Elections Canadian Federal Election 2019 Thread

I'm sure you can imagine what the liberal party is like with Cuckdeau at the helm.
Yeah it went downhill fast from the Chrétien years.
I used to make fun of him back in the days but at least he was an honourable guy.

Yeah it went downhill fast from the Chrétien years.
I used to make fun of him back in the days but at least he was an honourable guy.

Chretien hated the military and had his problems but he was certainly lightyears above what we see today in that party.

He's the one that kept us out of the Iraq war, resisting very strong US pressure.

Needless to say that was a good move.

Chretien hated the military and had his problems but he was certainly lightyears above what we see today in that party.

He's the one that kept us out of the Iraq war, resisting very strong US pressure.

Needless to say that was a good move.

I think it's too bad that we essentially have loathable parties in Canadian politics.
Liberals have a good environmental approach but their hey we have no culture, open-border identity politics, guilt-trip is not electable in my book.
The conservatives in Canada are essentially trying to copycat AMerican Republicans with the climate change skepticism and abortion debate.
In terms of economic policy they are both very big business-friendly and usually lick the balls of the USA and its allies in terms of foreign policy.

Give me the Liberal party without the retarded identity politics and ultra-multiculturalism and that would not be too bad.

This is trudeaus to screw up. Scheerer is an absolute moron. Hard to argue with numbers and progress. Im fine with another liberal term. Doug ford will be your next conservative leader. Hahaha

This is trudeaus to screw up. Scheerer is an absolute moron. Hard to argue with numbers and progress. Im fine with another liberal term. Doug ford will be your next conservative leader. Hahaha

I dunno man, I think doug is done after 1 term.

The conservatives in Canada are essentially trying to copycat AMerican Republicans with the climate change skepticism and abortion debate.

Didn't Scheer publicly come out and say he would NOT re-open the abortion debate?

I've heard people call Scheer a "Trump wannabe", and I just don't see any real comparison.

Doug Ford, on the other hand...

Would you take the over/under of 4 ethics convictions in Trudy's 2nd term?

I voted for him last time based on his electoric reform promise, which he broke btw, but this dude has no morale compase.

He acts like a spoiled rich kid b/c he is a spoiled rich kid.

I'm not a fan of the western conservatives but will vote to against Trudy, which is cool b/c I'm in a swing Toronto riding.

I voted for him last time based on his electoric reform promise, which he broke btw, but this dude has no morale compase.

I'm not a fan of the western conservatives but will vote to against Trudy, which is cool b/c I'm in a swing Toronto riding.
The ethics convictions are an issue for me. I don’t think it will matter. Also, I think my riding in toronto is historically ndp. Beaches east york.

The ethics convictions are an issue for me. I don’t think it will matter. Also, I think my riding in toronto is historically ndp. Beaches east york.

Mezes and the Danforth Music Hall be a great night.

I was previously Trinity Bellwoods for the longest time.

Didn't Scheer publicly come out and say he would NOT re-open the abortion debate?

These days it is not enough to state you are going to leave the abortion issue alone. You have to get out your pom-poms and celebrate a woman's "Right" to kill her unborn child and say you wish you could get pregnant so you can have an abortion.

michelle-wolf-abortion-cringe-celebration.jpg

These days it is not enough to state you are going to leave the abortion issue alone. You have to get out your pom-poms and celebrate a woman's "Right" to kill her unborn child and say you wish you could get pregnant so you can have an abortion.

michelle-wolf-abortion-cringe-celebration.jpg

Yeah, and I see they dug up an interview he did almost 15 years ago where he was against same-sex marriage. You can find clips from back then of Obama, Hillary Clinton, Biden, etc, not supporting same-sex marriage, so we're supposed to be outraged that a conservative Christian politician didn't support it? lol smh

Yeah, and I see they dug up an interview he did almost 15 years ago where he was against same-sex marriage. You can find clips from back then of Obama, Hillary Clinton, Biden, etc, not supporting same-sex marriage, so we're supposed to be outraged that a conservative Christian politician didn't support it? lol smh

It is also something Scheer will leave alone, but since he isn't attending gay parades in a rainbow man-thong and emphatically shouting his love for same-sex marriage for the heavens to hear he is literally Hitler.

Andrew Coyne: The question of what is Trudeau hiding is not going to go away
The issues involved in the SNC-Lavalin affair are too important to be treated flippantly. This isn’t some question of policy on which people of goodwill can differ

Not only is the RCMP reported to have been inquiring into the affair, in which the prime minister and other government officials attempted to interfere in a criminal prosecution, as a possible case of obstruction of justice, but investigators have apparently been prevented from gathering evidence from key witnesses — obstructed, if you will — by the government’s continuing refusal to release them from the bonds of cabinet confidentiality.

If the behaviour in question was not merely a violation, as the ethics commissioner found, of the principle of prosecutorial independence and section 9 of the federal Conflict of Interest Act, but a criminal offence, that is surely relevant information. And if that information has been kept from the public by the spurious invocation of cabinet confidentiality — by, in short, a cover-up — that takes the whole business into darker territory yet.

The NDP should've been the 'change' option this election. Instead, it's grasping for relevance: Robyn Urback

The differences in policy between Justin Trudeau and Andrew Scheer mostly come down to footnotes: on climate change, for example, it's a choice between the Liberals' ineffectual carbon tax, or the Conservatives' even more ineffectual climate policy. Both parties have terrible records on access to information, on the use of sneaky political tactics, on crossing ethical boundaries with and for important friends. The NDP should — should — be the logical alternative.

But Singh isn't even registering as an option. He stumbled in the early days and weeks of his leadership, struggling to find the correct line to take on Air India terrorists, flubbing his own party's position on language requirements for Supreme Court judges, and learning about his own caucus's support of gun-control legislation live in front of cameras.

Money is an issue — the NDP doesn't have any. Daily operations are still a problem — the party is still making amateur-style mistakes, such as sending journalists Singh's speech with stage directions, and distributing a press release with the wrong date. More than a dozen incumbents have opted not to run again. Caucus solidarity is still bruised from the ousting of MP Erin Weir.

That said, the talking points are right — "We're in it for you, not the rich and powerful." But Singh lacks the charisma to deliver them effectively. He sounds like he's talking to the University of Victoria student union, not an electorate exhausted by the same old establishment politics.

It's always humorous to me how 'spoiled rich kid is one of the go-to liberal insults to Trump, but Trudeau gets a pass.

At least Trump earned the presidency. Trudeau was handed his spot because of his name.

Back