Can you tell when water is near?

How do you feel it or perceive it? What kind of sense do you get? Like a gut feeling, a subconscious awareness, or something physical?

I can tell when the condensation in the sky is high before it starts to rain because I can feel it in my bones, an ache that I feel the most in my legs. Just a physiological reaction to the barometric pressure change I guess. Seems to be only in the condensation build-up stage because I don’t feel it when it actually rains, or if it’s a flash downpour.

I bet it has to do with smell. Like our caveman ancestors all could probably detect water easily, but because of our lifestyle now we've bred our sense of smell to be much weaker since we don't rely on it for survival anymore.

Nothing satisfies them thirsty bitches more than a dude who can smell water

Last edited:
How do you feel it or perceive it? What kind of sense do you get? Like a gut feeling, a subconscious awareness, or something physical?

I can tell when the condensation in the sky is high before it starts to rain because I can feel it in my bones, an ache that I feel the most in my legs. Just a physiological reaction to the barometric pressure change I guess. Seems to be only in the condensation build-up stage because I don’t feel it when it actually rains, or if it’s a flash downpour.
I'm afraid it's very difficult to describe. I can just 'feel' it. I'm consciously aware that the water is there, but I don't know how I know.

The only thing I can compare it to is when you know someone's there, have you ever had that? You come home and even though there's no sound, no TV light on the wall etc., when you go in you know whether or not your family member is in the building. Or you know someone's watching you, even though you haven't (consciously) seen or heard them. And you turn around and sure enough. It's not exactly the same as that though.

I can often tell when it's going to rain as well. That seems to be more common. I can 'smell' it, or kind of 'feel' a heaviness and tension in the air. It's especially strong before thunder and lightning.

Never thought about but then again I've always lived near bodies of water but knew they were there anyway so in that sense yes. I can hear low frequency sounds and electrical sockets though.
Old TVs used to make that high-pitched whine on the edge of hearing, even when they were on standby. I've never been able to hear sockets or other devices (on standby) though.

I can find water in any direction in my area even if I’ve never been to the spot before. I also live on an island.

You've only spoken about this once previously, and it happened to be to another person who also claimed they could detect water bodies?
<DontBelieve1>

I'm afraid it's very difficult to describe. I can just 'feel' it. I'm consciously aware that the water is there, but I don't know how I know.

The only thing I can compare it to is when you know someone's there, have you ever had that? You come home and even though there's no sound, no TV light on the wall etc., when you go in you know whether or not your family member is in the building. Or you know someone's watching you, even though you haven't (consciously) seen or heard them. And you turn around and sure enough. It's not exactly the same as that though.

I can often tell when it's going to rain as well. That seems to be more common. I can 'smell' it, or kind of 'feel' a heaviness and tension in the air. It's especially strong before thunder and lightning.

Old TVs used to make that high-pitched whine on the edge of hearing, even when they were on standby. I've never been able to hear sockets or other devices (on standby) though.
This reminded me of my ambush training in the military. We were taught to trust our instincts and if things 'didn't feel right', if you had a sense of foreboding even when it didn't seem to be based on anything, to stop everyone and speak up and it would be taken seriously. When we were preparing an ambush we were told not to look directly at the enemy when not necessary and especially not at their eyes, because they would 'feel it'.

shaky-hands.gif

Because of the cones being in the centre of your eye and the rods more peripheral, you can see things better when you look slightly to the side of them in low light anyway.

I can often tell when it's going to rain as well. That seems to be more common.

This reminded me of my ambush training in the military. We were taught to trust our instincts and if things 'didn't feel right', if you had a sense of foreboding even when it didn't seem to be based on anything, to stop everyone and speak up and it would be taken seriously. When we were preparing an ambush we were told not to look directly at the enemy when not necessary and especially not at their eyes, because they would 'feel it'.

shaky-hands.gif

Because of the cones being in the centre of your eye and the rods more peripheral, you can see things better when you look slightly to the side of them in low light anyway.
Actually this one time I took mushrooms and I closed my eyes, started to meditate, and I got to this state of consciousness that is very similar to being asleep but still awake, sometimes when I meditate after a few minutes I feel like I’ve slipped into this kind of state and I’m able to recall dreams from the night before yet I’m not actually dreaming, but this time the mushroom effects took me deeper into it and I kind of drifted away and with my eyes closed I forgot where I physically was out in the real world and got into this non-mindful hazy bliss.
Once I settled into this experience I started feeling the type of subtle presence in the room that you’re talking about, but since my mind and environment was quiet and my awareness had a gradual descent I didn’t react or think anything, it felt sort of like if you’re hanging out with a friend watching tv late at night and you start drifting off to sleep and forget where you are or who you are with but you still feel the presence of a person in the room.
When I opened my eyes after 15-20 minutes of course no one was there and I was like huh, that was odd.
A friend of a friend told me “oh yeah, they were actually there. There’s interdimensional beings blah blah” I thought wow this guy is fried off meth. That was like 10 years ago, now I think there could be something to it.

I have heard of such things in the military, someone in Vietnam stopping all of the sudden for no reason at all when their foot was literally on top of a tripwire mere millimeters away from setting off a mine.
And also how units start finding out that when certain guys are in front they are safer because they are better at perceiving danger that others would not.

Personally I’m not particularly good at feeling presences or sensing eyes on me I don’t think.
Which makes it weird that I did on mushrooms.

No but I can sense drug addicts from a mile away and I can pay them $2 to point me in the right direction.

Not that I've noticed. I enjoy being near water though.

Actually this one time I took mushrooms and I closed my eyes, started to meditate, and I got to this state of consciousness that is very similar to being asleep but still awake, sometimes when I meditate after a few minutes I feel like I’ve slipped into this kind of state and I’m able to recall dreams from the night before yet I’m not actually dreaming, but this time the mushroom effects took me deeper into it and I kind of drifted away and with my eyes closed I forgot where I physically was out in the real world and got into this non-mindful hazy bliss.
Once I settled into this experience I started feeling the type of subtle presence in the room that you’re talking about, but since my mind and environment was quiet and my awareness had a gradual descent I didn’t react or think anything, it felt sort of like if you’re hanging out with a friend watching tv late at night and you start drifting off to sleep and forget where you are or who you are with but you still feel the presence of a person in the room.
When I opened my eyes after 15-20 minutes of course no one was there and I was like huh, that was odd.
A friend of a friend told me “oh yeah, they were actually there. There’s interdimensional beings blah blah” I thought wow this guy is fried off meth. That was like 10 years ago, now I think there could be something to it.

I have heard of such things in the military, someone in Vietnam stopping all of the sudden for no reason at all when their foot was literally on top of a tripwire mere millimeters away from setting off a mine.
And also how units start finding out that when certain guys are in front they are safer because they are better at perceiving danger that others would not.

Personally I’m not particularly good at feeling presences or sensing eyes on me I don’t think.
Which makes it weird that I did on mushrooms.

In my teens to mid 20s I had a recurring nightmare where an entity was hovering over my head or chest while I was asleep. I would wake myself up swatting at it. Of course there was nothing there. It only happened when I was alone in the room. People will find this funny but the closest I can describe it as is a tie-dye jellyfish (bright colours).

From time to time I also have a nightmare that there is a malevolent humanoid standing at the foot or side of my bed. It just looks like a maybe 5'4" black, probably male silhoutte. Black like the colour black, not racially. This also wakes me up and is quite frightening, however of course there also doesn't seem to be anything there. I've never heard anyone else 'see' anything like the jellyfish, but the trope of a malevolent humanoid standing at the foot or side of your bed seems to be quite common.

shadowpeoplebedwatcher.jpg

(Mine are always standing, and do not have red eyes, they are just black.)

f79b374d065500b858478e229bac323c.gif

(Would be a lot less scary if the entity looked like this.)

It's the air. There's definitely a change, almost like it's fresher but different from the fresh air out in the mountains.

Most of the English rivers, lakes and beaches smell of sewage now so there is that.

Back