seconds in which to articulate your points on complex issues.

The fuck is that?
And letting both candidates talk over each other.

The amount of oil being shipped by rail is overloading the capacity of our rail system for sure.

We can't just point out finger and and say "what about China" , that's what lazy people do. Let's LEAD and not follow.

Doesn't it sadden you to know that rivers and lakes in Canada are unfit to swim in? Unfit to consume the fish that are caught?

What horrible creatures we are to poison the very environment that provides for us in search of the quickest route to profit.
I think you need to realize this is mostly politics hiding behind environmentalism.

The Federal Gov't and BC and Native Groups just want a bigger share of AB oil revenues and if given that, all this goes away.

They want another Churchill Falls type deal that bends Alberta over and enriches other provinces much like Quebec has been bending Newfoundland over for decades thx to the Feds.

There are numerous new pipelines working their way thru BC system for all the LNG and other projects inside BC. Very little noise or protest about the environment when they get to keep all the money.

NWBC-Proposed-LNG-Pipe-Overview-October-2013.jpg

Not to be a dick, but isn't it well expected that pipelines are less harmful than shipping oil by rail?

I used to really care aobut Canada's carbon footprint, but then realized China, India, and the rest of the developing world will destroy the planet anyways.

You can be a dick here, he's an idiot. Pipelines have a 99.997 success rate in product delivery without incident and are by far more safe and ecologically efficient compared to rail and road transport

Scheer sealed it for me when he was the first candidate to bring up Canada's slipping innovation ranking and increased STEM brain drain with talent moving to the States. His post debate interview brought up how regardless of focusing on green technology, our talent is going to go south due to increased wages for professionals and stem workers, stronger PPP and lower taxes.

Theres a reason why 30-65% of our Software developers, Engineers, Computer science graduates moved to the States since 2015.

Last edited:
Back