Elections Canadian Federal Election 2019 Thread

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Prokofievian, Aug 1, 2019.

1. IGotAHugePeckah

IGotAHugePeckah Black Belt

I'm interested in seeing how much of a bite the NDP and perhaps even the Green Party can take out of Trudeau's vote count.

I don't expect Bernier to make much of a dent in Scheer's base. I get the feeling that a lot of people who were initially intrigued by Bernier have since lost faith in him, myself included.

I imagine this will all end with a Liberal minority government, but wouldn't be surprised to see a different result.

2. IGotAHugePeckah

Well it's a spousal travel fund, so it's her husband doing the travelling. So I imagine Johnny Taxpayer could say "if it's that goddamn expensive, maybe stay at home more."

3. Damien Karras

Damien Karras Mirabile dichtu, don't you agree?

Bernier has poor judgement. The guy dated a woman who was once dating one of the heads of the hell's angels.

He also misplaced critical intelligence documents.

4. IGotAHugePeckah

Yeah, that was ridiculous but I could look past that kind of gaffe. There are no perfect men among us, and I liked his small government, libertarian-style of conservatism.

But seeing him now - going on Twitter rants insulting that 16-year old autistic girl... it's just pathetic and shows a lack of decency and extremely poor judgement. Instead of communicating his points - many of which I still agree with - in a professional, courteous manner, he's turned himself into a clown.

Devout Pessimist likes this.
  5. Damien Karras

Christ almighty I did not hear about the Greta Thunberg rant until you mentioned it.

I hope he doesn't win a seat in his own riding and leaves politics for good. We don't need demagogues like him in our country.

6. 2DUM2TAP

2DUM2TAP Silver Belt

On top of a Mountain punch dancing my rage away
    I know. I don't agree with business class for them, but they have to spend a lot of time in Ottawa. I don't have an issue with the family travel plan really.

7. LuchaBear

LuchaBear Red Belt

Maybe it's time Canadians realize that the Green Party may have more in common with the Conservative party, (outside of climate issue importance) than the NDP and Liberal party.

SammyPops likes this.
  8. IGotAHugePeckah

I don't either, and I don't even fault JWR or any of the other MPs, because it should be up to leadership to put a cap (either official or unofficial) on that spending, or at least give these people an indication of what is acceptable or unacceptable. There shouldn't be a blank check for them. To me, it's a policy issue, if anything.

9. IGotAHugePeckah

I'm not a fan of the Green Party or May, but I think her answer sounds pretty reasonable.

"I could talk to them. I could try to dissuade them. I could say it would be unfortunate ... but I don't have the power as leader of the Green Party to whip votes, nor do I have the power to silence an MP," May said in an interview with CBC News Network's Power & Politics, recorded last Wednesday.

"And frankly, I think that's a good thing because democracy will be healthier when constituents know that their MP works for them and not their party leader," May told host Vassy Kapelos.

I mean who can really disagree with that? Plus we know there's not a chance in hell a GP MP would bring up the debate, so it's a non-issue really.

Ayin and Devout Pessimist like this.
  10. Wet Blanket

Wet Blanket He / Him - Totally Radical Vegan Misanthrope Double Yellow Card

What Canadian doesn't know that?

That's why we call them conservatives on bikes.

11. LuchaBear

LuchaBear Red Belt

The Rhinoceros Party are trying to get a man named Maxime Bernier nominated in the exact same riding that the People Party's Maxime Bernier is trying to win LOL.

[​IMG]

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/maxime-bernier-rhino-party-beauce-1.5278902

Ayin and Crazy Diamond like this.
  12. LuchaBear

LuchaBear Red Belt

Sometimes it feels like many.. Kind of like how many people still don't get that the B.C Liberal Party is not connected to the Federal Liberal Party of Canada, as well as the fact that they have many Conservatives with in the party.

Ayin likes this.
  13. trac209

trac209 Black Belt

You do realize it effects prices of everything..

14. Damien Karras

lol no joke that will mess up his numbers. Not by a huge margin but conservatively 2-5%
    This could affect really old people or impatient people who don't properly look at the box they tick

Ayin and LuchaBear like this.
  15. Mcountry

Mcountry Brown Belt

I need to explain this to everyone.

If it comes over on this;

[​IMG]

it should be hit with a carbon tax. And if it isn't...then it isn't doing a fucking thing for the environment.

Canada is only on the fucking hook for less than 3 percent global emissions. Really they shouldn't even be bothering with a carbon tax. If they wanna fucking help the environment, I'd be investing in clean tech like tesla batteries, solar roofing, home batteries and the like. The carbon tax is just JT virtue signalling.

Fuck I hate that guy.

16. trac209

trac209 Black Belt

Yup he is a first class pos.

IGotAHugePeckah and Mcountry like this.
  17. Mcountry

Mcountry Brown Belt

I'll hit him with a double leg you grab full mount and 12-6 his eyebrows off his face.

IGotAHugePeckah likes this.
  18. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond 2GM/c^2 belt

Sitting in a bunker, here behind my wall.
    And that's fine by me. But don't post half truths, exaggerations, and lies of omission and expect anyone to believe you're any better.

19. Wet Blanket

Yes, that's true.

Btw, Lefties and others were quite mad at May for hiring Warren Kinsella to work on her camain.

LuchaBear likes this.
  20. Wet Blanket

LuchaBear likes this.