• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can you be anymore delusional than Tony Ferguson?

Nah, the lesser the accomplishments the bigger delusional fan. F.A.C.T.
Lol Anderson Silva's success is 100 percent irrelevant to the factual delusions of his fanbase.

Level of accomplishment does not absolve delusions....

Lol Anderson Silva's success is 100 percent irrelevant to the factual delusions of his fanbase.

Level of accomplishment does not absolve delusions....

Nah, like I said, they have justification. ferguson fans? lmao

What exactly did Tony say that was incorrect?

Oliveira didn't finish the armbar and had 3.5 minutes to set it up. He was definitely seconds away from causing a fight end injury to that arm but the round ended before that happened.

Tony did cut Oliveira from the bottom, but the cut doesn't mean Tony deserved to win the round and he wasn't implying he did.

Oliveira is reflexively better than anyone in the UFC on the ground and positions himself in ways that setup submissions if his opponent tries to escape/get up.

Tony was fighting like hell the first two rounds to get up, but Oliveira just had him dead to rights. Oliveira was dominant on the ground but it is a stretch to say he dominated Tony. Other than that last second armbar at the end of the first he wasn't imminently threatening.

If Tony were to say he was winning that fight at any point in time that is delusional..

Wait, what? You say Oliveira was dominant on the ground in a fight that largely occurred on the ground, but it's a stretch to say he dominated? How does that make sense?

omg is this a serious question?

have you been on sherdog long?

does the name Hitto ring a bell?

i can confidently say there is quite a few khabib/conor fans that are far more delusional than tony will ever be.

omg is this a serious question?

i can confidently say there is quite a few khabib/conor fans that are far more delusional than tony will ever be.

Yeah, but fans can be as delusional as they want. Afterall, the word fan is short for fanatic.

But, you don't ever expect that level of delusion from the actual athletes. Do you honestly not see the difference?

WELL HES KINDA RIGHT--GUESS IM DELUSIONAL TOO--NOT! YOU ARE JUST DOING TOO MUCH HERE

Yeah, but fans can be as delusional as they want. Afterall, the word fan is short for fanatic.

But, you don't ever expect that level of delusion from the actual athletes. Do you honestly not see the difference?
Fighters should be more delusional than fans. I can understand not being able to properly assess themselves... fans should be able to separate famboyism and objectively assess the fighter they're a fan of

tony vs diego. make it happen dana.

Bo6fxiQ.gif

Fighters rightfully so should be more delusional than fans... fans should be able to separate famboyism and objectively assess the fighter they're a fan of

LOL..

The word fan is literally short for fanatic. I expect athletes to be self confident. Afterall, if you don't think you can be the champion. I can think of better careers to have. Ones that pay more money, and don't include being punched, and kicked in the head.

But, when you've lost more than once in a row in embarrassing fashion. It's truly fucked up to believe you are the man. Look at Woodley right now. If he said he was going to get the belt back. What would you call it.. Delusion, or self confidence?

Justifiably delusional? No such thing fella.

Delusion is delusion.

Nope there are degrees. Ferguson fans are on the extreme end. Ya'll still think this gatekeeper is one fight away from title contention lol

SpitefulShorttermBongo-size_restricted.gif

What a fucking douchebag, feed him to Chandler so he KO his ass out and put the last nail in the coffin

you cant always take what a fighter says literally. its entertainment 1st after all.

remember chael sonnen claiming he was still undefeated or the champ? after losing to anderson.

these guys talk so much mad shit, the threats alone would get you arrested,

if you said that shit to your girlfriend or even a stranger.

people get worked up over everything, but guess it has people talking, making dumb threads,

creating a buzz one way or the other, thus improving popularity, familiarity,

its good for business, just ask conner

Feed Tony to Fiziev next so he can get legitimately KTFO and go away forever

He's one of the biggest narcissist in the fight game joining the ranks of Silva, Rockhold, Baroni, Penn, Jones, Cornier, Dillishaw

If Nunez really thinks she can beat Jake Paul in boxing than yeah, she's definitely more delusional than Tony. And that's saying something.

Wait, what? You say Oliveira was dominant on the ground in a fight that largely occurred on the ground, but it's a stretch to say he dominated? How does that make sense?

Fucking lol.

I would love to see that dude try and explain that one.

Back