Can you remember what the first submission you pulled of succesfully was?

Can't really remember, probably an americana.

First competition sub was an americana from mount.

triangle from spider guard. first submission on a blue belt was omoplata from half guard.

Ezekiel choke from side control. This chill brown belt was showing it (and some sneaky setups) to some blue belt before class which I listened to. Ended up hitting it on another white belt during rolling. Been my goto hail mary ever since.

My first subs in both rolling and competition were triangles. To this day, 90% of my competition subs are triangles or triangle/armbars haha.

My first sub was before I ever trained. When I did an MMA fight in a shady bar with loaner gloves and a 5 dollar mouthguard.

It was a head scissor choke. I'll upload the video so you can all have a good laugh..I know I cringe when I see it :D

I was a white belt and triangled a guy more white belt than me. Nothing special, but it was my first tap, so...

I'm pretty sure it was a triangle. Now I almost never hit triangles.

My first sub was before I ever trained. When I did an MMA fight in a shady bar with loaner gloves and a 5 dollar mouthguard.

It was a head scissor choke. I'll upload the video so you can all have a good laugh..I know I cringe when I see it :D

Everyone starts somewhere.

That's a cool story.

Triangle choke... I squeezed so hard I farted and the guy taped

my first submission was the first time i ever trained at a BJJ school. i came from a Shooto background, so i had alot of experience with leglocks. a purple belt asked to roll and i ended up catching him in a toe hold. i felt really bad later when i learned that leglocks are frowned upon by lower levels.

Headlock, when I was in middle school wrestling with a friend.

Back