Elections Canadian Federal Election 2019 Thread

Sometimes it feels like many.. Kind of like how many people still don't get that the B.C Liberal Party is not connected to the Federal Liberal Party of Canada, as well as the fact that they have many Conservatives with in the party.

Yes, that's true.

Btw, Lefties and others were quite mad at May for hiring Warren Kinsella to work on her camain.

The Rhinoceros Party are trying to get a man named Maxime Bernier nominated in the exact same riding that the People Party's Maxime Bernier is trying to win LOL.

5d780b043b00002b88d0c5f5.jpeg

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/maxime-bernier-rhino-party-beauce-1.5278902

Lol..not like PPC has a chance or anything, but that's hilarious.

I don't either, and I don't even fault JWR or any of the other MPs, because it should be up to leadership to put a cap (either official or unofficial) on that spending, or at least give these people an indication of what is acceptable or unacceptable. There shouldn't be a blank check for them. To me, it's a policy issue, if anything.
I hate to be that guy, but if it was Trudeau, let's say prior to the last election, who reportedly had nearly 10 times as much in travel expenses compared with all the rest of cabinet, people would still be complaining about it now. Ditto any other high-profile cabinet member. She doesn't get a pass.

Yes... HER (former) cabinet. I think you're missing the point here. I never argued that it wasn't newsworthy.

There were conservative MPs who claimed more. Yet Global found it #supernecessary to create an article detailing the entire story... and then another article specifically attacking JWR.

The timing is quite convenient for the Liberals... or would you disagree with that? :D
Then I clearly didn't miss the point. You imply shenanigans are at work and I am saying no shenanigans are needed to explain this. However, I think that if political influence is a factor here, it's coming from the right, not the left. The Liberals gain far more from showing that Conservative MPs are arrogantly wasteful, especially compared with the Trudeau cabinet, than getting one over on Raybold. No, the fact that none of the Conservative MPs names or expense totals are even mentioned suggests they were being protected from exposure to me. Global is not pro-Trudeau, I can tell you that much. In fact, they received the "tip" that broke the whole SNC scandal if you recall, and led the charge to make as big an issue out of it as possible.

However, I think that if political influence is a factor here, it's coming from the right, not the left. The Liberals gain far more from showing that Conservative MPs are arrogantly wasteful, especially compared with the Trudeau cabinet, than getting one over on Raybold.

If you think the Conservatives are the ones benefiting from a JWR hit-piece, then I'm sorry to inform you that yes, you've missed the point. You and the point are not even on the same continent right now.

I hate to be that guy, but if it was Trudeau, let's say prior to the last election, who reportedly had nearly 10 times as much in travel expenses compared with all the rest of cabinet, people would still be complaining about it now. Ditto any other high-profile cabinet member. She doesn't get a pass.

I'm not saying people can't or shouldn't complain about it, but anyone with a 3-digit IQ should also wonder why there isn't a cap put on these expenditures, rather than being happy with politicians given a blank check and expecting them to police themselves.

Did you say something unnice about May to get the dubz?

No, a certain mod said that I was "advcating for the indiscriminate killing of farmers".

Damn I'm an angrier vegan than I thought. First time getting carded and it's dubs....

No, a certain mod said that I was "advcating for the indiscriminate killing of farmers".

Damn I'm an angrier vegan than I thought. First time getting carded and it's dubs....

Mods be crazy.

How cute Canada's elections get its own thread.

If you think the Conservatives are the ones benefiting from a JWR hit-piece, then I'm sorry to inform you that yes, you've missed the point. You and the point are not even on the same continent right now.
Disagreeing with it and missing it are not the same. Keeping her name in the news is effectively keeping the SNC-Lavalin story in the news and that is not a help to Trudeau. And a hit piece would be if someone combed over tons of records and wrote a story about every last thing one could find a negative slant on. This is one single issue, and a glaringly clear one at that (unless travel costs are just plain astronomical to get to her constituency, which is Vancouver so nah).

You can't call it a hit piece out of one side of your mouth while agreeing that it's a valid and newsworthy complaint from the other. Does not compute.

I'm interested in seeing how much of a bite the NDP and perhaps even the Green Party can take out of Trudeau's vote count.

I don't expect Bernier to make much of a dent in Scheer's base. I get the feeling that a lot of people who were initially intrigued by Bernier have since lost faith in him, myself included.

I imagine this will all end with a Liberal minority government, but wouldn't be surprised to see a different result.

I'm hoping for Trudeau to be blown out and completely embarrassed, but realistically, I am also thinking we will be seeing a liberal minority government. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like Trudeau is trying to avoid exposing his idiocy by limiting the amount of debates he will participate in. He will only be stuttering and mumbling about the previous government, virtue signalling and shamelessly pandering through three debates. Though it is not entirely Trudeau's fault. The debate commissions sound like a complete joke.

National Post:
Trudeau is gaming the election debate system, just like Harper before him
What we are left with is a position that is every bit as cynical and self-serving as the one that preceded it, only with the added pretence of high principle

Liberal director of communications Daniel Lauzon said his leader [Trudeau] would only show up for debates organized by the federal Leaders’ Debates Commission — the one designed and implemented by the Liberals.

Harper ended up participating in five debates; Trudeau seems determined to limit his exposure to three.

That’s the tragedy of the debates commission. It was an opportunity to overhaul the debates, transforming them from the disgrace to democracy they have too often been in the past into a vital new instrument of it. Instead the Liberals once again promised one thing and delivered another. The point of the commission was supposedly to prevent leaders from gaming the system, not to enable them.

trudeau2.jpg

I'm hoping for Trudeau to be blown out and completely embarrassed, but realistically, I am also thinking we will be seeing a liberal minority government. :(

I think it will be a minority regardless of who wins. I don't think there is enough support for Scheer nation wide. Probably with good reason.

It looks like Trudeau is trying to avoid exposing his idiocy by limiting the amount of debates he will participate in. He will only be stuttering and mumbling about the previous government, virtue signalling and shamelessly pandering through three debates. Though it is not entirely Trudeau's fault. The debate commissions sound like a complete joke.

National Post:
Trudeau is gaming the election debate system, just like Harper before him
What we are left with is a position that is every bit as cynical and self-serving as the one that preceded it, only with the added pretence of high principle

Liberal director of communications Daniel Lauzon said his leader [Trudeau] would only show up for debates organized by the federal Leaders’ Debates Commission — the one designed and implemented by the Liberals.

Harper ended up participating in five debates; Trudeau seems determined to limit his exposure to three.

That’s the tragedy of the debates commission. It was an opportunity to overhaul the debates, transforming them from the disgrace to democracy they have too often been in the past into a vital new instrument of it. Instead the Liberals once again promised one thing and delivered another. The point of the commission was supposedly to prevent leaders from gaming the system, not to enable them.

trudeau2.jpg

I would love nothing more than to see this baffoon have to go off of script as many times as possible. It would be absolutely catastrophic for him. With that being said, as much as I hate it and don't think he should be able to do it, this is definitely his best move.

At least he was fair, I got my dubs for advocating the indiscriminate killing of vegans in that same thread. lol

Back